Robert Reich: 14 Week "Wealth and Poverty" Class

Lol. I’m not a libtard but labeling me one, may fit your little world view.

If you don’t know the harm caused by the extreme wealthy, I can’t help you. Do the research please.

Do you believe all Americans have an equal shot at success? Do you think no one receives preferential treatment?
Preferring one over another is no vice.

Okay me too, but this has nothing to do with the point we were discussing.

The extreme wealthy aren’t elected by the people, but they run the country. If you think this is okay, we greatly disagree.
We don't know what effect the power of good citizenship would have on the country (as run by the extreme wealthy) as we have never experienced it. Perhaps people should use their wages to improve their own lives rather than purchasing every shiny object made by the uber rich. American consumers have allowed big business to control both supply and demand. Not good.

Last edited:
Lol. I’m not a libtard but labeling me one, may fit your little world view.

If you don’t know the harm caused by the extreme wealthy, I can’t help you. Do the research please.

Do you believe all Americans have an equal shot at success? Do you think no one receives preferential treatment?
Yeah, some people get preferential treatment. But you apply yourself the best you can and make something out of your life instead of expecting other people to hand you money.

We don't know what effect the power of good citizenship would have on the country as we have never experienced it.

Regarding the 'extreme wealthy', where is their money? I'm an 'entry level' millionaire and I have no idea where my money is other than it's earning interest for me from a few banks. Who has borrowed it and what for I have no idea. Maybe someone has borrowed some of it to start a business, as I did years ago.
You think the billionaires don’t know where their money is??? Lmfao! If you think Bezos, Gates, Soros and the others think like YOU, you better think again.

Yeah, some people get preferential treatment. But you apply yourself the best you can and make something out of your life instead of expecting other people to hand you money.
I know cons think there are freeloaders everywhere, taking advantage of the system. This thinking may be true for a small minority, but very few people want to live a life on welfare. In case you haven’t noticed, it’s not fun.

Secondly, many poor Americans have little chance at success. The schools they attend fail to teach and their parents are often absent, some because they have to work all the time just to pay the bills.

We have a huge illiteracy problem in this country. When you can’t read or write because the gov school failed you, your chance of a successful life are about zero.

See my thread…America the illiterate

You think the billionaires don’t know where their money is??? Lmfao! If you think Bezos, Gates, Soros and the others think like YOU, you better think again.
They are the exceptions (Soros and Gates are throwing their money down a rat-hole). The big players in the financial markets have little real idea where the actual money is that they are playing with. Money has mind of its own it seems. Even the biggest player of all, the U.S. government, doesn't know where their money is.

I know cons think there are freeloaders everywhere, taking advantage of the system. This thinking may be true for a small minority, but very few people want to live a life on welfare. In case you haven’t noticed, it’s not fun.
The problem is….welfare is so generous that it’s equivalent to $50,000 a year. And yes, MANY people would and do choose to stay home and live off of OPM instead of working for a living when they would end up with the same amount of money.

And they have no shame in it! People have been so manipulated that they think they are ENTITLED to OPM, and proudly share how ”the government” just gave them $12,000 as a “tax rebate” when they don’t work and don’t even pay taxes.

Secondly, many poor Americans have little chance at success. The schools they attend fail to teach and their parents are often absent, some because they have to work all the time just to pay the bills.

Poor Americans have the greatest chance of success in this country than about anywhere else. Other people pay their tuition for a community college or vocational training program. All they have to do is study, don’t make babies, and don’t commit crime.

We have a huge illiteracy problem in this country. When you can’t read or write because the gov school failed you, your chance of a successful life are about zero.

Yes, here we agree. The government schools are a disgrace. They should stop teaching the social justice nonsense and focus on the basics: reading, writing, and arithmetic.
I don’t need to see it. I’ve experienced it in the workplace. High school graduates cannot write a simple sentence. Their spelling is atrocious and their grammar even worse. Again, this goes back to the schools.

They are the exceptions (Soros and Gates are throwing their money down a rat-hole). The big players in the financial markets have little real idea where the actual money is that they are playing with. Money has mind of its own it seems. Even the biggest player of all, the U.S. government, doesn't know where their money is.
It’s almost as if I’m speaking a foreign language. You’re not comprehending my posts.

The problem is….welfare is so generous that it’s equivalent to $50,000 a year. And yes, MANY people would and do choose to stay home and live off of OPM instead of working for a living when they would end up with the same amount of money.

And they have no shame in it! People have been so manipulated that they think they are ENTITLED to OPM, and proudly share how ”the government” just gave them $12,000 as a “tax rebate” when they don’t work and don’t even pay taxes.

Poor Americans have the greatest chance of success in this country than about anywhere else. Other people pay their tuition for a community college or vocational training program. All they have to do is study, don’t make babies, and don’t commit crime.

Yes, here we agree. The government schools are a disgrace. They should stop teaching the social justice nonsense and focus on the basics: reading, writing, and arithmetic.

I don’t need to see it. I’ve experienced it in the workplace. High school graduates cannot write a simple sentence. Their spelling is atrocious and their grammar even worse. Again, this goes back to the schools.
You’re going to have to back up those statements regarding welfare and the poor having the greatest chance at success.

You’re going to have to back up those statements regarding welfare and the poor having the greatest chance at success.
I said that poor people have a better chance of success here in America, where we will pay for their job and career training, than just about any other country.

You are enabling poor people to remain poor when you support $50,000 in annual welfare benefits.

I said that poor people have a better chance of success here in America, where we will pay for their job and career training, than just about any other country.

You are enabling poor people to remain poor when you support $50,000 in annual welfare benefits.
Need proof on the 50grand. I doubt very much many poor Americans have that kind of income.

How does one take advantage of job and career training when one is illiterate?

It’s almost as if I’m speaking a foreign language. You’re not comprehending my posts.
This is a broad subject, with lots of nuance.
I understand that you want to take the money from the rich and distribute it, unearned, to the poor.

What the poor working stiffs don't understand is that when they receive their paycheck from the rich they don't have to return it. They can use it to enrich themselves.

Need proof on the 50grand. I doubt very much many poor Americans have that kind of income.

How does one take advantage of job and career training when one is illiterate?
I've heard that the value of welfare benefits can run to $70,000 per year to families with lots of kids.

There are labor jobs that don't require much education.

You suggested that if things don't change the people will 'rise up'. I already rose up against the auto makers by buying a 2003 vehicle. My way of rebelling. I used to buy new cars. Not anymore. :mad:

I also rebel against high food prices by eating cheap.

Come to think about it I've rebelled against just about everything. ;)

The people in general won't rise up from their rather comfortable rut.

Last edited:
You suggested that if things don't change the people will 'rise up'. I already rose up against the auto makers by buying a 2003 vehicle. My way of rebelling. I used to buy new cars. Not anymore. :mad:

I also rebel against high food prices by eating cheap.

Come to think about it I've rebelled against just about everything. ;)

The people in general won't rise up from their rather comfortable rut.
Are you related to Trump or Obama? Every post you make you refer to yourself, as if you’re among the elite running this country.

Are you related to Trump or Obama? Every post you make you refer to yourself, as if you’re among the elite running this country.
Maybe I'm pointing out that I'm not among the multitude of victims of our government and big business.

Forum List

Back