School Crossword’s Definition of ‘Conservatism’ Outrages Mom!

"Win debates"? I have no interest in "winning" debates here. There is no scoreboard, so a "win" is subjective and irrelevant. I have noticed that many of you like to taunt others by saying you somehow "won" a debate, which really doesn't make much sense to me. Plus, I just don't care enough.

"Authority"? I'm not an "authority", as if a person can have a Masters in What Happens in Schools or something. My opinion is based on a great deal of evidence and observation, both from inside my own home (with my kids) and clear, obvious and demonstrable examples from pretty much all over.

"Prove to me"? That's entirely impossible, since (as I've already mentioned) there is no amount of evidence that will make you admit something is true. You will simply say "that's not good enough". WJ has provided evidence and you have dismissed it all, just as I said you would. You're not going to admit it, no matter what, so burning effort on this would be an abject waste of time. And candidly, it's a little insulting that you think I would fall for this. Yet, you continue to play this game with me.

And this is a vivid example of why I don't get too deeply involved in debates with partisan ideologues. It's simply not an intellectually honest discussion, since you can simply deny anything. To pretend this isn't happening from grade school through (and especially) college, holy crap, is either extreme denial or some kind of game.

Not my thing.

there is no amount of evidence that will make you admit something is true. You will simply say "that's not good enough".

Bullshit.

Indoctrination does not happen in college. College age students are independent thinkers. You said they start them young....and now you say indoctrination happens ESPECIALLY in college.

Just bullshit.

This shows how dishonest you are

Tamra Varebrook’s 8th-grade daughter came home recently with an assignment on liberalism versus conservatism that shocked and angered her because of how it characterized one of the political ideologies.
It's not about college aged students.

Jackass...I was responding to what was claimed. You should pay attention.

"Win debates"? I have no interest in "winning" debates here. There is no scoreboard, so a "win" is subjective and irrelevant. I have noticed that many of you like to taunt others by saying you somehow "won" a debate, which really doesn't make much sense to me. Plus, I just don't care enough.

"Authority"? I'm not an "authority", as if a person can have a Masters in What Happens in Schools or something. My opinion is based on a great deal of evidence and observation, both from inside my own home (with my kids) and clear, obvious and demonstrable examples from pretty much all over.

"Prove to me"? That's entirely impossible, since (as I've already mentioned) there is no amount of evidence that will make you admit something is true. You will simply say "that's not good enough". WJ has provided evidence and you have dismissed it all, just as I said you would. You're not going to admit it, no matter what, so burning effort on this would be an abject waste of time. And candidly, it's a little insulting that you think I would fall for this. Yet, you continue to play this game with me.

And this is a vivid example of why I don't get too deeply involved in debates with partisan ideologues. It's simply not an intellectually honest discussion, since you can simply deny anything. To pretend this isn't happening from grade school through (and especially) college, holy crap, is either extreme denial or some kind of game.

Not my thing.

Thing is, I could go on for hours posting these examples. They are all over youtube and the net, and it's happening in public schools all over this country......LL sees it, but he will NEVER admit to what's going on.

Oh well, our daughters are in private school, actually getting a solid education.....Unlike so many of their friends who are wallowing in mediocrity while attending public school.....The difference is night and day.

I will never admit what? That the are some teachers out there who have strong opinions and express these opinions in classrooms?

I admit that. What I do not accept...and what you have not proven...is that ther is some kind of planned indoctrination of students taking place in our public schools....and that it is all leaning left.

That is the second time that you mentioned the wonderful education that your kids are getting in their private school. Do you think the teachers there are not expressing their opinions in class? My daughter has an ultra conservative US Government teacher right now. Is she being indoctrinated?

There is no way that your kids are better educated than mine....and they have gone and go to public schools. The difference is not night and day. Your daughters probably have stupid friends. You might want to get more involved with who they are hanging around with.
Noooooo, our kids teachers are not throwing their opinions out there, because they would never get away with it......One thing we have, is the ability to tune into the classroom cameras, through our computers, anytime we please....We know exactly what is going on, at any given time......They are being EDUCATED, not preached too with idealogical bullshit, that is becoming more and more prevelant in this nations lousy public schools system.....As the examples I have provided, and will continue to provide, clearly shows.

And, our daughters friends are good kids.....They're simply wallowing in mediocrity education wise, as they are beholden to a lousy public school system.

