Ryan's pastor: "Romney not a Christian"

Clark spoke to CNN about Romney’s Mormon faith after a February rally for Santorum in Lansing.

That's quite a condemnation.

I actually heard Kent Clark give an interview on television. He reiterated that he did not believe that Romney is a Christian in the Catholic sense of the word but endorsed Romney as the nominee because even though Clark does not consider him the same kind of Christian that Catholics are, Romney's values reflect Catholic values better than obama does.

Historical Christianity regards Mormonism as a cult. Catholics regard Protestants as reprobates and Protestants reject Roman Catholicism. These are all internal disagreements over doctrine and practice...what do they have to do with Romney's ability to govern? BTW Clark would also reject Obama's Liberation Theology as something abhorrent to the true faith as well.

Historical Christianity regards Mormonism as a cult. Catholics regard Protestants as reprobates and Protestants reject Roman Catholicism. These are all internal disagreements over doctrine and practice...what do they have to do with Romney's ability to govern? BTW Clark would also reject Obama's Liberation Theology as something abhorrent to the true faith as well.

At any rate, I'd prefer a cult to a dolt.

Tax exempt Media Matters has been spending a lot of time in places of worship lately. Evan pastors don't get a break from their cherry picked quotes. Keep in mind that all Rev. Wright's rants were taped and offered for sale by his congregation. Nobody sneaked into church and taped "only words from conservatives" as the MM mission statement says.

So what?? Why does it matter that Romney is a Mormon?? Do you think he's going to try and convert y'all?? :lmao:

It does matter to those who think this is and should be a Christian nation. Look how many dislike Obama, just because they think he's a Muslim.

No Christian denomination that I am aware of considers Mormons to be Christians. :cool:

Of course they are Christians. Church of JESUS CHRIST of the Latter Day Saints. Mormons just believe in an additional holy Book, coming after the Bible. Much like muslims do. The koran is the next step, an expansion of Christian beliefs. Joseph Smith was just a prophet that followed Jesus, but Jesus was still the Son of God. muslims believe that big mo was a prophet that followed Jesus but Jesus wasn't the Son of God.

Denominational Christians rely on the Bible's closing paragraph that says that nothing would follow it. The Bible itself was the final word. Neither Mormons nor Muslims believe that so Christians have some basis to say that Mormons aren't "real" Christians. But the fundamental values of Mormonism and denominational Christianity are the same and come from the same Bible.

At any rate, I'd prefer a cult to a dolt.

I am pretty certain Romney's time as Governor was not overshadowed by his Mormonism... Whereas Obama's Liberation Theology certainly appears to influence his policy and ideology.

Forum List

Back