SCOTUS will save America from Trump's attack on democracy

Take it to the bank :)

Many of the decisions against Trump were written with a judicial version of sarcasm and ridicule, by judges who seem offended by bogus allegations based on a pandemic of lies.​
I would add a warning to Trump, his attorneys and his supporters in Congress: many of Trump’s words and deeds in this case and other matters have resulted in so much anger, so much hatred, so much rage based on so many lies that it is very possible some dastardly deed may be committed against one of many public officials including elected officials, election administrators and medical authorities battling the COVID-19 plague.​
If any of these individuals receiving threats of violence are physically attacked, the president would be widely seen as inciting violence, making him morally guilty in many eyes, and potentially legally liable.​
No president, from any party, from the founding of our nation until today, has ever tried to attack and destroy American democracy the way Trump has. No president, no Democrat, no Republican, no liberal, no conservative, no moderate, no leader in the history of our Republic has ever done what Trump has done, and continues to do today.
Recently the United States Supreme Court refused to hear a case against the Pennsylvania vote in the 2020 presidential campaign. Soon the United States Supreme Court will reject the Texas case, most likely by refusing to consider it, or by issuing a ruling rejecting it, almost certainly by a unanimous vote of justices.​
The Supreme Court will end the attempted legal coup d’etat by Donald Trump, once and for all, consigning it to the dust binds of American history to be scorned by historians of democracy for a thousand years.

we're not a democracy dumbass,,,

You know, you guys pull this out of your ass whenever you're cornered.
We're a democratic republic.
There, smart ass.
And you'd better hope SCOTUS saves this country from becoming the despotic autocracy that Donald so desires.
we're a constitutional republic,,

Not if Trump stays in office.
Then we'll be a banana republic.

If that happens, our democratic republic is over and we totally go bananas!
Putin smiles either way :)

donald-trump-banana-republic.jpe
The only way that happens is if the Democrats were proven to have actually perpetrated widespread fraud that changed the election outcome. IOW, it certainly would not herald the end of our republic or that we are a banana republic.
frauds not the issue,, but you go ahead and run with that,,
Then what is?

you mean you dont even know??

its pretty evident when you just look at it,,
Are you unable to articulate your own point?

I do not make a habit of feeding others points to them as it is an asinine endeavor. You said fraud is not the issue. Then enlighten us as to what you think it is.

are you unable to see the world around you??
So that is a no, you cannot articulate your own point.

to bad,, theres a whole world spinning around you and youre missing it,,
I am not missing anything.

I am just not going to feed you your own talking points so you can hide behind more bullshit claims of not saying this or that or such not being the point. A point, I reiterate, you seem unwilling to make your damn self.

It is interesting that you claim I am missing something that you are unwilling to utter yourself. Astoundingly asinine.

how about you just go read the suit in front of SCOTUS???

Again....

Many of the decisions against Trump were written with a judicial version of sarcasm and ridicule, by judges who seem offended by bogus allegations based on a pandemic of lies.​
I would add a warning to Trump, his attorneys and his supporters in Congress: many of Trump’s words and deeds in this case and other matters have resulted in so much anger, so much hatred, so much rage based on so many lies that it is very possible some dastardly deed may be committed against one of many public officials including elected officials, election administrators and medical authorities battling the COVID-19 plague.​
If any of these individuals receiving threats of violence are physically attacked, the president would be widely seen as inciting violence, making him morally guilty in many eyes, and potentially legally liable.​
No president, from any party, from the founding of our nation until today, has ever tried to attack and destroy American democracy the way Trump has. No president, no Democrat, no Republican, no liberal, no conservative, no moderate, no leader in the history of our Republic has ever done what Trump has done, and continues to do today.
Recently the United States Supreme Court refused to hear a case against the Pennsylvania vote in the 2020 presidential campaign. Soon the United States Supreme Court will reject the Texas case, most likely by refusing to consider it, or by issuing a ruling rejecting it, almost certainly by a unanimous vote of justices.​
The Supreme Court will end the attempted legal coup d’etat by Donald Trump, once and for all, consigning it to the dust binds of American history to be scorned by historians of democracy for a thousand years.

There, smart ass.
And you'd better hope SCOTUS saves this country from becoming the despotic autocracy that Donald so desires.

The only way that happens is if the Democrats were proven to have actually perpetrated widespread fraud that changed the election outcome. IOW, it certainly would not herald the end of our republic or that we are a banana republic.
Then what is?

I do not make a habit of feeding others points to them as it is an asinine endeavor. You said fraud is not the issue. Then enlighten us as to what you think it is.

I am just not going to feed you your own talking points so you can hide behind more bullshit claims of not saying this or that or such not being the point. A point, I reiterate, you seem unwilling to make your damn self.

It is interesting that you claim I am missing something that you are unwilling to utter yourself. Astoundingly asinine.

Again....

I didnt have a point,, just pointing out that fraud isnt the issue currently in frontt of SCOTUS

There, smart ass.

Then what is?

Again....

I didnt have a point,, just pointing out that fraud isnt the issue currently in frontt of SCOTUS
You should have read the lawsuit from Paxton.

There, smart ass.

Then what is?

Again....

And now we come to the truth and it is not all that surprising.

That is the standard Repub cry. When Biden takes office, for the first time in four years, we will be a majority rules country. If the Electoral College is ever abolished, which I hope it is, the GOP will not have a way of cheating anymore. They will never see the White House again!