Thing is, I could go on for hours posting these examples. They are all over youtube and the net, and it's happening in public schools all over this country......LL sees it, but he will NEVER admit to what's going on.

Oh well, our daughters are in private school, actually getting a solid education.....Unlike so many of their friends who are wallowing in mediocrity while attending public school.....The difference is night and day.

I will never admit what? That the are some teachers out there who have strong opinions and express these opinions in classrooms?

I admit that. What I do not accept...and what you have not proven...is that ther is some kind of planned indoctrination of students taking place in our public schools....and that it is all leaning left.

That is the second time that you mentioned the wonderful education that your kids are getting in their private school. Do you think the teachers there are not expressing their opinions in class? My daughter has an ultra conservative US Government teacher right now. Is she being indoctrinated?

There is no way that your kids are better educated than mine....and they have gone and go to public schools. The difference is not night and day. Your daughters probably have stupid friends. You might want to get more involved with who they are hanging around with.
Noooooo, our kids teachers are not throwing their opinions out there, because they would never get away with it......One thing we have, is the ability to tune into the classroom cameras, through our computers, anytime we please....We know exactly what is going on, at any given time......They are being EDUCATED, not preached too with idealogical bullshit, that is becoming more and more prevelant in this nations lousy public schools system.....As the examples I have provided, and will continue to provide, clearly shows.

And, our daughters friends are good kids.....They're simply wallowing in mediocrity education wise, as they are beholden to a lousy public school system.

"becoming more and more prevelant" is an interesting phrase. when are you going to start proving it. Your examples are you-tube videos........they don't prove the claim.

What is the primary difference, in your opinion, between public schools and your private school? What makes your kid's education so wonderful?

there is no amount of evidence that will make you admit something is true. You will simply say "that's not good enough".

Bullshit.

Indoctrination does not happen in college. College age students are independent thinkers. You said they start them young....and now you say indoctrination happens ESPECIALLY in college.

Just bullshit.

This shows how dishonest you are

Tamra Varebrook’s 8th-grade daughter came home recently with an assignment on liberalism versus conservatism that shocked and angered her because of how it characterized one of the political ideologies.
It's not about college aged students.

Jackass...I was responding to what was claimed. You should pay attention.

dumb ass it's not about college aged students. Stick with the OT. Stop being a dishonest hack.

dumb ass it's not about college aged students. Stick with the OT. Stop being a dishonest hack.

Please tell me who first brought up college kids.

Thanks.

I don't give a fuck nor do I care take your pick the OT is about the eight grade.

You don't care? Why not? You are accusing me of bringing up college kids out of some kind of dishonesty. I did not bring them up. I responded to another person who brought them up.

Are you feeling OK?

Why is everyone bitching about teachers in this? Teachers didn't create and mass produce the crossword, some private education company did.

True but someone in the education system didn't catch it or, being in agreement with this brand of ignorance, gave it a pass.
From a psychological and sociological stand point it's well documented that the best way to change hearts and minds is to start in the schools. We've used that technique over the decades to teach racism and homophobia is bad, the positive aspects of what some would call indoctrination. Given that it can also be used by a few to try and instil biased paradigms one step at a time.
It's not unusual that some here would demean and discount the detractors, conversely its not surprising that some would consider this part of a vast conspiracy to teach our children lies. I suspect, in this case, it's simply a very small group of people who are attempting instil their ignorant bias utilizing the one step at a time approach and not some gigantic organized liberal conspiracy.

i will never admit what? That the are some teachers out there who have strong opinions and express these opinions in classrooms?

I admit that. What i do not accept...and what you have not proven...is that ther is some kind of planned indoctrination of students taking place in our public schools....and that it is all leaning left.

That is the second time that you mentioned the wonderful education that your kids are getting in their private school. Do you think the teachers there are not expressing their opinions in class? My daughter has an ultra conservative us government teacher right now. Is she being indoctrinated?

noooooo, our kids teachers are not throwing their opinions out there, because they would never get away with it......one thing we have, is the ability to tune into the classroom cameras, through our computers, anytime we please....we know exactly what is going on, at any given time......they are being educated, not preached too with idealogical bullshit, that is becoming more and more prevelant in this nations lousy public schools system.....as the examples i have provided, and will continue to provide, clearly shows.

And, our daughters friends are good kids.....they're simply wallowing in mediocrity education wise, as they are beholden to a lousy public school system.

