Ryan's pastor: "Romney not a Christian"

The whole idea of Christians not voting for Romney because he's mormon is a dead issue. They are voting for Romney and sending him a lot of money. Romney is endorsed on the Christian Voter Guide. It's a dead issue.

There are dozens of cults in Christianity.
I agree there are cults; but Mormonism has nothing to do with Christianity.

They call themselves the Church of "Jesus Christ" of Latter Day Saints.

Which is false advertisement, because they are fraudulently using the name Jesus Christ to make gullible people think they are a Christian denomination and church. :cool:

There are dozens of cults in Christianity.
I agree there are cults; but Mormonism has nothing to do with Christianity.

They call themselves the Church of "Jesus Christ" of Latter Day Saints.

Which is false advertisement, because they are fraudulently using the name Jesus Christ to make gullible people think they are a Christian denomination and church. :cool:

Muslims are the gullible ones if they think they are getting 42 virgins.

And? :cool:

Many black churches teach a subtle or modified form of Black Liberation Theology to their congregation.

It's just that Pres. Obama preacher was more open and up front about it. :cool:

I am so sorry you missed the tongue in cheek of my comment regarding Mitt's ability to govern according to law and practice. I never said he did so divorced from his faith. I am sure he draws his ethical principles from his faith...but unlike the political aspects of Liberation Theology, Mormonism is not a Theocratic driven faith. Your humorless admission to Obama's whacked use of his theology to run this country aside, do you understand Black Liberation Theology and its political aspirations?

I'm humorless? What makes your comments tongue-in-cheek and not mine? You certainly turned on a dime on this point. What makes the follower of an alternate history religion for which there isn't a scrap of archeological evidence better than a mainline Christian who happens to believe in social justice?

Black Liberation theology is not mainline Christianity- it is not even Christianity. The difference is that Mormonism, unlike BLT, does not seek political power to further its ability to change policy.

Yes, you are humorless and you did lay claim to Obama's faith as proof of his commitment to his ideology. Whereas I noted Mitt's time as governor proves his position of power is not abused by his faith...note again, I never said his faith does not provide strength to his principles.

...and I never said anything about BLT, you did. That's your characterization, I've never heard him say it. I prefer to let people speak for themselves, instead of putting words in their mouths.

The whole idea of Christians not voting for Romney because he's mormon is a dead issue. They are voting for Romney and sending him a lot of money. Romney is endorsed on the Christian Voter Guide. It's a dead issue.

The Pope sent out a voter guide? That's the only true measure of Christianity, just check Matthew 16:15-19(KJV).

[
Black Liberation theology is not mainline Christianity- it is not even Christianity. The difference is that Mormonism, unlike BLT, does not seek political power to further its ability to change policy.

Yes

Oh, so there wasn't any political action by the Mormon church on Proposition 8 in CA?

Read:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/15/us/politics/15marriage.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Stop being stupid. Stop it! Now!

Oh so religious people arent allowed to participate i n elections now?

How does appearing at an Event with Ryan make the man Ryan's pastor?

He's not Ryan's pastor. That's ridiculous. Clark is a pastor. Ryan is a Catholic, he has a priest not a pastor.

The pastor endorsed Rick Santorum. His statement that Romney isn't a Christian was made because he was giving a speech in support of Rick Santorum. If Clark appeared with Ryan at a campaign stop it's because Ryan is the VP nominee and Santorum was an also ran.

How does appearing at an Event with Ryan make the man Ryan's pastor?

He's not Ryan's pastor. That's ridiculous. Clark is a pastor. Ryan is a Catholic, he has a priest not a pastor.

The pastor endorsed Rick Santorum. His statement that Romney isn't a Christian was made because he was giving a speech in support of Rick Santorum. If Clark appeared with Ryan at a campaign stop it's because Ryan is the VP nominee and Santorum was an also ran.

All I know is, Ryan just sat there and listened. :eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back