School Crossword’s Definition of ‘Conservatism’ Outrages Mom!

Well gosh this is worthy of national news....

...for fox viewers

Had it been a liberal complaining of some daffynition of "liberalism" that suggested that "liberalism" is the political belief that cherishes government nanny-state control over the lives and choices of citizens, MSLSD, CNN, ABC, See B.S. and NBC would have been on it like white on rice, you babbling hypocrite.

i guess you decided to ignore all the news SOURCES......like the New York Post, the New York Times, etc....real intelligent......:clap2:

'Michael' just pulled it all together....

Who gave it the title?

you're simply an idiot writhing in denial.....

Denial of what? You posted a piece written by Michael suggesting that there are 28 ways that our schools are becoming PRISON CAMPS!!!!

You idiot man. The website you found Michael on is a nutjob fright site. You are like a kid who watches scary movies......even though he can't handle them.

In fact, teachers are a running joke among real scholars.

I simply cannot understand why this country isn't educationally up to places like South Korea and Germany.

:eusa_whistle:

Actually, I do. All these RWrs telling us what's wrong with education but can't be bothered to step up and become teachers themselves....and solve those problems.

Last edited:

I simply cannot understand why this country isn't educationally up to places like South Korea and Germany.

Actually, I do. All these RWrs telling us what's wrong with education but can't be bothered to step up and become teachers themselves....and solve those problems.

For conservatives the ‘solution’ to education issues is to do away with public schools altogether, and return to a time when education was the purview of those who could afford it.

For conservatives, the quality of one’s education should be predicated on family income: the wealthy will be educated, the poor, not.

The evidence of this is the right’s advocacy of ‘home schooling,’ virtually impossible for middle and low income families where both parents must work, ‘charter schools,’ an example of rightist hypocrisy where public funds are used to fund private schools, and policies and measure by conservative lawmakers to defund public schools perceived to be ‘under-performing,’ where the ‘poor performance’ is the direct consequence of that diminished funding.

For conservatives the ‘solution’ to education issues is to do away with public schools altogether, and return to a time when education was the purview of those who could afford it.
For conservatives, the quality of one’s education should be predicated on family income: the wealthy will be educated, the poor, not.

The evidence of this is the right’s advocacy of ‘home schooling,’ virtually impossible for middle and low income families where both parents must work, ‘charter schools,’ an example of rightist hypocrisy where public funds are used to fund private schools, and policies and measure by conservative lawmakers to defund public schools perceived to be ‘under-performing,’ where the ‘poor performance’ is the direct consequence of that diminished funding.

Ah. Like they do in Mexico.

You don't understand the method/purpose of FOX News.

They are part of a political movement which agitates poor, under-educated Americans into thinking that their country - its media and political process - has been stolen by an anti-American menace (liberals, gays, illegals, Muslims, welfare cheats, baby killers, etc).

This is the strategy Hitler used when he famously said "the enemy is among us and we must take our nation back."

Every day FOX combs through the garbage looking for any story that can serve its narrative.

Guess what they found today?

[Drum roll. Wait for it] A crossword puzzle.

Last edited:

Well, here are a few crazy ideas for our educational system:
  • Stop worrying about artificially inflating our students' "self esteem"
  • Stop giving our kids medals and awards just for showing up
  • Stop worrying about hurting kids' feelings with bad grades or comments
  • Stop making excuses for students when they don't try hard enough
  • Start having more faith that our kids can rise to the occasion of higher standards
  • Start increasing expectations of our students
  • Start increasing expectations of parents
Then, maybe, we'll stop seeing this, the most worrying thing I've seen in a long time:

Confident Idiots: American Students Growing More Confident, Less Capable

• Start having more faith that our kids can rise to the occasion of higher standards
Then, maybe, we'll stop seeing this, the most worrying thing I've seen in a long time:

The most interesting statements in that study:

And a third variable can influence both self-esteem and the positive outcome.

"Coming from a good family might lead to both high self-esteem and personal success," says Baumeister.

Sweeping generalizations get in the way of meaningful discussion. Your list of suggestions is exactly that.

"Coming from a good family might lead to both high self-esteem and personal success," says Baumeister.

Sweeping generalizations get in the way of meaningful discussion. Your list of suggestions is exactly that.

I'm not a bit surprised that you don't like that list.

And I mentioned parents. That would fall under the category of "family".

I'm not a bit surprised that you don't like that list.

And I mentioned parents. That would fall under the category of "family".

Is it a matter of like or dislike? Not really. I don't buy it as pervasive in our education system. Sure....like the whole indoctrination play, you can find examples of them here and there. But I think you will find just as many examples of real competition and consequences.

I wonder.....outside of your own kid(s).....do you have frequent dealings with young people?

It says "might lead" and not "will lead" but regardless, why is that so hard to believe? A family that loves and empowers kids with the idea that they can be anything they want is the first step to success.

It says "might lead" and not "will lead" but regardless, why is that so hard to believe? A family that loves and empowers kids with the idea that they can be anything they want is the first step to success.

I was referring to Mac's list as the generalizations. The statement I bolded is one that I agree with....and believe. Sorry to have confused you.

vouchers would help concerned poor parents to CHOOSE a good school for their kids so they get a decent education...

vouchers would create competition and the bad schools would be weeded out...thus poor kids would get a better education overall...

however liberals control our public schools via the unions....which is exactly why they hate competition from private schools....

Forum List

Back