"becoming more and more prevelant" is an interesting phrase. When are you going to start proving it. Your examples are you-tube videos........they don't prove the claim.

What is the primary difference, in your opinion, between public schools and your private school? What makes your kid's education so wonderful?

fyi...

#1 all 50 u.s. States are now constructing federally-mandated databases that will track the behavior and performance of all public school students in america throughout their entire school careers. According to the new york post, the obama administration wants to use the information that is gathered for a wide array of purposes….

The administration wants this data to include much more than name, address and test scores. According to the National Data Collection Model, the government should collect information on health-care history, family income and family voting status. In its view, public schools offer a golden opportunity to mine reams of data from a captive audience.

#2 all over america, school children are being immersed in the radical green agenda. In fact, in many areas of the country children are actively trained to watch how their parents behave and to correct them when they are being “environmentally unfriendly”. The following is from a recent new york times article about this phenomenon….

#3 one 13-year-old student down in new mexico was recently handcuffed and forcibly removed from a classroom just because he burped in class. In all, over 200 students in bernalillo county “have been handcuffed and arrested in the last three years for non-violent misdemeanors”.

#4 all over america, students are being taught that the first amendment does not apply in public schools. Expressions of free speech in school are often cracked down upon very hard. For example, one group of high school athletes was recently suspended for “tebowing” in the hallways of their school.

#5 many public school sex education classes have totally crossed the line. Instead of just “educating” children about sex, many sex ed courses are now “indoctrinating” children about sex. One recent example of this was detailed in the new york times….

#6 sadly, this “sexual indoctrination” appears to be working. According to one recent study, sexual conduct between teen girls in the united states is now at the highest level ever recorded.

#7 putting kids in jail has become standard operating procedure in the united states. Today, nearly one-third of all americans are arrested by police by the time they reach the age of 23. At this point, the united states has the highest incarceration rate in the world and the largest total prison population on the entire globe, and yet our society just continues to become more unstable.

#8 in some u.s. Schools, rfid chips are now being used to monitor the attendance and movements of children while they are at school. The following is how one article recently described a program that has just been instituted at a preschool in california….

Upon arriving in the morning, according to the Associated Press, each student at the CCC-George Miller preschool will don a jersey with a stitched in RFID chip. As the kids go about the business of learning, sensors in the school will record their movements, collecting attendance for both classes and meals. Officials from the school have claimed they’re only recording information they’re required to provide while receiving federal funds for their Headstart program.

#9 increasingly, incidents of misbehavior at many u.s. Schools are being treated as very serious crimes. For example, when a little girl kissed a little boy at one florida elementary school recently, it was considered to be a “possible sex crime” and the police were called out.

#10 even 5-year-old children are now being handcuffed and arrested by police in public schools. The following is from a recent article that described what happened to one very young student in stockton, california earlier this year….

earlier this year, a stockton student was handcuffed with zip ties on his hands and feet, forced to go to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation and was charged with battery on a police officer. That student was 5 years old.

continued...
28 Signs That U.S. Public Schools Are Rapidly Being Turned Into Indoctrination Centers And Prison Camps

Last edited:
noooooo, our kids teachers are not throwing their opinions out there, because they would never get away with it......one thing we have, is the ability to tune into the classroom cameras, through our computers, anytime we please....we know exactly what is going on, at any given time......they are being educated, not preached too with idealogical bullshit, that is becoming more and more prevelant in this nations lousy public schools system.....as the examples i have provided, and will continue to provide, clearly shows.

And, our daughters friends are good kids.....they're simply wallowing in mediocrity education wise, as they are beholden to a lousy public school system.

"becoming more and more prevelant" is an interesting phrase. When are you going to start proving it. Your examples are you-tube videos........they don't prove the claim.

fyi...

#1 all 50 u.s. States are now constructing federally-mandated databases that will track the behavior and performance of all public school students in america throughout their entire school careers. According to the new york post, the obama administration wants to use the information that is gathered for a wide array of purposes….

The administration wants this data to include much more than name, address and test scores. According to the National Data Collection Model, the government should collect information on health-care history, family income and family voting status. In its view, public schools offer a golden opportunity to mine reams of data from a captive audience.

#2 all over america, school children are being immersed in the radical green agenda. In fact, in many areas of the country children are actively trained to watch how their parents behave and to correct them when they are being “environmentally unfriendly”. The following is from a recent new york times article about this phenomenon….

