Roe overturned

Wimpy decision by the court

If Abortion is immoral……say it is immoral and outlaw it
Letting 50 states determine morality makes no sense
I see you are clueless... The judicial branch is not supposed to make laws. They aren't to control anything beyond their appointed status given in the Constitution. They are to judge a case base on the law and not their opinion, religious beliefs, politics or anything else. Roe sidestepped this because there is nothing about abortion in the Constitution. The 13th, 14th and 15th amendment have nothing to do with a woman's right to privacy. It was all about the freeing of slaves. Whatever is not expressly written in the Constitution must be given back to the States to decide. For 200 years, that's how this issue was decided. 200 years of precedence snuffed out in 1973. If's ironic that Democrats demand democracy when talking about Trump. But now, they don't want democracy. They want tyranny from the courts. This decisions strengthens democracy in which you Democrats claim you love. You keep saying we are a democracy when we are actually a Constitutional Republic with a democratic process. Now, the people in each state get to vote on propositions and elect their representatives to handle this question of abortion. Seems to make lots of sense.

Yesterday, I could have gone out and gotten an abortion of I needed one. As of today, it's now illegal. So much for deeply rooted traditions.

But the real damage here is that there is not one single Supreme Court precedent that means anything anymore. From now on, all past precedents will be subject to the political leanings of the court at that moment in time. Heller? Enjoy it while it lasts. Yesterday's ruling on gun rights? It has an expiration date.

The democrats will respond with moves to pack the court. Things will spiral more and more out of control in our country. And China will be the ultimate winner.

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade
Dred Scott was "stare decisis" too, knucklehead.

Lose all the pearl clutching drama.

Yesterday, I could have gone out and gotten an abortion of I needed one. As of today, it's now illegal. So much for deeply rooted traditions.

But the real damage here is that there is not one single Supreme Court precedent that means anything anymore. From now on, all past precedents will be subject to the political leanings of the court at that moment in time. Heller? Enjoy it while it lasts. Yesterday's ruling on gun rights? It has an expiration date.

The democrats will respond with moves to pack the court. Things will spiral more and more out of control in our country. And China will be the ultimate winner.

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade
Stare decisis is not dead.

You can't continue to implement stare decisis on something that has been incorrectly decided. For example, Dred Scott v. Sandford. Had we continued stare decisis there, the Civil Rights movement as we know it today would have deen dead on arrival. No race equality, no nothing. The same could be said for the rest of the cases on this list:

Notice you just have shown the media lies through their headlines.

The people who support abortion will still vote dem.

I think the other more pertinent issues facing Americans will still take precedent.
I vote anti-abortion first. Given the choice between an anti-gun, seriously pro-life, candidate in my state legislature, I would vote pro-life.

Luckily those two top issues for me usually go hand-in-hand. Baby killers don't need guns to kill babies so anti-gun and baby killing go hand-in-hand.

Imagine if killing babies required a gun. The left would be very pro-gun.

That may be true, but all these judges DID say that they considered Roe v. Wade to be settled law - and that makes them guilty of perjury.
Well they all do it, but in their defense, this new case or recent science could change that.

In Missouri is is now illegal after 8 weeks, many women do not even know they are pregnant at 8 weeks.
A family member once didn't know she was pregnant until she started giving birth and had a bunch of pain. She was extremely overweight and so the baby never showed. But, what this decision does is give the people back their power to decide. If the people vote to change the law, they can do it. I thought Democrats loved democracy? Guess not.

Unfortunately they will.
Great, another summer of riots, arsons, lootings, attacks on cops and innocent people getting killed.
I have a very bad feeling about this - just like after the cops in Rodney King were acquitted.
I'm sure there will be some demonstrations, particular in red states, where women will lose their right to an abortion but I seriously doubt that there will be wide spread rioting, louting, and killings as we saw during some previous summers of discontent. The reason being those most responsible for violent demonstration are young men who are the group least interested in abortion rights as they are not likely to need an abortion.

Last edited:

When a child does not have a legal father, the family court cannot issue any orders for child support or child custody. So, while a biological, unmarried father can voluntarily help support his child, he is under no legal obligation to. The mother cannot demand child support from him until paternity is established.

Kind of makes you think women should at least know the name of the guy they're fucking.

Must be why women have to resort to the courts to get child support from deadbeat dads.
So ya need a lawyer… a paternity test… and ya ha ya go through the “system”

Sounds like a piece of cake

This logic...."The Constitution makes no reference to abortion, and no such right is implicitly protected by any constitutional provision,

The same can be said of marriage, thus both same sex marriage and interracial marriage could undone on a Fed level.

The same thing can be said of birth control, thus the legality of birth control could be undone on a Fed level.
We can only wish, right?

I'm sure there will be some demonstrations, particular in red states but I seriously doubt that there will be wide spread rioting, louting, and killings as we saw during some previous summers of discontent. The reason being those most responsible for violence demonstration are young men who are the group least interested in abortion rights.
They should be demonstrating against the D Party and Obama.

Weird to blame Bernie for #RoeVsWade being overturned instead of Barack Obama who actually had the power to codify, but instead used his majorities in Congress to pass Mitt Romney’s healthcare plan, made the bush tax cuts permanent, and bailed out his Wall Street donors

My husband and I are both retired
We can afford
GAS
GROCERIES
AND
A VACATION IN AUGUST

IT’S CALLED A BUDGET
Easier said than done. Most retirees didn't save for retirement. Especially with the inflation going on now. Yes, having a healthy spending plan is the way to go. But, most do not do a good job. And, this still doesn't help those at the low end of society either. What about them? Just let them die?

Forum List

Back