Zone1 *Sacrifice's Of Animals Again On The Jewish Mount!*

Well, yes, I am not a vegetarian and saying that I oppose killing animals looks ridiculous from my part. Agree.

What I can say, the time will show. Maybe offering sacrifices at the Temple Mount won't look like as I imagine it to be now.
It’s not; then again, you haven’t read your Leviticus.

God commanded Moses to make a bronze statue of a serpent for people to turn to for healing during the time of testing in the wilderness. True?

Hezekiah destroyed this statue and was credited for doing what is right in the eyes of God. True?

My question is if it was right for Hezekiah to destroy the statue was it ever right for anyone to turn to it for healing? Of course it was never right to turn to a statue of a serpent for healing. Duh.

The point is that no one should blindly do what God commands because it could be just a test.

Moses said that after his death the people would turn aside from then way that he taught to follow [the law],become corrupt, and defile themselves with the work of their hands.

The temple is made by human hands. Smarten up. The sanctuary of God can't be made by man.
elves?

God commanded Moses to make a bronze statue of a serpent for people to turn to for healing during the time of testing in the wilderness. True?

Hezekiah destroyed this statue and was credited for doing what is right in the eyes of God. True?

My question is if it was right for Hezekiah to destroy the statue was it ever right for anyone to turn to it for healing? Of course it was never right to turn to a statue of a serpent for healing. Duh.

The point is that no one should blindly do what God commands because it could be just a test.

Moses said that after his death the people would turn aside from then way that he taught to follow [the law],become corrupt, and defile themselves with the work of their hands.

The temple is made by human hands. Smarten up. The sanctuary of God can't be made by man.
I'm disappointed in you...
It's kind of hard to imagine that the people worshipped the "snake" when the presence of God was actually felt.
In later times, God's presence was not felt as strongly, and the people started believing that worshipping idols worked immediately.

I'm disappointed in you...
It's kind of hard to imagine that the people worshipped the "snake" when the presence of God was actually felt.
In later times, God's presence was not felt as strongly, and the people started believing that worshipping idols worked immediately.

Try to include in your speculations the sequence of events. First people were complaining about the hardships of freedom expressing a desire to return to Egypt. Then people complained about the law, probably because they saw themselves on the forbidden menu. Then God sent a plague of serpents, a metaphor for a human archetype, just like a plague of gibbering and squeaking evangelicals, and people "died" when bitten and then the people complained about that. That's when God told Moses to build a statue of a serpent and tell the people to turn to that for healing.

I'm disappointed in you if you think that turning to a statue for healing wasn't wrong from the beginning, even if God said so, the same God who gave the law prohibiting such practices.

Its like Jesus whose disciples always called him Lord but never did what he said telling them "eat this" because they didn't give a fuck about the fact he just told them he was about to be killed.

Can the Sanctuary of God, like Divine providence, be built by any living being or is it given by God.

A person can only enter the kingdom of Heaven from within by complying with Divine Law, abundant blessings and eternal life in the "Sanctuary of God" being the promise for doing so.

The hidden door to the Sanctuary of God is now open to everyone who has the will to enter, not just one prick in the inner room of a temple wearing fancy robes with a bloody knife in his hand.

Last edited:
Try to include in your speculations the sequence of events. First people were complaining about the hardships of freedom expressing a desire to return to Egypt. Then people complained about the law, probably because they saw themselves on the forbidden menu. Then God sent a plague of serpents, a metaphor for a human archetype, just like a plague of gibbering and squeaking evangelicals, and people "died" when bitten and then the people complained about that. That's when God told Moses to build a statue of a serpent and tell the people to turn to that for healing.

I'm disappointed in you if you think that turning to a statue for healing wasn't wrong from the beginning, even if God said so, the same God who gave the law prohibiting such practices.

Its like Jesus whose disciples always called him Lord but never did what he said telling them "eat this" because they didn't give a fuck about the fact he just told them he was about to be killed.
I will leave that discussion between you and God.

Well, yes, I am not a vegetarian and saying that I oppose killing animals looks ridiculous from my part. Agree.

What I can say, the time will show. Maybe offering sacrifices at the Temple Mount won't look like as I imagine it to be now.

It's return to normalcy generally.
May be the uneasiest or the most normal individually.
That it is normal for an individual may itself cause unease.

Rambam talks about the order of things in our days being normal,
Rabbi Cherki also likes to challenge students to picture Temple service,
with daily protests by animal rights activists standing outside, and here.

All fine. The question, is not if or how, but how soon You see it.
And if sacrifice is return to the source, why human sacrifice -
is not the ultimate service?

It's return to normalcy generally.
May be the uneasiest or the most normal individually.
That it is normal for an individual may itself cause unease.

Rambam talks about the order of things in our days being normal,
Rabbi Cherki also likes to challenge students to picture Temple service,
with daily protests by animal rights activists standing outside, and here.

All fine. The question, is not if or how, but how soon You see it.
is not the ultimate service?
The problem is that the word korh-bahn does not mean sacrifice, but every stupid thing in the NT is a freaking sacrifice.

The problem is that the word korh-bahn does not mean sacrifice, but every stupid thing in the NT is a freaking sacrifice.

Lehitkarev.... to get closer.

Indeed the Christian-Muslim connotation is horrific.

Heard about the vegetarian vision in Rabbi Kook's writings?

Lehitkarev.... to get closer.

Indeed the Christian-Muslim connotation is horrific.

Heard about the vegetarian vision in Rabbi Kook's writings?
The fact is that the world of Torah related literature is so vast I will never get to even a fraction of it.

The fact is that the world of Torah related literature is so vast I will never get to even a fraction of it.

Hochmato mitkayemet...

To me, it seems there's sorta no working plan...just do it,
and no one will dare tell the generation, even talk out,
only to make sure its the real thing.

Hochmato mitkayemet...

To me, it seems there's sorta no working plan...just do it,
and no one will dare tell the generation, even talk out,
only to make sure its the real thing.
Every Rav responded to the questions they were asked.

Like epikors questions? Oy vey...because their questions
were baseless and that simple to understand that they were mentioned in Torah?
The poison of the Enlightenment was having to address all issues.
On the other hand, the Gemara contains many stories concerning opikarus.

The poison of the Enlightenment was having to address all issues.
On the other hand, the Gemara contains many stories concerning opikarus.

Even before upicarus, the Pharaoh had sincere questions.
That's why the Temple, is only also, of religious function.

is not the ultimate service
Yeah, that is a quite good question. Why? Maybe because a living being with own consciousness can't be a mean for repelling your own sins.

But as long as you say that sacrifices in Judaism isn't for God's 'appeasement', but more about social communication, then this version doesn't fly well.

My second guess is that because a human being can't take away the life of another human being for own benefit or in the cases if that contradicts the Torah. But this guess is too simple to be actually true.

Yeah, that is a quite good question. Why? Maybe because a living being with own consciousness can't be a mean for repelling your own sins.

But as long as you say that sacrifices in Judaism isn't for God's 'appeasement', but more about social communication, then this version doesn't fly well.

My second guess is that because a human being can't take away the life of another human being for own benefit or in the cases if that contradicts the Torah. But this guess is too simple to be actually true.
There is no offering for an intentional sin.

Let's say the point about hurting other humans, if own consciousness is what differentiates us from the animal world, addresses others, but immediately bears the side of the question it doesn't address - what if the sacrifice is the self?

Remember, I've initially said the subject is - Your desire.
Appeasement is an essential will, but can't suffice
to define a Monotheist relationship.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back