#3 one 13-year-old student down in new mexico was recently handcuffed and forcibly removed from a classroom just because he burped in class. In all, over 200 students in bernalillo county “have been handcuffed and arrested in the last three years for non-violent misdemeanors”.

#4 all over america, students are being taught that the first amendment does not apply in public schools. Expressions of free speech in school are often cracked down upon very hard. For example, one group of high school athletes was recently suspended for “tebowing” in the hallways of their school.

#5 many public school sex education classes have totally crossed the line. Instead of just “educating” children about sex, many sex ed courses are now “indoctrinating” children about sex. One recent example of this was detailed in the new york times….

#6 sadly, this “sexual indoctrination” appears to be working. According to one recent study, sexual conduct between teen girls in the united states is now at the highest level ever recorded.

#7 putting kids in jail has become standard operating procedure in the united states. Today, nearly one-third of all americans are arrested by police by the time they reach the age of 23. At this point, the united states has the highest incarceration rate in the world and the largest total prison population on the entire globe, and yet our society just continues to become more unstable.

#8 in some u.s. Schools, rfid chips are now being used to monitor the attendance and movements of children while they are at school. The following is how one article recently described a program that has just been instituted at a preschool in california….

Upon arriving in the morning, according to the Associated Press, each student at the CCC-George Miller preschool will don a jersey with a stitched in RFID chip. As the kids go about the business of learning, sensors in the school will record their movements, collecting attendance for both classes and meals. Officials from the school have claimed they’re only recording information they’re required to provide while receiving federal funds for their Headstart program.

#9 increasingly, incidents of misbehavior at many u.s. Schools are being treated as very serious crimes. For example, when a little girl kissed a little boy at one florida elementary school recently, it was considered to be a “possible sex crime” and the police were called out.

#10 even 5-year-old children are now being handcuffed and arrested by police in public schools. The following is from a recent article that described what happened to one very young student in stockton, california earlier this year….

earlier this year, a stockton student was handcuffed with zip ties on his hands and feet, forced to go to the hospital for a psychiatric evaluation and was charged with battery on a police officer. That student was 5 years old.

continued...
28 Signs That U.S. Public Schools Are Rapidly Being Turned Into Indoctrination Centers And Prison Camps

As written by................wait for it...........Michael! Michael says it........it is evidence!

fyi...

continued...

I didn't think nothing about it at the time, but come too think of it my middle son came home when he was in the eight grade and told me I should stop running water when I wasn't using it like shaving or brushing my teeth. I told him when he pays the bills he can do what he wants too do. Until then I'll use as much water as I want to. He got that from his teacher.

fyi...

continued...

As written by................wait for it...........Michael! Michael says it........it is evidence!

i guess you decided to ignore all the news SOURCES......like the New York Post, the New York Times, etc....real intelligent......:clap2:

'Michael' just pulled it all together....

School Crossword?s Definition of ?Conservatism? Outrages Mom! | Fox News Insider

“I looked at it, and reading the description of ‘conservatism’ being that we are the party that wants to restrict all personal freedoms struck me as pretty much incorrect,” she said.

I would be pissed too

why?

woman's rights check
gay rights check
minority rights check
voter suppression check
I think that about covers it. Check.

Are you saying liberals change party's at a drop of a hat?

School Crossword?s Definition of ?Conservatism? Outrages Mom! | Fox News Insider

“I looked at it, and reading the description of ‘conservatism’ being that we are the party that wants to restrict all personal freedoms struck me as pretty much incorrect,” she said.

I would be pissed too

why?

woman's rights check
gay rights check
minority rights check
voter suppression check
I think that about covers it. Check.

True.

The definition is consistent with the totalitarian nature of conservatism, where dissent and diversity are not tolerated. To impose conformity and resist societal changes, conservatives seek to restrict personal freedoms and individual liberty, where same-sex couples are denied their equal protection rights, or women denied their right to privacy.

Conservatives attempt to promote conformity by attacking artists who are ‘anti-Christian,’ attacking schools that teach ‘liberalism,’ and attacking ‘the media’ as being ‘biased.’

Conservative opposition to immigration reform and due process for immigrants is predicated on fears of a ‘changing culture’ they seek to resist, just as the right’s attempt to suppress the minority vote is an attempt to retain a perceived political and economic advantage.

Forum List

Back