Richard Sherman: Thug is the New Ni66a

When a black guy acts like the stereotypical angry black man, he's going to get called names like thug. Black guys that don't act this way don't get called thugs. Is it code for "******"? Who cares, just don't be a jackass and this can be avoided. Besides, im guessing any moron that goes around calling people ******* doesn't care about what behavior they are displaying; they only care about their black skin color, so even well behaved black people suck to them.

I understand angry acting Black men frighten you. I already stated that. What I am wondering is how that turns that Black man into a violent criminal? Thats what thug means.

How could I be afraid of a man I will never meet? You need to apply more logic to your posts. :lol:

He hasn't had ANY logic to his posts. They make no sense whatsoever. There's no reason to be afraid of some jerk yelling at a camera, whether you see him on TV or you are right there with him. If the people there would have done it right, they would have told him, >> "Shut the hell up you idiot!" And there's no reason for this to ever have been a story on news shows or the internet. So some guy loses it, and makes a fool out of himself on national TV. This is supposed to be news ? And then even dumber idiots who turn it into a news story (for whatever reason), make it even dumber by adding a racial slant to it (for another unknown reason) :lol:

What a fiasco. The dumb feeding off the dumb.

Last edited:
Did a single white person indicate to you that he/she was frightened by Sherman's silly rant ? :lol: Amazing that this dopey thing is even being talked about.

Yes they did. Why do you ask?

Doesn't make sense. Why would anybody (of any color) be frightened, just because some nitwit throws a tantrum, yelling into a TV camera ??? ...... :confused: ........ I don't believe it.

Thats the entire point. This guy graduated top of his class, top athelete, never been in trouble but gets called a thug? You're right, racism doesnt make sense

When a black guy acts like the stereotypical angry black man, he's going to get called names like thug. Black guys that don't act this way don't get called thugs. Is it code for "******"? Who cares, just don't be a jackass and this can be avoided. Besides, im guessing any moron that goes around calling people ******* doesn't care about what behavior they are displaying; they only care about their black skin color, so even well behaved black people suck to them.

Once again showing that blacks cant even show emotions without racists determining that he is a stereotype.

Thug is code for the n word. Thats why you call a professional athlete with no record a thug but the word thug was never applied to Incognito who bullied his team mate. Cause he was white.

Justin Beiber just got arrested and hes a misguided kid. Not a thug. Even if a thug has trouble with the law he's not....because...white.

Is it code for the n word? Your answer: Who cares?

The answer is I care because thats the topic and you care because you just typed that paragraph

Yes they did. Why do you ask?

Doesn't make sense. Why would anybody (of any color) be frightened, just because some nitwit throws a tantrum, yelling into a TV camera ??? ...... :confused: ........ I don't believe it.

Thats the entire point. This guy graduated top of his class, top athelete, never been in trouble but gets called a thug? You're right, racism doesnt make sense

English football has whole teams and entire fans called goons and thugs, it is the behavior, not the skin color. Outside of Seattle, not to many knew of Sherman, let alone knew he was from Stanford. America responded to a dumb shit screaming into the camera. He acted like an idiot, people responded, not to race but to his child like behavior, I'm sure all highly educated, Stanford grads would get that.

Once again showing that blacks cant even show emotions without racists determining that he is a stereotype.

Thug is code for the n word. Thats why you call a professional athlete with no record a thug but the word thug was never applied to Incognito who bullied his team mate. Cause he was white.

Justin Beiber just got arrested and hes a misguided kid. Not a thug. Even if a thug has trouble with the law he's not....because...white.

Is it code for the n word? Your answer: Who cares?

The answer is I care because thats the topic and you care because you just typed that paragraph

Bibber is egging homes, doing drugs drag racing, his behavior is thuggish. IMHO.

I understand angry acting Black men frighten you. I already stated that. What I am wondering is how that turns that Black man into a violent criminal? Thats what thug means.

How could I be afraid of a man I will never meet? You need to apply more logic to your posts. :lol:

I dont know. All I know is that you support calling him a thug. Thats not logically nor is it intelligent. Do you own a dictionary?

He hasn't had ANY logic to his posts. They make no sense whatsoever. There's no reason to be afraid of some jerk yelling at a camera, whether you see him on TV or you are right there with him. If the people there would have done it right, they would have told him, >> "Shut the hell up you idiot!" And there's no reason for this to ever have been a story on news shows or the internet. So some guy loses it, and makes a fool out of himself on national TV. This is supposed to be news ? And then even dumber idiots who turn it into a news story (for whatever reason), make it even dumber by adding a racial slant to it (for another unknown reason) :lol:

I agree there is no reason to call him a thug but yet instill people did it. Some told me he was frightening. How does my post not make sense if thats what some white people told me? Just admit a riled up Black man intimidates you weak hearted white guys.

