Right wingers, why did Andy Cuomo's COVID response become so popular?

This is a question for right wingers, I want to see who if any out there have an objective understanding of the "how" and "why's" of what happened. It's a very simple question. Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

An intelligent reply will address the question and answer it honestly. The answer is pretty simple IMO.

A low IQ reply will attack Cuomo for the nursing home situation and try to redirect the topic of the thread.

Lets see who is who.

Left wingers, please give the RWers the opportunity to answer the OP and then feel free to respond in kind.
I have one simple question for you, Slade! Why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship and the world's largest field hospital at the Javitt's Center to care for infected Covid hospital patients? Was it because those came from Trump? Is that why he didn't use them and instead put those infected patients back into nursing homes?
That’s a great question. I’ve been asking the same thing. My guess is because he didn’t want to give Trump a win, don’t know if that’s provable but if it is then fuck that guy!

How can you hold that idea and the idea that he was not playing politics in the beginning?
What makes you think I’m holding the idea that he wasn’t playing politics?! I don’t know all the ins and outs of the operation so right now I’m listening to questions and explanations. I’d like the question about the ship to be asked. Perhaps they thought the medical wards of the nursing homes where equipped like hospitals and able to separate the sick from the general population and going back to their home facility was a better more comfortable place for the elderly. I don’t know. But I’m paying attention
He played politics at the end. Not at the beginning when he was complimenting Trump for sending the ship and resources to set up more beds. When the ventilator situation got botched and states had to battle and outbid each other then he got critical of Trump.
You apparently did not understand what I was speaking to. It was the actual topic of the OP which had to do with the elements of style and messaging that contributed to his rise in popularity.

You clearly stated he was not playing politics in the beginning.... :eusa_eh:
Yes, I was talking about when he stayed doing the COVID pressers. When he was complimenting Trump, when he first gained the spotlight

This is a question for right wingers, I want to see who if any out there have an objective understanding of the "how" and "why's" of what happened. It's a very simple question. Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

An intelligent reply will address the question and answer it honestly. The answer is pretty simple IMO.

A low IQ reply will attack Cuomo for the nursing home situation and try to redirect the topic of the thread.

Lets see who is who.

Left wingers, please give the RWers the opportunity to answer the OP and then feel free to respond in kind.
I have one simple question for you, Slade! Why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship and the world's largest field hospital at the Javitt's Center to care for infected Covid hospital patients? Was it because those came from Trump? Is that why he didn't use them and instead put those infected patients back into nursing homes?
That’s a great question. I’ve been asking the same thing. My guess is because he didn’t want to give Trump a win, don’t know if that’s provable but if it is then fuck that guy!
If that's the case then why is he still Governor? Anyone who would make that call because of politics needs to never hold a position of authority ever again!
I don't know if that really is the case. You and I only know what we hear in the headlines and public statements. Any situation is going to have a larger story which we just don't have. But as I said IF the elderly were sent to nursing homes instead of the ship for political reasons and not because they believed it was the best place for them to go then yes, Cuomo should get the boot. Don't think this is going to be provable though unless there is a recording or written record that shows that thinking.
Don't really care what his motivations were, it is pretty clear that he was obstructing justice to hide the real numbers and it is also clear that he mishandled the situation in a rather massive way.
For those 2 reasons, I do not see why NY would not boot him the first chance they get. It is not as though they have to worry about the party politics of the situation - he will just be replaced by another democrat.
Thats not exactly clear, he ultimately gave the correct data to the DOJ, the controversy was slow walking the sending of the data which I don't think is illegal... so I'm not sure if obstruction is going to stick.
With all due respect, Slade...Cuomo only released the correct data when his State's Attorney General went public that Cuomo had lied about the real numbers. The death toll in nursing homes was 50% higher than Cuomo had claimed!
That was categorization, did Cuomo handle how the deaths were categorized? As for overall death numbers those were accurate, none were hidden.

Come on, Slade! How can you say none were hidden? Cuomo fudged the numbers. Instead of counting those who contracted the virus in a nursing home and subsequently got so ill they needed to be sent to a hospital where they died as a nursing home death, Cuomo counted them as a general population death and he did so solely to hide how many people got Covid and died in New York nursing homes as a result of his policies! You know as well as I do that Cuomo hid that number from the media. He was in the midst of selling his book deal and accepting his Emmy! The last thing he wanted to see was an accurate accounting of how many thousands of people he just killed!
Again... was Cuomo doing the counting? Also, the total number of deaths was accurate number. Only the categorization of what was nursing home and what was hospital was off. Was NY the only state that did it that way? Have you asked those questions?

Lets see who is who.

