Rick Perry's Chances Of Being Elected President..Going Up In Flames!

Bonnified idiot thread. Fires are earths way of replenishing itself. It's natural for the most part and it happens every year. And no amount of firefighters are going to put out wildfires in dry dusty areas. When I was growing up in Colorado there were wild fires at least every other year and that was without a drought.

You blaming Perry is as dumb as anyone that blamed Obama for the results of the last two tropical storms. Deal with reality dumb Fuck.

You and Krusty Frank can go fuck yourselves. The map I saw was so full of fires that it looked like it had to be a joke. Of course it is NOT FUNNY. It is tragic and more tragic is Perry's lack of action in response to these fires.

Bottom line is that he has failed miserably in his duty to protect the people of Texass. Neither you or that idiot Krusty Frank can tell me that with enough resources applied these fires would not ALL BE PUT OUT!!!
Have you ever been in a wind fueled fire, with plenty of dry fuel to burn, Huggy?

We have. We lost our first home in Malibu a few years back.......There is very little that can be done. You are at the mercy of the winds, completely. You don't just hold up your arms and block it. You just don't scream at it to stop.....It's going to jump, and keep on jumping until the wind subsides. There is very little massive amounts of water and firefighters can do......Just think of it as trying to chase a piece of paper in a windstorm.

Bullshit! You obviously do not know what a "massive" response is. Your pussy ass malibu sage brush hillside is a putting green compared to the mountains of the Cascades. I guarantee your little puffs of wind are NOTHING compared to the winds that FUCKING HOWL through the mountains in my neck of the woods.
You're fucking laughable. Little puffs of wind?.....You have no idea the damage Santa Ana's cause.......30-75 mile an hour sustained gusts, on top of the fires creating their own weather. Yeah, if it was so fucking easy, as you so comically try to infer, homes would never be lost, and fires would be put out in seconds.

And in this post, you're talking about wind fueled prarie fires. Open space where the winds howel like big dogs......There is no such thing as creating fire breaks in a wind fueled fire, particularly Prarie fires.

So Huggy, next time you see heavy winds up in that liberal shithole, toss a piece of paper in the air, and go catch it. In fact, try pouring water on it as you're chasing it, and get back to me.

yall are taking pleasure in 1000 homes lost......come on.....texas is in the middle of a drought a historical drought and now fires.....
Yeah......we'll put some Africans right-on-that-one....for you....seeing-as-how they're more.....

126715-worst-drought-of-africa-in-60-years.jpg

"There was an even more sobering way to frame climate change — as a security threat. For half a century, forward-looking military officers had considered with increasing concern what global warming might mean in their area of responsibility. They would surely be called upon, for example, if weather disasters multiplied. In 2003, defense intellectuals in the Pentagon commissioned a report on "An Abrupt Climate Change Scenario and its Implications for United States National Security." As reported in a leak to the press, the authors warned of a risk that "mega-droughts, famine and widespread rioting will erupt across the world.... abrupt climate change could bring the planet to the edge of anarchy as countries develop a nuclear threat to defend and secure dwindling food, water and energy supplies." The authors concluded that "the threat to global stability vastly eclipses that of terrorism." The report was strikingly similar to the CIA report prepared three decades before."

(Fuck Texas.)​

is this another "Perry should control nature" threads?

Ya...funny how that works. We have fires here in Washington every year in some of the most difficult terrain imaginable...not some pussy ass flat land scrub brush but high up in steep mountains thousands of feet up and many many miles from roads...

SOMEHOW we manage to put em all out!

Go figure..

Are you seriously comparing the fires in one of the coolest, wettest states in the nation to fires in a drought-ridden, wind-whipped state with some of the driest, hottest weather in the country? Seriously?

I've lived in California most of my life. I've seen fires rip through entire subdivisions in mere hours, even with thousands of firefighters, water choppers, and retardant tankers working feverishly. Yeah, we have mountain fires nearly every year that take thousands of acres. Thing is, there are very few people living there. When wind-whipped wild fires are pushed by near 0 humidity through populated areas, hundreds or thousands of homes are lost in the blink of an eye. People die.

This kind of disaster isn't something to use gleefully, as a partisian snipe. It's people's lives being ruined. Shame on you. :(

You and Krusty Frank can go fuck yourselves. The map I saw was so full of fires that it looked like it had to be a joke. Of course it is NOT FUNNY. It is tragic and more tragic is Perry's lack of action in response to these fires.

Bottom line is that he has failed miserably in his duty to protect the people of Texass. Neither you or that idiot Krusty Frank can tell me that with enough resources applied these fires would not ALL BE PUT OUT!!!
Have you ever been in a wind fueled fire, with plenty of dry fuel to burn, Huggy?

We have. We lost our first home in Malibu a few years back.......There is very little that can be done. You are at the mercy of the winds, completely. You don't just hold up your arms and block it. You just don't scream at it to stop.....It's going to jump, and keep on jumping until the wind subsides. There is very little massive amounts of water and firefighters can do......Just think of it as trying to chase a piece of paper in a windstorm.

