Right wingers, why did Andy Cuomo's COVID response become so popular?

This is a question for right wingers, I want to see who if any out there have an objective understanding of the "how" and "why's" of what happened. It's a very simple question. Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

An intelligent reply will address the question and answer it honestly. The answer is pretty simple IMO.

A low IQ reply will attack Cuomo for the nursing home situation and try to redirect the topic of the thread.

Lets see who is who.

Left wingers, please give the RWers the opportunity to answer the OP and then feel free to respond in kind.
I have one simple question for you, Slade! Why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship and the world's largest field hospital at the Javitt's Center to care for infected Covid hospital patients? Was it because those came from Trump? Is that why he didn't use them and instead put those infected patients back into nursing homes?
That’s a great question. I’ve been asking the same thing. My guess is because he didn’t want to give Trump a win, don’t know if that’s provable but if it is then fuck that guy!

How can you hold that idea and the idea that he was not playing politics in the beginning?
What makes you think I’m holding the idea that he wasn’t playing politics?! I don’t know all the ins and outs of the operation so right now I’m listening to questions and explanations. I’d like the question about the ship to be asked. Perhaps they thought the medical wards of the nursing homes where equipped like hospitals and able to separate the sick from the general population and going back to their home facility was a better more comfortable place for the elderly. I don’t know. But I’m paying attention
He played politics at the end. Not at the beginning when he was complimenting Trump for sending the ship and resources to set up more beds. When the ventilator situation got botched and states had to battle and outbid each other then he got critical of Trump.
You apparently did not understand what I was speaking to. It was the actual topic of the OP which had to do with the elements of style and messaging that contributed to his rise in popularity.

This is a question for right wingers, I want to see who if any out there have an objective understanding of the "how" and "why's" of what happened. It's a very simple question. Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

An intelligent reply will address the question and answer it honestly. The answer is pretty simple IMO.

A low IQ reply will attack Cuomo for the nursing home situation and try to redirect the topic of the thread.

Lets see who is who.

Left wingers, please give the RWers the opportunity to answer the OP and then feel free to respond in kind.
I have one simple question for you, Slade! Why didn't Cuomo use the hospital ship and the world's largest field hospital at the Javitt's Center to care for infected Covid hospital patients? Was it because those came from Trump? Is that why he didn't use them and instead put those infected patients back into nursing homes?
That’s a great question. I’ve been asking the same thing. My guess is because he didn’t want to give Trump a win, don’t know if that’s provable but if it is then fuck that guy!
If that's the case then why is he still Governor? Anyone who would make that call because of politics needs to never hold a position of authority ever again!
I don't know if that really is the case. You and I only know what we hear in the headlines and public statements. Any situation is going to have a larger story which we just don't have. But as I said IF the elderly were sent to nursing homes instead of the ship for political reasons and not because they believed it was the best place for them to go then yes, Cuomo should get the boot. Don't think this is going to be provable though unless there is a recording or written record that shows that thinking.
Don't really care what his motivations were, it is pretty clear that he was obstructing justice to hide the real numbers and it is also clear that he mishandled the situation in a rather massive way.
For those 2 reasons, I do not see why NY would not boot him the first chance they get. It is not as though they have to worry about the party politics of the situation - he will just be replaced by another democrat.
Thats not exactly clear, he ultimately gave the correct data to the DOJ, the controversy was slow walking the sending of the data which I don't think is illegal... so I'm not sure if obstruction is going to stick.

Lets see who is who.

Much like how the FBI needed to indict Flynn to start off the Russia hoax, Cuomo was used to start of the COVID hysteria. For people to agree to COVID control they need a lot of deaths. Cuomo started the hysteria about PPE, ventilators and hospital beds and TRUMP solved all 3 issues. So they needed high death numbers and those who Cuomo couldn't sentence to a COVID death, the numbers where falsified.

Also at the time Biden was being propped up as the nominee and dems were worried about if the media would be able to provide cover for his obvious cognitive decline and many viewed Cuomo as a backup.

People who were paying attention at the time didn't have a positive view of Cuomo's handling of COVID.
Hahaha, this is the dumbest theory of the day! I don't know if its worth a rebuttal so before I waste any energy on it I must ask if you are actually serious with that statement.

You asked where Republicans supported Cuomos Covid response... something I never claimed

Thread title:

"
"

God you're stupid. You're a liar, but your stupidity dominates it
Yes, I'm asking a questions to Right wingers. I am asking them why Cuomo's Covid responds became so popular. Why do I need to explain this to you it isn't complicated. Most others on this thread understood. I'm sorry if you are confused but thats a YOU problem.

You think it's complicated? LOL, of course you do. You're not very smart.

The question was when Republicans liked Cuomo's "COVID Response" as you claimed. Simple question. No one thinks it's hart except you
Reread what you wrote and tell me if it sounds smart... no it does not. I never claimed republicans liked Cuomos Covid response. You are just making shit up.

You're just bickering ... again ...
Call it whatever you want. I'm going to call you out if you are lying about the things I say. I don't really care if you call that bickering

You asked where Republicans supported Cuomos Covid response... something I never claimed

Thread title:

"
"

Yes, I'm asking a questions to Right wingers. I am asking them why Cuomo's Covid responds became so popular. Why do I need to explain this to you it isn't complicated. Most others on this thread understood. I'm sorry if you are confused but thats a YOU problem.

The question was when Republicans liked Cuomo's "COVID Response" as you claimed. Simple question. No one thinks it's hart except you
Reread what you wrote and tell me if it sounds smart... no it does not. I never claimed republicans liked Cuomos Covid response. You are just making shit up.

