Roger Ailes of FOX on ABC

Actually,...what he argued was ... about 300 million are happy or satisfied with their current health plans, roughly 30 million are not. He then suggested that it makes little sense to upset the apple cart of those who are happy or satisfied to attend to the 30 million who are not. He said that what we need to do is attend to the 30 million.

Poor you.

Actually you little trud, what Roger said was what he said...noy how you spin it. * * * *

Actually, you totally dishonest imbecile, what Ailes said IS what he said and I recounted what he said FAR more accurately than you did in your typically dishonest OP.

You are noy a trud. You are, however, a lying turd.

The proof will be found in the transcript.

It just sucks to be you, you lowlife liar.

Your unrequited love for me obviously has no bounds...but again, I am not interested in your affections towards me. Please, when in public, address the matter at hand and leave your fantasy life where it belongs...with you and your team of medical professionals.

the transcripts will show what they will show.

Why not ask these people...oh, they're DEAD...

------------------------------------------------------

New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage | HarvardScience

<snipped for brevity>

Having health insurance doesn't mean we won't die. In fact, nearly 200,000 Medicare patients apparently die each year due to medical error in a 2004 study.

An average of 195,000 people in the USA died due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002, according to a new study of 37 million patient records that was released today by HealthGrades, the healthcare quality company.

<snip>
"If we could focus our efforts on just four key areas - failure to rescue, bed sores, postoperative sepsis, and postoperative pulmonary embolism - and reduce these incidents by just 20 percent, we could save 39,000 people from dying every year," said Dr. Collier.

<snip>

If the Center for Disease Control's annual list of leading causes of death included medical errors, it would show up as number six, ahead of diabetes, pneumonia, Alzheimer's disease and renal disease," continued Dr. Collier. "

(more...)

Any medical treatment poses its own inherent risk. Just having an insurance policy doesn't save your life.

The numbers might be a bit off, but the point WAS taken.

If the problem is with 30 (or even with 50) million folks who have incomplete, unsatisfactorily inadequate or no health insurance, the logical thing to do is to address those folks' problems. This is not rationally done by messing around with the other folks' insurance plans and coverage. It is done by focusing on the ones WITH the problems.

I also agree that some of the panelists took aim AT Ailes. He handled himself fairly well and with humor, though.

Barbara Walters is clearly past her prime. And it is silly for any credible news programming to make a panelist out of a hack like Huffington.

The numbers are made up. Lies. Liabilities and lies go together.

Most insured Americans (excepting peoplle like Rush Limbagh and others with an axe to grind) are NOT 'happy' with the health care plans they currently have. The plans are over priced with too many restrictions on coverage.

It is an outright mitigated lie to state that insured Americans are 'happy' with the health care plans they currently have.

possessing a limited intelligence along with few observational skills is a liability.

New study finds 45,000 deaths annually linked to lack of health coverage | HarvardScience

<snipped for brevity>

Having health insurance doesn't mean we won't die. In fact, nearly 200,000 Medicare patients apparently die each year due to medical error in a 2004 study.

An average of 195,000 people in the USA died due to potentially preventable, in-hospital medical errors in each of the years 2000, 2001 and 2002, according to a new study of 37 million patient records that was released today by HealthGrades, the healthcare quality company.

<snip>
"If we could focus our efforts on just four key areas - failure to rescue, bed sores, postoperative sepsis, and postoperative pulmonary embolism - and reduce these incidents by just 20 percent, we could save 39,000 people from dying every year," said Dr. Collier.

<snip>

If the Center for Disease Control's annual list of leading causes of death included medical errors, it would show up as number six, ahead of diabetes, pneumonia, Alzheimer's disease and renal disease," continued Dr. Collier. "

(more...)

Any medical treatment poses its own inherent risk. Just having an insurance policy doesn't save your life.

Nobdoy in their right mind (except drug addled, conservative radio talkers), defends a health insurance system in a major industrialized nation, that is the primary cause for most of the bankruptcy filings in the nation

If the problem is with 30 (or even with 50) million folks who have incomplete, unsatisfactorily inadequate or no health insurance, the logical thing to do is to address those folks' problems. This is not rationally done by messing around with the other folks' insurance plans and coverage. It is done by focusing on the ones WITH the problems.

I also agree that some of the panelists took aim AT Ailes. He handled himself fairly well and with humor, though.