If that's the case then why is he still Governor? Anyone who would make that call because of politics needs to never hold a position of authority ever again!
I don't know if that really is the case. You and I only know what we hear in the headlines and public statements. Any situation is going to have a larger story which we just don't have. But as I said IF the elderly were sent to nursing homes instead of the ship for political reasons and not because they believed it was the best place for them to go then yes, Cuomo should get the boot. Don't think this is going to be provable though unless there is a recording or written record that shows that thinking.
Don't really care what his motivations were, it is pretty clear that he was obstructing justice to hide the real numbers and it is also clear that he mishandled the situation in a rather massive way.
For those 2 reasons, I do not see why NY would not boot him the first chance they get. It is not as though they have to worry about the party politics of the situation - he will just be replaced by another democrat.
Thats not exactly clear, he ultimately gave the correct data to the DOJ, the controversy was slow walking the sending of the data which I don't think is illegal... so I'm not sure if obstruction is going to stick.
With all due respect, Slade...Cuomo only released the correct data when his State's Attorney General went public that Cuomo had lied about the real numbers. The death toll in nursing homes was 50% higher than Cuomo had claimed!
That was categorization, did Cuomo handle how the deaths were categorized? As for overall death numbers those were accurate, none were hidden.

Come on, Slade! How can you say none were hidden? Cuomo fudged the numbers. Instead of counting those who contracted the virus in a nursing home and subsequently got so ill they needed to be sent to a hospital where they died as a nursing home death, Cuomo counted them as a general population death and he did so solely to hide how many people got Covid and died in New York nursing homes as a result of his policies! You know as well as I do that Cuomo hid that number from the media. He was in the midst of selling his book deal and accepting his Emmy! The last thing he wanted to see was an accurate accounting of how many thousands of people he just killed!
Again... was Cuomo doing the counting? Also, the total number of deaths was accurate number. Only the categorization of what was nursing home and what was hospital was off. Was NY the only state that did it that way? Have you asked those questions?
Yes, NY State WAS the only one doing it that way! Look at the numbers that were being reported before Cuomo was ratted out by his own Attorney General. NY State was way down the list of States for nursing home deaths...but when the numbers are adjusted to what they SHOULD have been NY State goes to number two! They deliberately hid how many elderly nursing home patients died because of sending infected patients back to their nursing homes because they KNEW it would be a black eye for the Cuomo Administration! Stop defending this piece of shit, Slade! He's not worthy of it and I think deep down you know it!

Lets see who is who.

Oldestyle

"Why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship... to care for infected Covid hospital patients?"

" The Comfort was sent to New York to relieve pressure on city hospitals by treating people with ailments other than Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. " - NY Times

"Why didn't Cuomo use... the world's largest field hospital at the Javitt's Center to care for infected Covid hospital patients? "

He did!

Lets see who is who.

Yes, NY State WAS the only one doing it that way! Look at the numbers that were being reported before Cuomo was ratted out by his own Attorney General. NY State was way down the list of States for nursing home deaths...but when the numbers are adjusted to what they SHOULD have been NY State goes to number two! They deliberately hid how many elderly nursing home patients died because of sending infected patients back to their nursing homes because they KNEW it would be a black eye for the Cuomo Administration! Stop defending this piece of shit, Slade! He's not worthy of it and I think deep down you know it!
I’m not defending him. I’m just trying to keep it to what we actually know. I havent dove deep into this topic. Just heard some headlines so I’m asking questions not defending. If he actually directed a dishonest presentation of stats to avoid political fallout then that isn't good. It’s a 7 out of 10 on the bad scale. But if he decided to send patients back to nursing homes instead of that ship because he didn’t want to give Trump a win, well then he is a piece of shit and needs to get busted. That’s a 10 out of 10

Lets see who is who.

He lied and the MSM fawned on him. next question!!

Greg

Lets see who is who.

Greg
What lies attracted the people to him?

Lets see who is who.

How can you hold that idea and the idea that he was not playing politics in the beginning?
What makes you think I’m holding the idea that he wasn’t playing politics?! I don’t know all the ins and outs of the operation so right now I’m listening to questions and explanations. I’d like the question about the ship to be asked. Perhaps they thought the medical wards of the nursing homes where equipped like hospitals and able to separate the sick from the general population and going back to their home facility was a better more comfortable place for the elderly. I don’t know. But I’m paying attention
He played politics at the end. Not at the beginning when he was complimenting Trump for sending the ship and resources to set up more beds. When the ventilator situation got botched and states had to battle and outbid each other then he got critical of Trump.
You apparently did not understand what I was speaking to. It was the actual topic of the OP which had to do with the elements of style and messaging that contributed to his rise in popularity.

Yes, I was talking about when he stayed doing the COVID pressers. When he was complimenting Trump, when he first gained the spotlight
And then immediately used that spotlight to contrast against Trump.