Remember when people lost with class?

ELECTION 2000 GORE CONCESSION SPEECH

trump will NEVER do that. He is a coward and a child. He is attempting, as I type, to overthrow this country. And the GOP is helping him!

The SCOTUS case is totally different than any of the other cases so far and has the constitution behind it. I don't expect you to know that, though. To you, a court case is a court case. You probably consider yourself an expert since you've watched over 2 dozen episodes of "Judge Judy."

While I don't know what the SCOTUS will do, this one has the best chance and the thing is, 62 EC votes are at stake. IF the SCOTUS rules in Trumps favor those votes go to Trump and he remains pres.

Of course, the USSC is going to disenfranchise 20,000,000 voters. Are you REALLY that Stupid? This case is as ignorant as all the other cases that trump, trudy and his clowns have lost in court.

Instead of call people names like a special ed. school yard bully that you most likely are, you might want to try to engage in adult level discourse and explain that we are a republic, and what that means, but that we can also be described as a representitive -vs a direct democracy.

Instead of call people names like a special ed. school yard bully that you most likely are, you might want to try to engage in adult level discourse and explain that we are a republic, and what that means, but that we can also be described as a representitive -vs a direct democracy.
I've tried that many times and it didnt work,,,

What’s sad and disturbing is that conservatives, Republicans, and others on the right support Trump’s attack on our democratic institutions.

What’s sad and disturbing is that conservatives, Republicans, and others on the right support Trump’s attack on our democratic institutions.

Right, Democrats are protecting our Democracy by electing a guy whose son is under investigation for taking bribes from our biggest enemy and according to emails, giving a portion of that to Joe, the guy Democrats voted for. LOL...yeah, it is Republicans who are the problem.

That will damage their reputation since the Constitution document itself says it is a Republic.

Do you know the difference? ...
That will damage their reputation since the Constitution document itself says it is a Republic.

Yes.

Minorities would greatly suffer under a pure Democracy since Whites are the dominant voter block, in a Republic set up Minorities can vote for representatives to represent them, that is why there are Hispanics, blacks and minorities in government. Unlikely to happen in a white dominated nation.

I learned the difference in College........, here is a link to read over.

Republic vs. Democracy: What Is the Difference?

LINK

The main difference between a democracy and a republic is the extent to which the people control the process of making laws under each form of government.

Pure DemocracyRepublic
Power Held ByThe population as a wholeIndividual citizens
Making LawsA voting majority has almost unlimited power to make laws. Minorities have few protections from the will of the majority.The people elect representatives to make laws according to the constraints of a constitution.
Ruled ByThe majority.Laws made by elected representatives of the people.
Protection of RightsRights can be overridden by the will of the majority.A constitution protects the rights of all people from the will of the majority.
Early ExamplesAthenian democracy in Greece (500 BCE)The Roman Republic (509 BCE)

The legal process is not an attack on anything.

The asinine hyperbole around this election is tiresome.

Yes.

Minorities would greatly suffer under a pure Democracy since Whites are the dominant voter block, in a Republic set up Minorities can vote for representatives to represent them, that is why there are Hispanics, blacks and minorities in government. Unlikely to happen in a white dominated nation.

LINK

The main difference between a democracy and a republic is the extent to which the people control the process of making laws under each form of government.

Pure DemocracyRepublic
Making LawsA voting majority has almost unlimited power to make laws. Minorities have few protections from the will of the majority.The people elect representatives to make laws according to the constraints of a constitution.
Protection of RightsRights can be overridden by the will of the majority.A constitution protects the rights of all people from the will of the majority.
Early ExamplesAthenian democracy in Greece (500 BCE)The Roman Republic (509 BCE)

More generally ... a republic is a government system by the people ... of which a democracy is a type of republic ... our Federal government is set up as a representative democracy, We the People send one of our own to represent us and cast votes on our behalf ... most States are a mix of representative democracy and straight democracy ... most matters are voted on by our elected representatives, however some matters are sent to the general population to vote on directly ... for example, no state legislature has voted in favor of legalized marijuana, in all the states that have some manner of legality is because of a direct vote of the People ...

You can quibble all you want ... doesn't change the fact that Texas is not harmed by the elections in PA et al ... Texas chooses to send loser EV's ... not PA et al's problem ...

Yes.

LINK

Pure DemocracyRepublic

More generally ... a republic is a government system by the people ... of which a democracy is a type of republic ... our Federal government is set up as a representative democracy, We the People send one of our own to represent us and cast votes on our behalf ... most States are a mix of representative democracy and straight democracy ... most matters are voted on by our elected representatives, however some matters are sent to the general population to vote on directly ... for example, no state legislature has voted in favor of legalized marijuana, in all the states that have some manner of legality is because of a direct vote of the People ...

You can quibble all you want ... doesn't change the fact that Texas is not harmed by the elections in PA et al ... Texas chooses to send loser EV's ... not PA et al's problem ...
[/QUOTE]

I see you have the same problem many have in understanding the crucial difference, the reason for the chart I posted, should have helped you, but alas. You fell back on the SECONDARY definitions, which means contradictions exist.

No where have I supported Texas, as I made clear in a thread, that I am just posting the information on the board from the SCOTUS website, not going to be a sidewalk lawyer or judge.

Forum List

Back