I dont know. All I know is that you support calling him a thug. Thats not logically nor is it intelligent. Do you own a dictionary?

The words we label people with are often innacurate. Take for example how people like to refer to their political opponents as Nazis, or when you call your buddy a fag for spilling his beer on you. Sorry, but black people dont get a pass from this phenomenon.

Just admit a riled up Black man intimidates you weak hearted white guys.

No, we are not intimidated, we are annoyed, but what is it with your fascination with black men scaring white people and why do you consider that a positive thing? You see, this is a direct result of the impact that your inferior black culture had on you. You are impressed by negative things.

The words we label people with are often innacurate. Take for example how people like to refer to their political opponents as Nazis, or when you call your buddy a fag for spilling his beer on you. Sorry, but black people dont get a pass from this phenomenon.

If you understand that it is inaccurate why would you argue against someone pointing out that he is not a thug? If did it and someone pointed out I misused the word I would correct myself. I'm not asking for a pass. I was agreeing that caling a Black person a thug appears to be the new code for the n word. Why does that bother you?

No, we are not intimidated, we are annoyed, but what is it with your fascination with black men scaring white people and why do you consider that a positive thing? You see, this is a direct result of the impact that your inferior black culture had on you. You are impressed by negative things.

Yes you are intimidated. I already told you it has been admitted by people that are more secure in their manhood and able to admit it. My fascination is with why it frightens you. What is frightening exactly about it? No one seems to be able to tell me. What makes you think I am impressed by negative things? That something that some of the white people seem to hold in high regard. They think wiping out entire civilizations is something cool.

Last edited:

Yes you are intimidated. I already told you it has been admitted by people that are more secure in their manhood and able to admit it. My fascination is with why it frightens you. What is frightening exactly about it? No one seems to be able to tell me. What makes you think I am impressed by negative things? That something that some of the white people seem to hold in high regard. They think wiping out entire civilizations is something cool.

Your desperate need for white people to be afraid of black people is pathetic and weird. Youre a loser because you are a product of your loser culture, and you are jealous of white people. You wish your community was half as productive as my community. We are successful and happy, while you guys are a bunch of miserable bums. We run the show while you feed off the scraps we give you out of pity. Simply put, we are better than you because our culture is superior. :lol:

Last edited:
Thoughts?

Everyone sees through the bullshit now a days. White people are quick to be scared by a black man and that intimidation is enough to label him a "thug" but what they want to say is the N-word.

thug
THəg/Submit
noun
a violent person, esp. a criminal.

Meanwhile, like Sherman pointed out. All he did was say things. In Hockey when you beat someones teeth out (while white) you get applauded all day. Look at Incognito. Not one time did anyone call him a thug. Even tho his behavior was Thuggish.

Then add in the fact that you want all these Alpha males on the field but you want them to act like politicians? Huh?

Whats your thoughts?

I would call this speech policing. If you don't want to be called a certain name you simply stigmatize the word so as to make it sound as though those who use it are racists. Thus, you have taken the word, no matter how accurate it may have been, out of the vocabulary of otherwise reasonable people. I guess the PC police have another weapon so as to beat people over the head with. This is not unlike the "chink in the armor" comment made a few years back. Jeremy Lin headline slur was ?honest mistake,? fired ESPN editor Anthony Federico claims* - NY Daily News

Your desperate need for white people to be afraid of black people is pathetic and weird. Youre a loser because you are a product of your loser culture, and you are jealous of white people. You wish your community was half as productive as my community. We are successful and happy, while you guys are a bunch of miserable bums. We run the show while you feed off the scraps we give you out of pity. Simply put, we are better than you because our culture is superior. :lol:

Why do you think I need for white people to be afraid of Black people? To me it seems that whites like yourself react violently to fear. I'm specifically curious about those that are in fact afraid like yourself. My community gave your community everything it has. You cant go 2 minutes before you see or hear something on a commercial stolen from Black culture. You can never get around the fact that everything you have achieved was based on the knowledge developed By Africans, taught to Europeans, lost by Europeans, and then retaught. You had no culture, unless you count cannibalism, until we gave you the basis of one. The difference is that you turned it into one of exclusion and advancement at the expense of other cultures. Now your entire survival depends on ruthlessly exterminating and exploiting the resources of the one that gave you culture. You will fail at that as well even though you try. Why in the world would I be jealous of a culture based off an inferiority complex? :lol:

Last edited:

I agree there is no reason to call him a thug but yet instill people did it. Some told me he was frightening. How does my post not make sense if thats what some white people told me? Just admit a riled up Black man intimidates you weak hearted white guys.

