JK Rowling ridicules Shakespeare's Globe Theatre for portraying Joan of Arc as non-binary with 'they' and 'them' pronouns

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

this crazy woman has totally lost the plot. How does this artistic decision cause her harm ?
Great publicity for the play though.

this crazy woman has totally lost the plot. How does this artistic decision cause her harm ?
Are you threatened that Joan of Arc was a woman and had a vagina?

If you knew the true story of “Joan the Maid” you would likely be on your knees tonight in fright, instead of entertaining yourself here endlessly.
Even Mark Twain, no friend of organized religion, became some kind of believer after falling in awe of Jeanne d’Arc.

"I like Joan of Arc best of all my books; and it is the best; I know it perfectly well. . And besides, it furnished me seven times the pleasure afforded me by any of the others; ...twelve years of preparation, and two years of writing. .The others needed no preparation and got none."

Writing in a 1904 Harper’s essay, he referred to her as “by far the most extraordinary person the human race has ever produced.”

She’s a moron and love her work. Simply just don’t go to the show! She doesn’t have to buy a ticket. If no one wants to see that it won’t survive. If they want to see it, so what?

This is the scariest quote from the article.

Frank Furedi, emeritus professor of sociology at the University of Kent, told MailOnline yesterday: 'Playwrights are allowed to have a bit of poetic license but I think what is interesting about the play is that it very much falls in with the idea of rewriting history.

What a cheeky fuck this chap is. A professor of sociology saying that playwrights :

'Playwrights are allowed to have a bit of poetic license but I think what is interesting about the play is that it very much falls in with the idea of rewriting history.

What gives him the power to decide what people write ? I know my friends on here are staunch supporters of free speech. they will share my disgust at Prof Furedis words. Fucking commie twat.

Forum List

Back