Roe Vs Wade is dead.

DOTR

Gold Member
Oct 24, 2016
Face it.
It took decades of concerted efforts to get here and may take a few more years yet. But I imagine we can start on it next session. But here is something the abortionists pretend they dont understand...getting rid of Roe V Wade does not ban abortions. it returns it to the people of the states.
What is worse to a leftists than fewer abortions? Having to win minds rather than relying on judges to implement their sick agenda by fiat. Roe v Wade overturned the will of the people in 48 states and modified it in two others. Overturning Roe V Wade will return it to the states where the founders last left it. Nothing more. And Democrats always lose there.

Have fun trying to push abortion state by state.

strollingbones

You have been telling me there is no way no how Roe v wade will ever be overturned. So do you think the DNC is just scaremongering with falsehoods? Trying to whip up the base perhaps?

hillary roe.png
feinsteinroe.png
chelsearoe.png

Face it.
It took decades of concerted efforts to get here and may take a few more years yet. But I imagine we can start on it next session. But here is something the abortionists pretend they dont understand...getting rid of Roe V Wade does not ban abortions. it returns it to the people of the states.
What is worse to a leftists than fewer abortions? Having to win minds rather than relying on judges to implement their sick agenda by fiat. Roe v Wade overturned the will of the people in 48 states and modified it in two others. Overturning Roe V Wade will return it to the states where the founders last left it. Nothing more. And Democrats always lose there.

I have some bad news for you My friend.

There is no appetite to repeal Roe with any of the sitting justices.

The better effort would be to reduce the need for abortions.

Face it.

I wouldnt look for "appetite". I would look for Constitutionalists.

Face it.

I wouldnt look for "appetite". I would look for Constitutionalists.
None of which will volunteer to overturn a SCOTUS precedent.

It won't be happening in My lifetime. But I probably only have 25 years left in Me.

Removing federal jurisdiction is the key to abolishing it. We can practically end RvW overnight once jurisdiction comes back to the states the way the Framers intended.

There will be some states which want to keep it legal. The majority, however, will likely treat it as a violent crime, much like armed robbery.

All you have to do is look at the electoral college map to figure that out. Heh heh.

Last edited:
"Roe Vs Wade is dead."

And the authoritarian right will be victorious, with more government and bigger government interfering in citizens’ private lives.

But only for the short term.

In 40 to 50 years the right to privacy will again be recognized in all 50 states, either through the political process or through the judicial when the Supreme Court again has a majority of justices who respect and follow the rule of law.

Face it.

A post which lacks empathy and ignores a basic issue that those who may need or seek and abortion for personal needs, may not have the money to leave a Red State and travel to a Blue State.

A post which lacks empathy and ignores a basic issue that those who may need or seek and abortion for personal needs, may not have the money to leave a Red State and travel to a Blue State.

Too bad you don't have empathy for the baby in the womb who's being snuffed out for the sake of convenience.

Removing federal jurisdiction is the key to abolishing it. We can practically end RvW overnight once jurisdiction comes back to the states the way the Framers intended.

There will be some states which want to keep it legal. The majority, however, will likely treat it as a violent crime, much like armed robbery.

All you have to do is look at the electoral college map to figure that out. Heh heh.
Ignorant nonsense.

It was the original understanding and intent of the Founding Generation that the rulings of the Federal courts would be the law of the land, with the states subordinate and subject to Federal laws and the decisions of the Federal courts.

Residents of the states are first and foremost citizens of the United States, their inalienable rights safeguarded from the capricious whims of the states, including the right to privacy.

"Roe Vs Wade is dead."

And the authoritarian right will be victorious, with more government and bigger government interfering in citizens’ private lives.

In 40 to 50 years the right to privacy will again be recognized in all 50 states, either through the political process or through the judicial when the Supreme Court again has a majority of justices who respect and follow the rule of law.
As usual, you are one of the most ignorant persons in any thread.

It will be less government and more control by people. Roe vs Wade added government.

There is no rule of law that allows murder.

Ignorant nonsense.

It was the original understanding and intent of the Founding Generation that the rulings of the Federal courts would be the law of the land, with the states subordinate and subject to Federal laws and the decisions of the Federal courts.

Residents of the states are first and foremost citizens of the United States, their inalienable rights safeguarded from the capricious whims of the states, including the right to privacy.

How do you get so ignorant of history and the Constitution?

"Roe Vs Wade is dead."

The right to privacy is currently recognized (in one form or another) in all 50 states. However, you've finally said something that I can agree with. The GOP is kith and kin to the Democrats in that they want more and bigger government.

Now, excuse Me while I go check to be sure the laws of the universe are still in play.

"Roe Vs Wade is dead."

As usual, you are one of the most ignorant persons in any thread.

It will be less government and more control by people. Roe vs Wade added government.

There is no rule of law that allows murder.

What disgusts me most about the Left is how it turns people against their natural desires in the guise of dine invented “right”. They despise successful people, so the wealthy are evil. They want to tell women to kill their unborn children, so they’ve invented this narrative that childbirth is now an inconvenience instead of a natural privilege. It’s disgusting to the extreme...

Overturning Roe will be a classic example of conservatives needing to be careful what they wish for.

By allowing the states to again compel women to give birth against their will through force of law, conservatives will have unwittingly moved the issue of privacy rights from the relatively civil venue of the courts to the no-holds-barred realm of politics – where Republican/conservative state lawmakers who seek to violate a woman’s right to privacy will face a considerable backlash.

Indeed, with the Roe safety net no longer protecting Republican/conservative lawmakers from themselves, some Republican-controlled states might actually balk at the prospect of criminalizing abortion.

Republican/conservative state lawmakers will have foolishly delivered to their Democratic opponents a powerful political weapon that could very well result in Republicans/conservatives losing control of some state governments.

I suspect Roe will be overturned by science, not law.

Plan B is likely just the beginning...in a few years, a shot in the arm will provide a years worth of birth control. The need for abortions will be reduced significantly.

Last edited:

It won't be happening in My lifetime. But I probably only have 25 years left in Me.

The Supreme Court overturned precedent over 150 times between 1950 and 2000.

The Supreme Court overturned precedent over 150 times between 1950 and 2000.
Yes. And in the Brown vs Board of Eduaction, it correctly overturned a significant precedent.

However, that is predicated on the sitting justices holding to the values that a decision by that court is wrong.

I don't see that in the makeup of the current court, even with Kavanaugh's confirmation.

I don't see that in the makeup of the current court, even with Kavanaugh's confirmation.

Ahh...the "current court". I see what you did there :)

Yes sirree I agree with you. The current court would never overturn Roe V wade. Maybe even with Kavanaugh. That is why I said "more years to go". Ginsberg is still alive, sort of, but Trump will replace her I am sure. And in six more years of Trump and 8 more of Pence who knows how many they will choose?

New Topics

Forum List

Back