And that is what catapulted him to popularity.

Lets see who is who.

Oldestyle

"Why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship... to care for infected Covid hospital patients?"

" The Comfort was sent to New York to relieve pressure on city hospitals by treating people with ailments other than Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus. " - NY Times

"Why didn't Cuomo use... the world's largest field hospital at the Javitt's Center to care for infected Covid hospital patients? "

He did!

Cuomo did not need the Army Corp of Engineer's hospital or the USN hospital ship, and he did not need topack virus-infected patients into nursing homes.

Cuomo feared a PREDICTED wave of vius-infected patients that would require hospital beds, that would overwhelmNY hospitals. He wanted to keep beds open for whenthat happened...the problem was that never happened.

Cuomo squaled fro help from Trump. Trump delivered - a new hospital built and a USN hospital ship delivered.
- The hospital was deconstructed and the USN ship sailed away, both due to LACK OF USE.
- Virus-infected patients were packed into nursing homes for NOTHING.
- Over 15,000 elderly Americans DIED for NOTHING

'You fight the battle you are in'.
- Cuomo sacrificed the lives of 15,000 Americans to fight a fight that did not exist, a wave of cases that never came.

Lets see who is who.

How did he contrast against Trump?

Lets see who is who.

The Main Stream Media trumpeted Cuomo as a shining example of leadership in a crisis...while they accused Trump of dropping the ball. The truth is, Cuomo's actions directly resulted in the deaths of thousands of New Yorkers that didn't need to die...and in what Trump was called upon to do (provide ventilators, personal protective gear and vaccines) he exceeded expectations. You've got the guy who's actions killed thousands getting a lucrative book deal and an Emmy while the guy who did his job competently was blamed for deaths that he had nothing to do with. THAT is how Andrew Cuomo contrasts to Donald Trump! It's what happens when the Main Stream Media becomes a cheerleader for one side and the sworn enemy of the other.

Lets see who is who.

I'm not a right winger i'm an independent

But the left has a lot more boot lickers than they had 10 years go, now they love being bent over hahaha

Democrats love collective health policy that requires a reduction in civil liberties like republicans love the idea of cops suspending habeus corpus.

Lets see who is who.

The Main Stream Media trumpeted Cuomo as a shining example of leadership in a crisis...while they accused Trump of dropping the ball. The truth is, Cuomo's actions directly resulted in the deaths of thousands of New Yorkers that didn't need to die...and in what Trump was called upon to do (provide ventilators, personal protective gear and vaccines) he exceeded expectations. You've got the guy who's actions killed thousands getting a lucrative book deal and an Emmy while the guy who did his job competently was blamed for deaths that he had nothing to do with. THAT is how Andrew Cuomo contrasts to Donald Trump! It's what happens when the Main Stream Media becomes a cheerleader for one side and the sworn enemy of the other.
You give way too much credit to the MSM. People see what they see and they believe what rings true to them. Cuomo's COVID pressers were on in full and people tuned in. They like Cuomo from what they saw and heard not because they turned on CNN and the new anchor said Andy is the best!

Lets see who is who.

You give way too much credit to the MSM. People see what they see and they believe what rings true to them. Cuomo's COVID pressers were on in full and people tuned in. They like Cuomo from what they saw and heard not because they turned on CNN and the new anchor said Andy is the best!
Do you think they would have liked Cuomo if the Main Stream Media was doing it's job and reporting on how Cuomo's policies were killing thousands of elderly New Yorkers trapped in nursing homes?

Lets see who is who.

Do you think they would have liked Cuomo if the Main Stream Media was doing it's job and reporting on how Cuomo's policies were killing thousands of elderly New Yorkers trapped in nursing homes?
They would be reacting the same way they are reacting now. You seem awfully consumed with the media.

Lets see who is who.

Oldestyle

He did!

They changed it in the first week of April for the ship to take China Flu patients.

Cuomo didn't use it. Instead, he sent people to nursing homes to die, and kill others.

Lets see who is who.

Greg
What lies attracted the people to him?
21 pages in and you are still trolling your own thread..........

Pathetic.

Lets see who is who.

"The public" didn't support Cuomo from the beginning. Only the media and other far-left hacks did. And the only reason they supported Cuomo is because he attacked Trump every single day in his media circuses. He was a performer, much like a clown or trained monkey. And low-IQ supporters and TDS afflicted ate that shit up.

Lets see who is who.

"The public" didn't support Cuomo from the beginning. Only the media and other far-left hacks did. And the only reason they supported Cuomo is because he attacked Trump every single day in his media circuses. He was a performer, much like a clown or trained monkey. And low-IQ supporters and TDS afflicted ate that shit up.
You think his COVID pressers were a political performance?? How many did you watch?

Forum List

Back