Call it whatever you want. I'm going to call you out if you are lying about the things I say. I don't really care if you call that bickering

You posting that you couldn't read a post was calling me out? M'kay ...

Thread title:

"
"

I read your post just fine and you lied by saying I claimed things that my post did not claim... And then you wrote this beautiful piece of literature...

"You think it's complicated? LOL, of course you do. You're not very smart.

The question was when Republicans liked Cuomo's "COVID Response" as you claimed. Simple question. No one thinks it's hart except you"

It's pretty clear who the idiot is.

Thread title:

"
"

I read your post just fine and you lied by saying I claimed things that my post did not claim... And then you wrote this beautiful piece of literature...

The question was when Republicans liked Cuomo's "COVID Response" as you claimed. Simple question. No one thinks it's hart except you"

You read my post and said duh, dar, you don't know what I said. I just thought, no surprise there

Thread title:

"
"

You read my post and said duh, dar, you don't know what I said. I just thought, no surprise there
I know exactly what you said. I'm saying you are lying and wrong and you sound like a tard

Lets see who is who.

If that's the case then why is he still Governor? Anyone who would make that call because of politics needs to never hold a position of authority ever again!
I don't know if that really is the case. You and I only know what we hear in the headlines and public statements. Any situation is going to have a larger story which we just don't have. But as I said IF the elderly were sent to nursing homes instead of the ship for political reasons and not because they believed it was the best place for them to go then yes, Cuomo should get the boot. Don't think this is going to be provable though unless there is a recording or written record that shows that thinking.
Don't really care what his motivations were, it is pretty clear that he was obstructing justice to hide the real numbers and it is also clear that he mishandled the situation in a rather massive way.
For those 2 reasons, I do not see why NY would not boot him the first chance they get. It is not as though they have to worry about the party politics of the situation - he will just be replaced by another democrat.
Thats not exactly clear, he ultimately gave the correct data to the DOJ, the controversy was slow walking the sending of the data which I don't think is illegal... so I'm not sure if obstruction is going to stick.
With all due respect, Slade...Cuomo only released the correct data when his State's Attorney General went public that Cuomo had lied about the real numbers. The death toll in nursing homes was 50% higher than Cuomo had claimed!

Lets see who is who.

I don't need a recording...what I need is someone with some journalistic integrity to ask Cuomo to explain why the hospital ship and the four field hospitals all provided by the Federal Government for the people of New York State were then basically ignored by Cuomo's staff while they mandated that patients with Covid be taken back by nursing homes!

Lets see who is who.

With all due respect, Slade...Cuomo only released the correct data when his State's Attorney General went public that Cuomo had lied about the real numbers. The death toll in nursing homes was 50% higher than Cuomo had claimed!
That was categorization, did Cuomo handle how the deaths were categorized? As for overall death numbers those were accurate, none were hidden.

Lets see who is who.

Because he lied to the public. Now, we see he sent thousands to their deaths. He needs to be charged and arrested.

Lets see who is who.

Because he lied to the public. Now, we see he sent thousands to their deaths. He needs to be charged and arrested.
You think he got popular because people like being lied to? That makes no sense

Lets see who is who.

They love their lies coming from one of their own progs. Hypocrites.

When any politician gets overwhelming positive coverage from the majority of the media rather it is justified or not the usual result is what they do will be seen in a positive light by the public.

Lets see who is who.

They love their lies coming from one of their own progs. Hypocrites.
Whatever you say dude.

Lets see who is who.

I'm not a right winger anymore than I'm a left winger. That's my opinion, you are free to make up your own mind on that. I don't mind.

Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

Because the public there and elsewhere didn't ask the right questions, or expect that those answers would be wrong in anyway. They just trusted him.

Lets see who is who.

How can you hold that idea and the idea that he was not playing politics in the beginning?
What makes you think I’m holding the idea that he wasn’t playing politics?! I don’t know all the ins and outs of the operation so right now I’m listening to questions and explanations. I’d like the question about the ship to be asked. Perhaps they thought the medical wards of the nursing homes where equipped like hospitals and able to separate the sick from the general population and going back to their home facility was a better more comfortable place for the elderly. I don’t know. But I’m paying attention
He played politics at the end. Not at the beginning when he was complimenting Trump for sending the ship and resources to set up more beds. When the ventilator situation got botched and states had to battle and outbid each other then he got critical of Trump.
You apparently did not understand what I was speaking to. It was the actual topic of the OP which had to do with the elements of style and messaging that contributed to his rise in popularity.

You clearly stated he was not playing politics in the beginning.... :eusa_eh:

Lets see who is who.

That was categorization, did Cuomo handle how the deaths were categorized? As for overall death numbers those were accurate, none were hidden.

Come on, Slade! How can you say none were hidden? Cuomo fudged the numbers. Instead of counting those who contracted the virus in a nursing home and subsequently got so ill they needed to be sent to a hospital where they died as a nursing home death, Cuomo counted them as a general population death and he did so solely to hide how many people got Covid and died in New York nursing homes as a result of his policies! You know as well as I do that Cuomo hid that number from the media. He was in the midst of selling his book deal and accepting his Emmy! The last thing he wanted to see was an accurate accounting of how many thousands of people he just killed!

Lets see who is who.

I'm not a right winger anymore than I'm a left winger. That's my opinion, you are free to make up your own mind on that. I don't mind.

Why did the public gravitate in such a positive way to Gov Cuomo during the early stages of the pandemic?

Because the public there and elsewhere didn't ask the right questions, or expect that those answers would be wrong in anyway. They just trusted him.
What was it that he did or said that earned that trust?. Do you think Trump had anything to do with it?

Forum List

Back