Same sex marriage OR RELIGIOUS FREEDOM

I put him on ignore. He's not even reading your post. Trolling you all the way. I'm the best troll to ever hit this site, so I'd know. Take my word for it. He belongs in the flame zone.

Oh Please ... Please don't send him there ... I was beginning to enjoy the place.
Then again .... Maybe that is your plan ... Bastard.

Laughing....you do realize that when you put someone iggy....it only affects you. Right?

I don't actually go anywhere. And I have a bully pulpit from which to dismantle any claims you make. With you having deprived yourself of any possible retort.

Sounds like a win -win to me.

Freedom of religion doesn't mean your religion comes ahead of everyone else's freedoms.

You are free to practice your religion. This doesn't mean that you can ban Islam because you're a Christian and don't believe in Islam. It doesn't mean you can have ritual killings because it's part of your religion.

If a gay person gets married to another person of the same sex, you are still able to worship as you did before. You don't have to agree with same sex marriage. You have to accept it exists though. Just as you have to accept that Islam exists, Judaism exists, Buddhism exists, Scientology exists and atheism exists.

What are you, an idiot? They don't WANT somebody who LIKES them to perform the ceremony, they want somebody who is AGAINST them to be FORCED to marry them. Then when they refuse, they can SUE. Get it?

Has it happened yet? If so, what was the outcome?
Of course it hasn't happened yet, they just ruled on it this morning, airhead.

OK, when has a church ever been forced by government to perform any wedding?
Did you not see my last comment to you?

Yep. I'll ask again and be clearer. When has any church ever been forced by the government to perform ANY wedding that was against their beliefs?
I don't think I could be any clearer. Maybe I should get some crayons and put it in big block letters for you. Go back and read it again, this time real slow, and study it. You might get it.

Freedom of religion doesn't mean your religion comes ahead of everyone else's freedoms.

You are free to practice your religion. This doesn't mean that you can ban Islam because you're a Christian and don't believe in Islam. It doesn't mean you can have ritual killings because it's part of your religion.

If a gay person gets married to another person of the same sex, you are still able to worship as you did before. You don't have to agree with same sex marriage. You have to accept it exists though. Just as you have to accept that Islam exists, Judaism exists, Buddhism exists, Scientology exists and atheism exists.

However - If a religion funny how you left off Christianity but let's say Jewish people refused to marry gays that violates their rights or they will say it does, and sue them, despite knowing they can go elsewhere to get married. Then the SC has to make a choice to favor one over the other. No win situation for freedom.

Laughing....you do realize that when you put someone iggy....it only affects you. Right?

I don't actually go anywhere. And I have a bully pulpit from which to dismantle any claims you make. With you having deprived yourself of any possible retort.

What the fuck are you doing talking to me about the ignore function?

I don't have anyone on ignore ... And it is obvious why you don't go anywhere.
Especially the Flame Zone ... You would get raped and rage quit by the end of the first day down there.

What the fuck are you doing talking to me about the ignore function?

I don't have anyone on ignore ... And it is obvious why you don't go anywhere.
Especially the Flame Zone ... You would get raped and rage quit by the end of the first day down there.

Lol.. I've been there for 6 month and own the place. Just ask them. ;)

Has it happened yet? If so, what was the outcome?

Yep. I'll ask again and be clearer. When has any church ever been forced by the government to perform ANY wedding that was against their beliefs?
I don't think I could be any clearer. Maybe I should get some crayons and put it in big block letters for you. Go back and read it again, this time real slow, and study it. You might get it.

I'm asking you when a church has ever been forced to marry someone for any reason. I'm looking for precedence or whatever way you think this could happen on legal grounds. I just don't see it and I don't think anything like it has ever happened before. You don't have to try to prove your point and without doing so nobody should take you seriously.

However - If a religion funny how you left off Christianity but let's say Jewish people refused to marry gays that violates their rights or they will say it does, and sue them, despite knowing they can go elsewhere to get married. Then the SC has to make a choice to favor one over the other. No win situation for freedom.

I'm confused.

Why would a Christian have to accept that Christianity exists? They probably do, seeing as this is what they believe. So, funny it isn't, it's logic. I think you need to take some time to calm down, your post seems to be anger venting itself.

You talk about freedom. What freedom exactly does a Christian lose when two people of the same sex marry together?

I'm confused.

Why would a Christian have to accept that Christianity exists? They probably do, seeing as this is what they believe. So, funny it isn't, it's logic. I think you need to take some time to calm down, your post seems to be anger venting itself.

You talk about freedom. What freedom exactly does a Christian lose when two people of the same sex marry together?

The freedom to deny what their religion calls sin. That is their protected right that is being threatened.

I'm confused.

I believe he is under the assumption that homosexuals will be forming a line around the corner attempting to get gay married at his church because....????

Lol.. I've been there for 6 month and own the place. Just ask them. ;)

Who are you again ... Never seen you around the Flame Zone ... Bastard! ;)

Oh I'm sorry they call me JR (capital letters) down their. ;) Another name you might know me by or the mods do is King of the Trolls.

All this time I just thought you were Sarah's puppy ;)

Only when we walk down the beach when the sun rises in the morning. ;)

The freedom to deny what their religion calls sin. That is their protected right that is being threatened.

Er... so, how can they not deny this? It's simple? They have the freedom to say they deny this, they have the freedom to think they deny it too.

The Bible says adulterers should be executed. They can deny that adulterers not only don't get executed, but they can also deny that adulterers can get divorced and remarry.

There's plenty in the Bible which is allowed by law and has been for a while which they have the RIGHT to deny if they choose to do so.

Try again.

And now the OP has taken his own thread off topic. Cool, I don't blame him.

Er... so, how can they not deny this? It's simple? They have the freedom to say they deny this, they have the freedom to think they deny it too.

The Bible says adulterers should be executed. They can deny that adulterers not only don't get executed, but they can also deny that adulterers can get divorced and remarry.

There's plenty in the Bible which is allowed by law and has been for a while which they have the RIGHT to deny if they choose to do so.

Try again.

Ignore.

I'm asking you when a church has ever been forced to marry someone for any reason. I'm looking for precedence or whatever way you think this could happen on legal grounds. I just don't see it and I don't think anything like it has ever happened before. You don't have to try to prove your point and without doing so nobody should take you seriously.
Asking me the same question is pointless and answering the same question is pointless so I guess this ridiculous and redundant exchange is pointless. Bye bye.

Forum List

Back