Bullshit! You obviously do not know what a "massive" response is. Your pussy ass malibu sage brush hillside is a putting green compared to the mountains of the Cascades. I guarantee your little puffs of wind are NOTHING compared to the winds that FUCKING HOWL through the mountains in my neck of the woods.
BTW Huggie, California, particularly Southern California has the best disaster response in the nation.......In a wind fueled fire such as those we experienced, all they can do is try to protect homes the best they can......Usually, it becomes futile when you can't get water droppers into the air due to the wind gust dangers.

The fires were 6 miles away from us, near Kanan Dume. We thought our home would be just fine. It looked like the fire was heading in a different direction. In fact, most of us were contemplating going back to our homes. All we were waiting for was the SD to reopen the road down into our canyon...20 minutes later our canyon erupted after the winds completely shifted and carried embers over a six mile stretch to the bottom of the canyon. The entire canyon went up like a bomb. We watched our home from the top of the mountains, and many others literally combust from heat right before our very eyes.

I love it when people who have no clue what the fuck they are talking about, run off at the mouth.

BTW Huggie, California, particularly Southern California has the best disaster response in the nation.......In a wind fueled fire such as those we experienced, all they can do is try to protect homes the best they can......Usually, it becomes futile when you can't get water droppers into the air due to the wind gust dangers.

The fires were 6 miles away from us, near Kanan Dume. We thought our home would be just fine. It looked like the fire was heading in a different direction. In fact, most of us were contemplating going back to our homes. All we were waiting for was the SD to reopen the road down into our canyon...20 minutes later our canyon erupted after the winds completely shifted and carried embers over a six mile stretch to the bottom of the canyon. The entire canyon went up like a bomb. We watched our home from the top of the mountains, and many others literally combust from heat right before our very eyes.

I love it when people who have no clue what the fuck they are talking about, run off at the mouth.

You lost your home? OMG, I'm so very, very sorry. My sincere condolences for your loss. :(

When I saw the news reports about the raging fires in Texas which have burned hundreds of homes and killed 4 people at last count (including a young woman and her infant child), I thought that SURELY Rick Perry would cancel his appearance at the first debate after labor day. I mean, after ALL, he's ahead in the polls, and it's still early. Even the PR of Perry putting the welfare of his state and its citizens ahead of his ambition couldn't do anything other than make him look good.

But I guess that Perry cares more about being in the spotlight. I hope one of the other candidates mentions this in the debate tonight if Perry actually shows up.

Perry, who cut short his campaign appearances earlier this week to deal with wildfires raging in Texas, flew to California for the debate even though the flames weren't extinguished.

News from The Associated Press

is this another "Perry should control nature" threads?

Ya...funny how that works. We have fires here in Washington every year in some of the most difficult terrain imaginable...not some pussy ass flat land scrub brush but high up in steep mountains thousands of feet up and many many miles from roads...

SOMEHOW we manage to put em all out!

Go figure..

Just get Starbucks to throw some coffee on them, you'll be fine.

When I saw the news reports about the raging fires in Texas which have burned hundreds of homes and killed 4 people at last count (including a young woman and her infant child), I thought that SURELY Rick Perry would cancel his appearance at the first debate after labor day. I mean, after ALL, he's ahead in the polls, and it's still early. Even the PR of Perry putting the welfare of his state and its citizens ahead of his ambition couldn't do anything other than make him look good.

But I guess that Perry cares more about being in the spotlight. I hope one of the other candidates mentions this in the debate tonight if Perry actually shows up.

Perry, who cut short his campaign appearances earlier this week to deal with wildfires raging in Texas, flew to California for the debate even though the flames weren't extinguished.

News from The Associated Press

He'd have gained more points staying home, is my guess.

Do liberals understand mother nature? Threads like these make those of you posting in it look completely clueless.

And by the way most wild fires burn themselves out naturally when the conditions and fuel expire. All we can typically do is "try" to contain it.

Every lib in here blaming Perry should just be automatically put on ignore by everyone else. The amount of sheer stupidity and partisanship at any cost proves you have no intention to debate ideas with any logic or thought out ideas.

:lol:

Gee thanks Mustang...Now I'm going to miss the debate... giving out rep to all the posters that predicted this thread. :mad:

And by the way what the Fuck do you expect him to do? Put on a firemans uniform and storm the frontline with garden hoses?

Remember when OUR ENTIRE ECONOMY COLLAPSED during the last election cycle. One man returned to congress while the other mocked him for it. Typical liberals trying to have it both ways.

Idiots, the lot of ya.

Didn't we have a thread not two days ago where Perry had announced he was skipping the debate to go back to TX and the left here was screaming about how he was just ducking the debate? Didn't those who supported Perry point out that if he had made the opposite decision Perry would be vilified for attending the debate while his state burned?

I hereby state that any criticism of Perry from the known liebturds on this site is automatically invalid because ANYTHING he does will be criticized.

And by the way what the Fuck do you expect him to do? Put on a firemans uniform and storm the frontline with garden hoses?

Remember when OUR ENTIRE ECONOMY COLLAPSED during the last election cycle. One man returned to congress while the other mocked him for it. Typical liberals trying to have it both ways.

Idiots, the lot of ya.

I expect ALL public officials, elected or appointed, to take their responsibilities seriously and place the immediate needs of their citizens ahead of their personal ambitions.

Frankly, if this behavior is a glimpse into the mind and the priorities of Rick Perry, I would say GOP primary voters should consider it a disqualification for higher office.

Forum List

Back