SCOTUS stunners: Trumps legacy lives thru this, regardless of what J6 does

Demoralizing. Thats the best way to describe todays feeling. No matter what the J6 committee does, or if Trump is arrested forever, his legacy is set in stone with the SCOTUS. Abortion rights, gone. Miranda rights, gone. Common sense gun restrictions, gone.

He may get arrested. He may not. But his damage is seemingly generational.

He's a great American.
Belongs on Mt. Rushmore one day!!

Reid used the same trigger.....

The rule in question that allowed the trigger happens to already be an existing senate rule:

1656103593017.png

I wouldn't count on Trump being arrested. Sucks for you this is just the beginning. See ya in 19 weeks. Stealing elections has consequences. America will not be denied.

View attachment 661838
Yeah they really helped out with that Texas case!

Besides I don't think anyone is accusing the courts rulings to be illegal, unconstitutional, or exceeding their authority. Just unpopular.

So what, Dems use every dirty trick in the book to win. Well they got a taste of their own medicine. Fight fire with fire I say.
That's more like it. Why pretend it's a new thing for either side. Tricky Dick wasn't called that for nothing. But at the end of the day the country use to come together no matter which side cheated the best. If we've lost that, and every transfer of power becomes more contentious than the one before, how long can we last without tearing ourselves apart.

That's more like it. Why pretend it's a new thing for either side. Tricky Dick wasn't called that for nothing. But at the end of the day the country use to come together no matter which side cheated the best. If we've lost that, and every transfer of power becomes more contentious than the one before, how long can we last without tearing ourselves apart.
This country will not come together. We fundamentally disagree with the Dem/Left world view and are fed up with their shit. The fight is on, no compromise. You can't make a deal with Dems they LIE and scheme and never intend to hold up their end the weasels.

Demoralizing. Thats the best way to describe todays feeling. No matter what the J6 committee does, or if Trump is arrested forever, his legacy is set in stone with the SCOTUS. Abortion rights, gone. Miranda rights, gone. Common sense gun restrictions, gone.

Miranda Rights? How so?

J6? Rings a bell.

Repeating post #78

To clarify, Reid set the precedent for invoking the nuclear option on judicial appointments. That merely paved the way for McConnell to remove the exception Reid left in place in 2013. Reid knew exactly where this was going, and knew someone like McConnell would come along to add Supreme Court Justices to the rule. Once you delve into the intent of the rule the end goal becomes apparent. Had Democrats remained in power past 2014, that's precisely where Reid would have gone. He passed the point of no return.

Had Reid left the senate rules alone in the first place, it would not have encouraged the other party's majority leader to change them again. Ultimately, my assertion that Reid is to blame for this still stands.

This country will not come together. We fundamentally disagree with the Dem/Left world view and are fed up with their shit. The fight is on, no compromise. You can't make a deal with Dems they LIE and scheme and never intend to hold up their end the weasels.
Exactly my point. The Neo-GOP is off the rails with absurd accusations and phony zero compromise position for the rubes.

(PS I can't help but notice Boo laughing at plainly posted facts. Oh well. I don't fancy myself as one able to cure the insatiable ignorance of others)
"triggered a rules change" meaning the rules change was already in place for him to trigger.

Was that the rule change or was that the rule they suspended?

Anyway it was just a giggle, sorry.

Yes. President Trump did more more harm to the Marxist agenda than anyone could imagine. Great legacy for a one-term President.

You're serious, right?

The post you laughed at. Read how a nuclear option is invoked and get back to me, or don't. This conversation, regardless of who's right or wrong, is irrelevant to the subject matter of this thread.
You're the one who told me to protest at Reid's grave site for what McConnell did in when he triggered the option.

Enjoy dinner. I get tacos.

You're the one who told me to protest at Reid's grave site for what McConnell did in when he triggered the option.

Enjoy dinner. I get tacos.

Of course, I did. Because he (Reid) initiated the precedent for invoking nuclear options regarding judicial appointments. It was only natural that any majority leader in the Republican party after him would take it a step further.

You have Reid to blame and Reid only. If you thought his rule change would stop at Supreme Court justices, then you were woefully ignorant of the end goal. I just don't think Democrats intended for Republicans to take the last step they envisioned taking themselves. As you can see, it backfired.

By the way, my grandmother taught me how to make one hell of a chicken goulash. I wish I could send you some. It's absolutely delicious.

Forum List

Back