Barbara Walters is clearly past her prime. And it is silly for any credible news programming to make a panelist out of a hack like Huffington.

The numbers are made up. Lies. * * * *

Of course, an asshole liar like Dainty has no evidence to support his claim.

You lied in your OP about something as simple as WHAT Ailes had even said.

Nobody with a brain is going to take YOUR unsupported assurance of ANYTHING once your complete lack of truthfulness is made so manifestly clear, Dainty.

Nobdoy in their right mind (except drug addled, conservative radio talkers), defends a health insurance system in a major industrialized nation, that is the primary cause for most of the bankruptcy filings in the nation

I'm not saying that there isn't anything we can do to improve the healthcare system. I'm just saying that waiving your insurance policy at the Grim Reaper doesn't change his mind. :lol:

Practitioners, themselves, kill more people than what die from lack of insurance. And Obama's plan won't even provide policies to everyone anyway. It's a con job, that's sole purpose is to increase the size of government and the scope of government intrusion.

"According to the Washington Post/ABC Poll, 81% of those sampled were satisfied with their present health care insurance policy." -- http://trueslant.com/rickungar/2009...really-satisfied-with-their-health-insurance/ {Note: the quoted piece contains link to the poll.]

The numbers are real.

Dainty's claims to the contrary are fictional.

It is, however, still true that the number of people who require significantly better (or even any) kind of health care safety net is large enough to make the issue an important one.

In fact, as Ailes suggested (quite correctly), THAT is where the focus ought to be. But it is irrational to seek to remedy that problem by tinkering with the largest part of the "system" that isn't even broken.

Last edited:
Those 30 million? They're like "strays". And health care is like "cream". Screw 'em. Who cares if they have health care? Besides, if you feed 'em, they'll BREED.

I think I'll join the Republican Party. They really care.

I'm not saying that there isn't anything we can do to improve the healthcare system. I'm just saying that waiving your insurance policy at the Grim Reaper doesn't change his mind. :lol:

Practitioners, themselves, kill more people than what die from lack of insurance. And Obama's plan won't even provide policies to everyone anyway. It's a con job, that's sole purpose is to increase the size of government and the scope of government intrusion.

It is a Con job in the sense that it is very similar to what Massachusets has. Yes that conservative health care reform put forth by the former Governor of Massachusetts, .Republican Weld...and yes... Scott Brown (the latest idol of the right)...voted for it before he said he'd vote against it.

If you truly believe the main reason people like me want a government option is to increase the size of government you are crazy. The backing of a government option is the result of the failure of private enterprise to adequately address the needs of health care policy.. The fact that it will increase the size of government is a consequence of this...not the reason.

Affordable and accessable health care is now being viewed as a right in a civilized society.

Those 30 million? They're like "strays". And health care is like "cream". Screw 'em. Who cares if they have health care? Besides, if you feed 'em, they'll BREED.

I think I'll join the Republican Party. They really care.

You really really like that talking pointless of yours.

Just fuck the fact that it is premised on a deliberate fraud of your own creation, though, eh?

What Ailes had actually said was that 300 million were happy with their present health care coverage.* He further suggested that 30 million were not properly protected with such coverage. His contention was that THOSE latter folks are the ones who need a Health Care Bill to GET adequate coverage, but that the attempt to provide for them by taking away from the majority of folks who are satisfed with their present coverage made no sense.

Ailes was, of course, quite right.

NOBODY is arguing that those without adequate coverage can just fuck off. That's nothing but dishonest liberal propaganda.

The actual argument is related to HOW it makes sense to go about achieving the objective.

You appear to have missed the forest for the trees. The point is it is a fallacy to state that those insured are all 'happy' with the health care plans they have. George Will was not going after Roger and neither was Babs.

Babs allowed the Huff to ask questions to Roger right off the bat, and allowed it to go throughout the segment. I watch this show every week. It is the mod that asks the questions and dictates the flow of the debate. Guests don't interrogate other guests. Babs allowed the Huff to dictate the tone and questioning. George wouldn't have allowed that.

I think a lot of the conservatives' whining about media bias is BS, but today's segment certainly didn't dispel any of the conservatives' complaints.

Most insured Americans (excepting peoplle like Rush Limbagh and others with an axe to grind) are NOT 'happy' with the health care plans they currently have. The plans are over priced with too many restrictions on coverage.

