Saky Airbase ( the occupiers 's largest airbases in Crimea.) : Examining the theories behind the explosions

Z bombs.jpg

The range is within ATACMS range, but there are none of those M39 warheads remaining in US inventory. They have all been converted to the M57/M57E1, and use the 500 lb. unitary warhead from the Harpoon.

Since 2004, the US no longer uses exploding submunitions. The warheads on ATACMS are blast/frag warheads, in airburst mode they send out about 1800 tungsten fragments. No explosives. We did this because of the problem of unexploded munitions on the battlefield.

The craters at the airfield are large enough to be from ATACMS, and the way Russians store ammunition this could have been ATACMS, with most of the damage done by the fires and secondaries.

That was my first impression, and I think the most likely. An airburst, whether cluster or fragmentation, does not leave an impact crater.

Ukraine's Tochka-U SRBM's have the range, but they don't have the guidance it takes to place 3 of them so close together.

One of the videos shows 2 simultaneous impacts, which is not something you'd see with Tochka-U, but is possible with HIMARS. The trajectories are adjusted so the missiles land at the same time.

Romania operates M142 and has a small number of M57 ATACMS in inventory, so the US is not the only source for the longer range missiles. South Korea also produces a version under license from Lockheed.

Last edited:
The range is within ATACMS range, but there are none of those M39 warheads remaining in US inventory. They have all been converted to the M57/M57E1, and use the 500 lb. unitary warhead from the Harpoon.

Since 2004, the US no longer uses exploding submunitions. The warheads on ATACMS are blast/frag warheads, in airburst mode they send out about 1800 tungsten fragments. No explosives. We did this because of the problem of unexploded munitions on the battlefield.

The craters at the airfield are large enough to be from ATACMS, and the way Russians store ammunition this could have been ATACMS, with most of the damage done by the fires and secondaries.

That was my first impression, and I think the most likely. An airburst, whether cluster or fragmentation, does not leave an impact crater.

Ukraine's Tochka-U SRBM's have the range, but they don't have the guidance it takes to place 3 of them so close together.

One of the videos shows 2 simultaneous impacts, which is not something you'd see with Tochka-U, but is possible with HIMARS. The trajectories are adjusted so the missiles land at the same time.

Romania operates M142 and has a small number of M57 ATACMS in inventory, so the US is not the only source for the longer range missiles. South Korea also produces a version under license from Lockheed.

its funny, but it feels that pootler( paul II) lives his last days ))) 🤣

Forum List

Back