Roe v. Wade getting overturned!!

Facts bother you lol
Nope. I'm just curious why you posted that. What you did you mean? C'mon. Can't you drop the troll act for five minutes and just have areal discussion?
Blue states nothing changes.

So healthy unborn baby. Water broke. 9 months.

She changes her mind. Abort the baby.

Do you agree with this abortion dblack?
I never "agree" with abortion. I see it like suicide: a tragedy, but not something we can alleviate by simply passing a law.

But it IS her right do what she wants with her body and its contents. Until the umbilical is cut and a baby takes its first breath, it's up to the mother what happens with her body. We have to draw the line somewhere, and drawing that line inside a woman's body is a fundamental violation of her rights.

Nope. I'm just curious why posted that. What you did you mean? C'mon. Can't you drop the troll act for five minutes and just have areal discussion?

I never "agree" with abortion. I see it like suicide: a tragedy, but not something we can alleviate by simply passing a law.

But it IS her right do what she wants with her body and its contents. Until the umbilical is cut and a baby takes its first breath, it's up to the mother what happens with her body. We have to draw the line somewhere, and drawing that line inside a woman's body is a fundamental violation of her basic rights.
Aka. You agree with late term abortion and are a Barbarian. Done with your sorry ass.

We're discussion the rationale and practice of banning abortion. If you're afraid to express your opinion, that's ok. I'm just curious how far pro-lifers want to take this. And it IS a relevant question because - especially as abortion clinics are banned - self-induced abortion will become common. And I suspect pro-lifers will want to prohibit that as well. Will you support that, or push back?

Because that's where we draw the line between a separate person, with rights, and the contents of a woman's body (and no one else's business). It's the only practicable approach in my view.
Oh. So that’s where we “draw” the “line.” Cool. Then time for an eraser. And also time for a more realistic line to be drawn. Since it’s all a matter of definition and common sense. Reasonable folks may differ. But that can get haggled-out and ironed-out. Still, when something is exposed as arbitrary and foundation-less, it is a good time to re-examine it.

Let’s start with a basic. Life begins at conception. The product of conception is an entirely unique life. That will be the starting point. Let’s call it point “a.”

Now since most of us are perfectly content to acknowledge that a baby born into this world is not allowed to be murdered, let’s call that the end point of any case for abortion. Let’s call it “z.”

Some people contend that a zygote at point “a” is a “person.” Some people contend that the individual life isn’t a “person” until point “z.” If mom can’t legally extinguish the life of her baby at point “z” or later, but is “allowed” to do so at any time prior to point “z,” then the argument to justify that difference has to be premised entirely on the definition of a life becoming a “person” at “z.”

I say that’s nonsensical. So I ask again: what is the basis for the massive distinction between what constitutes a “person” at 1 instant after “z” as opposed to one instant prior to “z?” And my contention is that it is a distinction without any reasonable basis.

You will likely find this to be just a joke. But it isn’t: Dr. Seuss said it very well long ago. “A person’s a person, no matter how small.”

I don’t want the right to life erased. That is, after all, the primary right.
You're trying to change the point where a new person, with state protected rights, is legally acknowledged. Trying to say that starts inside another person's body just seems insane to me. It basically means one must forfeit control over their own body if anyone else reports them as pregnant.

Forum List

Back