School Crossword’s Definition of ‘Conservatism’ Outrages Mom!

School boards are very conservative here. The teachers.....being highly educated....trend liberal, of course. But he assholes on the school board are certified nutters.

Evidently, you are unacquainted with the curriculum of schools of education.

Highly educated, my ass.

In fact, teachers are a running joke among real scholars.

I simply cannot understand why this country isn't educationally up to places like South Korea and Germany.

:eusa_whistle:

Actually, I do. All these RWrs telling us what's wrong with education but can't be bothered to step up and become teachers themselves....and solve those problems.

what you crazy? they dont pay enough money lol and of course you have the seniority issue, liberal teachers hate con teachers.

Just more examples of the brain washing of our children by the Liberals who run the schools.

Schools were constitutionally a responsibility of state governments and still are. State governments in turn allowed local communities to run the local schools. Most school districts have an elected board of education in charge and I doubt that all elected school district boards of education are liberal, in fact, I would suspect many are conservative.

The federal government has insinuated itself into the process via incentives to receive funding. Ever since, educational standards have steadily declined.

Note the incentive fiasco in Atlanta.

School boards are very conservative here. The teachers.....being highly educated....trend liberal, of course. But he assholes on the school board are certified nutters.

Highly educated, my ass.

You are a tool. All a teacher needs, in reality, is knowledge that exceeds that of his or her students....and the ability to pass on that knowledge. They must meet certain criteria in order to get certified and they must demonstrate said knowledge on a continual basis.

Underpaid and overworked. And having to deal with nitwits like you who think they know better.

I simply cannot understand why this country isn't educationally up to places like South Korea and Germany.

Actually, I do. All these RWrs telling us what's wrong with education but can't be bothered to step up and become teachers themselves....and solve those problems.

what you crazy? they dont pay enough money lol and of course you have the seniority issue, liberal teachers hate con teachers.

Teachers have been stripped of any power to make changes. They are paid to shut up and teach whatever curriculum is provided. Teachers cannot change anything.

Last edited:
Poor innocent nutters! You'd never, ever express hatred toward the left! You are all such sweet, kind, tolerant people!

to an adult no problem, but with kids? whats so hard to teach them how to think, not what to think.

Highly educated, my ass.

You are a tool. All a teacher needs, in reality, is knowledge that exceeds that of his or her students....and the ability to pass on that knowledge. They must meet certain criteria in order to get certified and they must demonstrate said knowledge on a continual basis.

Underpaid and overworked. And having to deal with nitwits like you who think they know better.

So someone who's dumber than a 5th grader is qualified to teach the 4th grade.

Good thinking.

...and we wonder why our schools are failing.

In reality, schools of education attract the dregs of academia, those who couldn't possibly handle the rigors of a degree in the arts or sciences. Schools of business aren't far behind. After all, you only need to function at the first grade level to be a kindergarten teacher, right?

ALL Conservatives are liars, cheat on their taxes and engage in despicable sex acts. I know this because my wife's sister's neighbor worked at the coffee shop where one of the writer's for Fox Insider would come for his morning coffee (and she said would slip brandy and sugar into the cup) and he told Annie, the counter person, that Sean Hannity said so.

For conservatives the ‘solution’ to education issues is to do away with public schools altogether, and return to a time when education was the purview of those who could afford it.

For conservatives, the quality of one’s education should be predicated on family income: the wealthy will be educated, the poor, not.

The evidence of this is the right’s advocacy of ‘home schooling,’ virtually impossible for middle and low income families where both parents must work, ‘charter schools,’ an example of rightist hypocrisy where public funds are used to fund private schools, and policies and measure by conservative lawmakers to defund public schools perceived to be ‘under-performing,’ where the ‘poor performance’ is the direct consequence of that diminished funding.

The truth is the public schools have declined to a point that children are better off exploring on their own. It only takes about an hour a day to home school your children, by the way.

The rich avoid public schools like the plague and pay large sums to universities that use the Socratic method. Since people pay taxes for public schools whether their children attend them or not, do you think it's right for them to be forced to pay for a 4th-rate education for the children of other people?

How do you justify that?

Highly educated, my ass.

Good thinking.

In reality, schools of education attract the dregs of academia, those who couldn't possibly handle the rigors of a degree in the arts or sciences. Schools of business aren't far behind. After all, you only need to function at the first grade level to be a kindergarten teacher, right?

You are fun....for a nutter.

If you wish to be a teacher of Social Studies, you need a degree in "the arts" AND teacher certification. Same if you want to be a Biology teacher. You need a degree in Biology PLUS teacher certification.

