Scrapping the Kitty Hawk

I was stationed on the Shitty Kitty back in the 70s. Did 3 years on that big SOB.
I was part of the Tiger Cruise in 1973. One of those military brats that came on board for the leg from Peral Harbor Hawii to San Diego... Got to watch them move the nukes off the ship. The marines and that white rope were something I remember to this very day. The Marine officer warned us that putting our hands over the rope could get us shot. Real attention getter. We got to watch flight operations from one of the upper cat walks... Learned a lot about military operations. USS Kitty Hawk.. CV63

I was part of the Tiger Cruise in 1973. One of those military brats that came on board for the leg from Peral Harbor Hawii to San Diego... Got to watch them move the nukes off the ship. The marines and that white rope were something I remember to this very day. The Marine officer warned us that putting our hands over the rope could get us shot. Real attention getter. We got to watch flight operations from one of the upper cat walks... Learned a lot about military operations. USS Kitty Hawk.. CV63
I was the superstructure repair locker scene leader during damage control when out at sea. After we got done with our drills we watched flight ops. I don't know how many hours I watched it.
I was an HT Hull Maint Tech.....so I was ship's company. The flight crew was the airwing that lived off of the ship when we were in port. Every time we came back from sea we had to wait for the airwing to offload every bit of their equipment and personal effects before we could leave the ship. It usually took over 12 hours. So we're sitting there after docking for all that time. We'd be docked at 9am and not leave till at least 9pm. Meanwhile our girlfriends and wives were waiting for us.

Last edited:
It was the last Diesel carrier. The rest are all nukes.
What happens if the woke assholes make nukes illegal?

The US will tell them to piss off. No one wants an Ocean empty of US Carriers, except NK, Russia, China and Venezuela.

Forum List

Back