It is an outright mitigated lie to state that insured Americans are 'happy' with the health care plans they currently have.

possessing a limited intelligence along with few observational skills is a liability.

Actually, most Americans are satisfied with the quality of coverage they receive and happy with overall health care coverage but are unhappy with the cost.

More than eight in 10 Americans questioned in a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. survey released Thursday said they're satisfied with the quality of health care they receive.

And nearly three out of four said they're happy with their overall health care coverage.

But satisfaction drops to 52 percent when it comes to the amount people pay for their health care, and more than three out of four are dissatisfied with the total cost of health care in the United States.

Poll: Health care costs too expensive, Americans say - CNN.com

But this isn't unusual. Most Canadians are happy with "socialized medicine" ...

Canadians happy with primary health care, study says - The Globe and Mail

... but you would get a similar response from Canadians as you do in the US if you ask them about paying too much in taxes to fund Canadian Medicare.

That's because health care costs around the world are eating up more and more of disposable income, and nobody likes that.

Roger Ailes the Big Wig @ FOX, says Obama is very likable.

Roger also said 300 million Americans are happy with the health care plans they have. Roger was talking about how the health care proposals put forward to insure the 30 million Americans without health care, would 'upset' the happy 'apple cart' that is the current health care system Americans currently have.

nuts!

This is in Politics and not Media or Current Events because though I like Ailes as an individual and I find him funny, almost every utterance he issues is tainted with a fair and balanced dose of politics.

he was asked a question and answered the FOX was fair and balaced and then he used the tag line of ABC. LOL

I recorded that show so I could watch it. I think he said that FOX i "the most trusted name in News". That used to be the tag line of CNN, was it not? Owing to a recent survey in which 49% of respondents said that they trust FOX the most, he was just crowing a little.

Interestingly, he spoke of politics when Walters demanded that he do so. He said that he's not in the politics business, he's in the ratings business.

When he took control of FOX News, he targeted a segment of the American society which turns out to be about 50% of it. Ratings.

Roger Ailes the Big Wig @ FOX, says Obama is very likable.

Roger also said 300 million Americans are happy with the health care plans they have. Roger was talking about how the health care proposals put forward to insure the 30 million Americans without health care, would 'upset' the happy 'apple cart' that is the current health care system Americans currently have.

nuts!

Well considering that there are 310 million Americans, Mr. Ailes math is off.

Actually, the number is ~75%-80% of Americans are happy with their health insurance. Since ~50 million Americans do not have health insurance, that means that about 200 million Americans are happy with their health insurance (310 - 50 = 260 x 75% = 195). But even though he was exaggerating, his point is taken. The majority of Americans are happy with their health insurance. That does not necessarily mean they are happy with the health insurance system however.

I thought Ailes did fine. It was pretty obvious that most of the roundtable was going after him specifically.

Also, Barbara Walters is a terrible host for that show.

A good way to guage the power of anyone is to regard how he's treated by those around him. Judging by that panel, Ailes is pushing some juice.

Huffington was less biased in this panel than I have ever seen her. If the Big 0 loses the Huffingtons of the world, he's toast.

The gallupPoll on HealthCare insurance which is the basis for the statement of the %'s.

Cost Is Foremost Healthcare Issue for Americans

<snipped for brevity>

<snip>

<snip>

(more...)

I suspect that most bankruptcies are the result of the cost of the care, not the cost of the Insurance Premuims.

Poll Shows Most Americans Want Public Health Care | The Moderate Voice

The people stopped supporting the health care bill when the Public Option was taken out.

Keep lying to yourselves about what Americans want and you will never get elected

People stopped supporting it when they found out more and more about it. The fact that Senators had to be bribed to gain their support for this went a long way to make people ask, "Why?".

Many younger folks that I spoke to were certain that the "Public Option" was insurance that the Government would provide gratis. They looked at me with very deep suspiscion when I explained to them that they would have to pay for this and, if they didn't buy it, they would have to pay a penalty for not paying for it.

The widespread support for the proposal was greatest when it was least understood. In describing a government program many years ago, an opponent called it a rotting mackeral in moonlight: very pretty colors, but it stinks.

Did any politician who supported this atrocity ever quantify the premium costs for the individuals that were to be buying it? As far as I could tell, the personal cash outlay was never really put forth.

Forum List

Back