SCOTUS stunners: Trumps legacy lives thru this, regardless of what J6 does

I suggest you go picket Harry Reid's

A Pavlovian response to when McConnell is called out for what he did. It's an instinct to the Groomed Neo-GOP. Harry did it. It's all his fault!

Yes. Your post certainly is proof
Ah the old classic. Nuh-uh....U R.

Worthless Negro

two dumbass bitches

Hahaha don't hold back now. A super majority of 2/3rds is a high mark. Sotomayor would have made it but not Kagen.

Demoralizing. Thats the best way to describe todays feeling. No matter what the J6 committee does, or if Trump is arrested forever, his legacy is set in stone with the SCOTUS. Abortion rights, gone. Miranda rights, gone. Common sense gun restrictions, gone.

He may get arrested. He may not. But his damage is seemingly generational.

You people have poisoned the political landscape with your violence, racism, oppression, and hostility towards our civil rights. Did you really think there wouldn't be a reaction?

A Pavlovian response to when McConnell is called out for what he did. It's an instinct to the Groomed Neo-GOP. Harry did it. It's all his fault!

Ah the old classic. Nuh-uh....U R.

Hahaha don't hold back now. A super majority of 2/3rds is a high mark. Sotomayor would have made it but not Kagen.
I suspect that if the cut was 2/3rds more would have voted against Sotomayor and she would not have been confirmed.

Once the Senators know that the count is going to be over 50% I doubt they really care.

Your proposal has some merit for the future but why stop there?

I would love to see a requirement that any bill that increases taxes or the debt has to pass by 100% of both the House and Senate.

You people have poisoned the political landscape with your violence, racism, oppression, and hostility towards our civil rights. Did you really think there wouldn't be a reaction?
It's going to be a whopper of a reaction, too

Americans are PISSED right now. I know, I talk to them every day

Democrats are in trouble. Lefties are on the hairy edge of payback.

A Pavlovian response to a statement of fact. You have your own party to blame for setting this precedent, now own up to it.
Who changed the Senate Rule to allow Supreme Court Justices to be confirmed by a simple majority vote and not have to meet the 60 vote threshold?

What is your initial reaction to the above question.

If Harry Reid was first to pop into your mind, you've been "groomed". Seek deprogramming help.

Who changed the Senate Rule to allow Supreme Court Justices to be confirmed by a simple majority vote and not have to meet the 60 vote threshold?

What is your initial reaction to the above question.

If Harry Reid was first to pop into your mind, you've been "groomed". Seek deprogramming help.
Let me lay this out for you, dumbass.

In 2013 the Senate, under the hand of then majority leader Harry Reid, invoked the nuclear option regarding judicial appointees.

1656084370098.png

Let me lay this out for you, dumbass.

In 2013 the Senate, under the hand of then majority leader Harry Reid, invoked the nuclear option regarding judicial appointees.

View attachment 661732
Thank you for proving my point. The rule change in 2013 did not include Supreme Court nominees did it? Mitch McConnell did that because the nominee was not going to be able to overcome the 60 vote threshold. Reid wasn't even in the Senate when McConnell and the Republicans made that change. Democrat had block if for a number of hours too. Unless McConnell blocking even a hearing for almost a year for Obama pick to replace Scalia.

The rule change in 2013 did not include Supreme Court nominees did it?
Repeat after me:

Judicial. Appointments. Include. The. Supreme. Court.

1656086798489.png

You really are bad at this aren't you? The rule change was made with full knowledge that supreme court justices were included in the nomination process.

Now I have better things to do than to play teacher.

Good day.

Repeat after me:

Judicial. Appointments. Include. The. Supreme. Court.

View attachment 661740

You really are bad at this aren't you? The rule change was made with full knowledge that supreme court justices were included in the nomination process.

Now I have better things to do than to play teacher.

Good day.

If that were truly the case, McConnell would never have had to pass the rule change effecting the Supreme Court Justices during the debate to pass the nomination.

Last edited:
Demoralizing. Thats the best way to describe todays feeling. No matter what the J6 committee does, or if Trump is arrested forever, his legacy is set in stone with the SCOTUS. Abortion rights, gone. Miranda rights, gone. Common sense gun restrictions, gone.

He may get arrested. He may not. But his damage is seemingly generational.
Yeah flood the country with guns and single parent families. What a legacy.

It was over before it started. The facts of the matter were never in doubt.

"Last April, McConnell triggered a rules change, clearing the way for Gorsuch to be confirmed with a simple majority."
"triggered a rules change" meaning the rules change was already in place for him to trigger. You obviously don't pay any attention to the language in the things you're citing with such glee.

And yes, the facts were never in doubt for me. You can't trigger a rule that hasn't been written yet. Now if you will excuse me, this will be my last response to you on the subject.

To clarify, Reid set the precedent for invoking the nuclear option on judicial appointments. That merely paved the way for McConnell to remove the exception Reid left in place in 2013. Reid knew exactly where this was going, and knew someone like McConnell would come along to add Supreme Court Justices to the rule. Once you delve into the intent of the rule the end goal becomes apparent. Had Democrats remained in power past 2014, that's precisely where Reid would have gone. He passed the point of no return.

Had Reid left the senate rules alone in the first place, it would not have encouraged the other party's majority leader to change them again. Ultimately, my assertion that Reid is to blame for this still stands.

Last edited:
"triggered a rules change" meaning the rules change was already in place for him to trigger. You obviously don't pay any attention to the language in the things you're citing with such glee.

And yes, the facts were never in doubt for me. You can't trigger a rule that hasn't been written yet. Now if you will excuse me, this will be my last response to you on the subject.
That was in reference to the parliamentary procedure he used to bring up the vote to suspend the Cloture rule. No need to pre-write a motion.

"McConnell made a point of order that ending debate on the nomination only requires a simple majority. The motion was not sustained by the chair because Senate rules required 60 votes, so McConnell then made a motion to overturn that ruling. And once that motion passed on a party-line vote, the Gorsuch nomination only needed 51 votes to clear the hurdle."

Reid used the same trigger.....

I wouldn't count on Trump being arrested. Sucks for you this is just the beginning. See ya in 19 weeks. Stealing elections has consequences. America will not be denied.

Screen Shot 2022-06-24 at 2.31.10 PM.png

Forum List

Back