Ryan's pastor: "Romney not a Christian"

Romney will have no trouble at all in getting the Southern states to vote for him. This isn't a election between an evangelical and a mormon, but obama and a mormon. There might be some sort of argument that southern Christians wouldn't vote for Romney IF Ralph Reed and the Christian Coalition had not come out strongly in Romney's favor. The idea that Christians won't vote for a mormon ended with that endorsement and activity.

No Christian denomination that I am aware of considers Mormons to be Christians. :cool:

Of course they are Christians. Church of JESUS CHRIST of the Latter Day Saints. Mormons just believe in an additional holy Book, coming after the Bible. Much like muslims do. The koran is the next step, an expansion of Christian beliefs. Joseph Smith was just a prophet that followed Jesus, but Jesus was still the Son of God. muslims believe that big mo was a prophet that followed Jesus but Jesus wasn't the Son of God.

Denominational Christians rely on the Bible's closing paragraph that says that nothing would follow it. The Bible itself was the final word. Neither Mormons nor Muslims believe that so Christians have some basis to say that Mormons aren't "real" Christians. But the fundamental values of Mormonism and denominational Christianity are the same and come from the same Bible.
Mormonism is beyond being just a cult.

It is border line occult in nature and doctrine.

And it's core theology is very far removed from orthodox Christianity.

Historical Christianity regards Mormonism as a cult. Catholics regard Protestants as reprobates and Protestants reject Roman Catholicism. These are all internal disagreements over doctrine and practice...what do they have to do with Romney's ability to govern? BTW Clark would also reject Obama's Liberation Theology as something abhorrent to the true faith as well.

At any rate, I'd prefer a cult to a dolt.

I am pretty certain Romney's time as Governor was not overshadowed by his Mormonism... Whereas Obama's Liberation Theology certainly appears to influence his policy and ideology.

Pretty certain? Get back to us when you know for sure! If it didn't influence him, his faith must be pretty shallow! As you say yourself, at least Obama has the courage of his convictions, not an Etch-a-Sketch.

No Christian denomination that I am aware of considers Mormons to be Christians. :cool:

Of course they are Christians. Church of JESUS CHRIST of the Latter Day Saints. Mormons just believe in an additional holy Book, coming after the Bible. Much like muslims do. The koran is the next step, an expansion of Christian beliefs. Joseph Smith was just a prophet that followed Jesus, but Jesus was still the Son of God. muslims believe that big mo was a prophet that followed Jesus but Jesus wasn't the Son of God.

Denominational Christians rely on the Bible's closing paragraph that says that nothing would follow it. The Bible itself was the final word. Neither Mormons nor Muslims believe that so Christians have some basis to say that Mormons aren't "real" Christians. But the fundamental values of Mormonism and denominational Christianity are the same and come from the same Bible.

And?:cool:

And?:cool:

And you're stuttering! :tongue:

Pay attention of the screen name of this ^^^^ poster. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am pretty certain Romney's time as Governor was not overshadowed by his Mormonism... Whereas Obama's Liberation Theology certainly appears to influence his policy and ideology.

Obama has no policy and no ideology. He just like being President.

At any rate, I'd prefer a cult to a dolt.

Pretty certain? Get back to us when you know for sure! If it didn't influence him, his faith must be pretty shallow! As you say yourself, at least Obama has the courage of his convictions, not an Etch-a-Sketch.

I am so sorry you missed the tongue in cheek of my comment regarding Mitt's ability to govern according to law and practice. I never said he did so divorced from his faith. I am sure he draws his ethical principles from his faith...but unlike the political aspects of Liberation Theology, Mormonism is not a Theocratic driven faith. Your humorless admission to Obama's whacked use of his theology to run this country aside, do you understand Black Liberation Theology and its political aspirations?

I am so sorry you missed the tongue in cheek of my comment regarding Mitt's ability to govern according to law and practice. I never said he did so divorced from his faith. I am sure he draws his ethical principles from his faith...but unlike the political aspects of Liberation Theology, Mormonism is not a Theocratic driven faith. Your humorless admission to Obama's whacked use of his theology to run this country aside, do you understand Black Liberation Theology and its political aspirations?

I'm humorless? What makes your comments tongue-in-cheek and not mine? You certainly turned on a dime on this point. What makes the follower of an alternate history religion for which there isn't a scrap of archeological evidence better than a mainline Christian who happens to believe in social justice?

Nonsense. There are dozens of cults in Christianity. What people are going to be looking at are the values that the candidates hold. With the Christian Coalition endorsing Romney, and obama's position on same sex marriage, abortion and forcing religious institutions to pay for abortions, he will lose the Christian vote.

Nonsense. There are dozens of cults in Christianity. What people are going to be looking at are the values that the candidates hold. With the Christian Coalition endorsing Romney, and obama's position on same sex marriage, abortion and forcing religious institutions to pay for abortions, he will lose the Christian vote.

Although they may not say it publicly I'm thinking the Jewish vote isn't going to be as blue as it once was either. ;)

I'm humorless? What makes your comments tongue-in-cheek and not mine? You certainly turned on a dime on this point. What makes the follower of an alternate history religion for which there isn't a scrap of archeological evidence better than a mainline Christian who happens to believe in social justice?

Black Liberation theology is not mainline Christianity- it is not even Christianity. The difference is that Mormonism, unlike BLT, does not seek political power to further its ability to change policy.

Yes, you are humorless and you did lay claim to Obama's faith as proof of his commitment to his ideology. Whereas I noted Mitt's time as governor proves his position of power is not abused by his faith...note again, I never said his faith does not provide strength to his principles.

Forum List

Back