Where are you getting your info?

Good thinking.

If you wish to be a teacher of Social Studies, you need a degree in "the arts" AND teacher certification. Same if you want to be a Biology teacher. You need a degree in Biology PLUS teacher certification.

No, you need 30 hours in your specialty and the rest are cake courses in the department of education. There are no foreign language requirements, there are no hard science requirements, there are no math requirements.

A degree from a school of Arts and Sciences will require those things as a minimum for graduation. Students who cannot survive those rigors run to the school of education, or, if they are a touch brighter, to the school of business.

I get my info from experience because I am a licensed teacher who has taught in the public schools. I also have a couple of real degrees.

Where do you get yours, from bathroom walls?

You have no idea what you are talking about. What did you major in, storm door hanging?

You are woefully uninformed.

Teachers are the very bottom rung of academia. Schools of education are a joke.

Good thinking.

No, you need 30 hours in your specialty and the rest are cake courses in the department of education. There are no foreign language requirements, there are no hard science requirements, there are no math requirements.

A degree from a school of Arts and Sciences will require those things as a minimum for graduation. Students who cannot survive those rigors run to the school of education, or, if they are a touch brighter, to the school of business.

I get my info from experience because I am a licensed teacher who has taught in the public schools. I also have a couple of real degrees.

You have no idea what you are talking about. What did you major in, storm door hanging?

I also have a "real" degree and I was once certified to teach in the state of New York. I have taught public school......in a VERY wealthy suburb of NYC as well as in Japan. You speak bullshit. Teachers get "real" degrees......just like you did. Asshole.

I am guessing that you just sucked at teaching. Thus.....your disdain for your colleagues who could handle the job.

Not if they continue as students in the public school system.

Mine have done just fine. My daughter's current US Government teacher is a card-carrying nutter. I welcome that. She should hear all points of view.

Well you are on the same agenda as Obama and they are brain washing your children the way you want . Bashing the conservative way of life instead of telling the truth about both sides

I'm pretty sure when he says, "nutter" he means one like you.

:)

I also have a "real" degree and I was once certified to teach in the state of New York. I have taught public school......in a VERY wealthy suburb of NYC as well as in Japan. You speak bullshit. Teachers get "real" degrees......just like you did. Asshole.

I am guessing that you just sucked at teaching. Thus.....your disdain for your colleagues who could handle the job.

NYC and Japan......?

could we get any more liberal.....? :rolleyes:

No, they don't. They get degrees from the department of education --- more than likely where you got yours, moron.

You've already shown the stupidity endemic to teachers in general -- all you have to do is know a little more than the kids, right? Adoloscent psychcology is a real course, right? Classroom discipline is a real course, right?

I'm guessing that you are a community college hanger-on with a degree best used for toilet paper.

No one with ability will waste his time teaching in the public schools. They are an academic wasteland.

I used to make a little extra cash as an undergrad editing "doctoral" theses for Ed. D's.

Most of 'em can't write a lick.

I expect you taught ESL classes in Japan.

No, they don't. They get degrees from the department of education --- more than likely where you got yours, moron.

You've already shown the stupidity endemic to teachers in general -- all you have to do is know a little more than the kids, right? Adoloscent psychcology is a real course, right? Classroom discipline is a real course, right?

I'm guessing that you are a community college hanger-on with a degree best used for toilet paper.

No one with ability will waste his time teaching in the public schools. They are an academic wasteland.

I used to make a little extra cash as an undergrad editing "doctoral" theses for Ed. D's.

Most of 'em can't write a lick.

I expect you taught ESL classes in Japan.

I'm sorry.....are you now telling me that I don't know where my degree came from? You must have some HUGE balls.

You had a hard time with those gut courses....didn't you?

If they were so smart, you would think they would come up with better crossword definitions instead of making up shit.

I have dealt with teachers for years in business, they really aren't to bright.

If they were so smart, you would think they would come up with better crossword definitions instead of making up shit.

You are uninformed. The teacher did not make up the definition. It was in prepared material....approved by the school.

And...you meant to say "too" bright.

As if YOU are equipped to judge "brightness".

You are uninformed. The teacher did not make up the definition. It was in prepared material....approved by the school.

And...you meant to say "too" bright.

As if YOU are equipped to judge "brightness".

Yeah, well if you dealt with them as much as I have, you'd learn real quick, to talk slow and use simple English, otherwise they are pretty clueless.

Forum List

Back