EARTH TO ASCLEPIAS: Millions of white guys have served in the military and fought in wars, dodged bombs & bullets, jumped out of planes from 10,000 ft, fought against enemy fighter jets in the air, and took on everything from Japanese Kamikaze planes ramming into their ships, to booby traps in Vietnam, to IEDs in Afghanistan. And you call them weak hearted, right ? HA HA HA!!
Well, I guess I call you weak-minded. A riled up black man is just another riled up somebody somewhere. When I think of intimidation, I recall back to the North Vietnamese lieutenants I interrogated, who would rip the skin off your face with a bayonet, curl it into a ball, and shove it down your throat, just for the hell of it. Next to them, your riled up black man looks like a 2 week old kitten. :lol:

Last edited:
Thoughts?

Everyone sees through the bullshit now a days. White people are quick to be scared by a black man and that intimidation is enough to label him a "thug" but what they want to say is the N-word.

thug
THəg/Submit
noun
a violent person, esp. a criminal.

Meanwhile, like Sherman pointed out. All he did was say things. In Hockey when you beat someones teeth out (while white) you get applauded all day. Look at Incognito. Not one time did anyone call him a thug. Even tho his behavior was Thuggish.

Then add in the fact that you want all these Alpha males on the field but you want them to act like politicians? Huh?

Whats your thoughts?

My thoughts? He's kind of cute. As far as intimidating, isn't that what athletes in pro-football are shooting for? As far as the black-thug racism thing, that's rather dicey.

Last edited:

EARTH TO ASCLEPIAS: Millions of white guys have served in the military and fought in wars, dodged bombs & bullets, jumped out of planes from 10,000 ft, fought against enemy fighter jets in the air, and took on everything from Japanese Kamikaze planes ramming into their ships, to booby traps in Vietnam, to IEDs in Afghanistan. And you call them weak hearted, right ? HA HA HA!!

Well, I guess I call you weak-minded. A riled up black man is just another riled up somebody somewhere. When I think of intimidation, I recall back to the North Vietnamese lieutenants I interrogated, who would rip the skin off your face with a bayonet, curl it into a ball, and shove it down your throat, just for the hell of it. Next to them, your riled up black man looks like a 2 week old kitten. :lol:

You are trying entirely too hard to pretend you are not afraid. Dont get your panties in a bunch. I'm talking about scary white guys like you and good boy. I know some white guys that are not afraid of anything but they seem to be few and far between. Most of the ones I seem to meet are easily intimidated.

‘To Those Who Would Call Me a Thug or Worse …’

I show passion on the football field—but that’s only a small part of who I am. If you want to judge me, I can handle it.

Here’s what happened …

I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a BS holding call against me; the second ended the game. Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.

Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.”

Richard Sherman explains the Crabtree incident and postgame interview | The MMQB with Peter King

He's far too introspective to be even close to thuggish. It was a moment and he's not taking the issue any further. Call it a learning experience for the guy, he deserves respect.

There are code words these days and as he honestly expressed in a calm and healthy way, thug could be one of these.

‘To Those Who Would Call Me a Thug or Worse …’

I show passion on the football field—but that’s only a small part of who I am. If you want to judge me, I can handle it.

Here’s what happened …

I spent most of the game on an island: I was targeted only twice during the entire NFC Championship. The first produced a BS holding call against me; the second ended the game. Michael Crabtree stutter-stepped out of his break on first down and sprinted toward the end zone. I was in good position for a pick until he pushed me in the back. My interception became a tip and an interception for Malcolm Smith in the end zone.

Game over. The Seahawks are in the Super Bowl.

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.

“It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.”

Richard Sherman explains the Crabtree incident and postgame interview | The MMQB with Peter King

He's far too introspective to be even close to thuggish. It was a moment and he's not taking the issue any further. Call it a learning experience for the guy, he deserves respect.

There are code words these days and as he honestly expressed in a calm and healthy way, thug could be one of these.

It was a moment and they stuck a mike in his face, no big deal. Is thug a code for a word in this case? Nah...it just gets more attention this way.

White people aren't afraid of black people. It's much worse than that. White people are suspicious of black people who are proving to be untrustworthy. This isn't racism. It is prejudice. Black people are being prejudged as violent thugs, ruffians, hooligans, savages and barbarians. There are just too many who are and that prejudice is spilling over to those who aren't.

Forum List

Back