Richard Sherman Thinks Houston Players Should Sit Out Game.....I Hope They Do

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium.

Oh fucking BULLSHIT.

TV ratings for all sports have been plummeting. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey, even NASCAR, which admittedly is not a sport. And those are the only ones I looked up. Five for five, as we say in baseball.

Only a moron would not be able to figure out why that is ---- here's a hint, I follow ever day of the baseball season, and yet I don't even own a TV. I can watch every game, and will never show up in TV ratings. I don't own a TV, because I don't NEED one.

Figure it out.

And the stadia, outside of the redundant "Los Angeles Chargers" :rolleyes: are filled.

Nba ratings are actually up

Imagine there's something in the standard NFL contract language that addresses a healthy player who simply refuses to play for any reason other perhaps than dangerous field/weather conditions.

Wonder if such action constitutes breach of contract? Oopsy...
They could always go on strike.....but then again they wouldn't get paid.
Are their principles strong enough and righteous enough to risk being broke?

I don't think so.
Juiced-Up Jungle Jocks

These predatory and vicious wannabe copkillers have nothing as moral as a principle. They extend their savage-beast behavior by insulting our flag, proving there's no need to bend over backward for them anymore. There never was.

Let them salute Somalia's flag. Bloodthirsty pirates and genocidal warlords are more appropriate for the role of these spoiled demanding brats' Founding Fathers.

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium. Now Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks wants Houston Texan players to boycott their next game. Problem is, none of them has a guaranteed contract so sitting out the game means they'll take a pay cut, and he says that can't happen. How are they gonna pay for their mansions and their Bentleys if they are being paid?

I think best way to help these players learn to appreciate their fortunate situation is make them unemployed. They may eventually cause that anyway after the NFL folds because of a lack of fans.

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

Now this is what NFL players call oppression in America

super-bowl-homes-richard-sherman-zillow-2.jpg

Richard Sherman thinks Texans players would boycott game if contracts were guaranteed

Screen-Shot-2013-05-11-at-11.12.14-AM.jpg

00k0k_cqbu202ixiy_600x450.jpg

There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL and Richard Sherman thinks that's the only thing keeping Texans players from boycotting Sunday's game in Seattle.

"Oh, yeah, those guys would probably sit this game out," Sherman told reporters Friday, via the Tacoma News Tribune.

After Texans owner Bob McNair mangled a figure of speech and referred to NFL players as prison inmates, he faced immediate backlash and later issued an apology.

McNair was quoted in a lengthy ESPN article, speaking at the Oct. 17 NFL owners meetings about protests during the national anthem.

"We can't have the inmates running the prison," he said, a malapropism of the idiom, "the inmates are running the asylum."

McNair issued a statement Friday, saying he regretted using that expression.

"I never meant to offend anyone and I was not referring to our players," McNair's statement said. "I used a figure of speech that was never intended to be taken literally. I would never characterize our players or our league that way and I apologize to anyone who was offended by it."

Sherman was among the NFL players who immediately reacted to McNair's comment, saying he appreciated the 79-year-old owner showing his "true colors."

"I appreciate when people like that show who they really are," Sherman said Friday. "More people in the world have to be that kind and that open about how they really feel so you can identify them—and make sure you stay away from those kind of people, and keep those people out of power.

Why is it that a millionaire business man would be praised and bent over backwards for, citing what must be extremely hard work, skill, and all the good stuff.....but when we talk about NFL players... Professional athletes that have worked their ass off since high school or earlier to attain peak physical and mental condition for their sport. They've competed and won out over 100ks of other highschool athletes. They've sacrificed their bodies as well as other aspects of their lives including now their post football years to extreme health problems. They've done this to reach the top and basically win in their profession. They deserve what they earn for their hard work and not just that but the market has supported it.

And yet here you are a bigoted pos tearing them down. What do you have against the American dream, man?

Where is the bigotry?

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium.

Oh fucking BULLSHIT.

TV ratings for all sports have been plummeting. Baseball, football, basketball, hockey, even NASCAR, which admittedly is not a sport. And those are the only ones I looked up. Five for five, as we say in baseball.

Only a moron would not be able to figure out why that is ---- here's a hint, I follow ever day of the baseball season, and yet I don't even own a TV. I can watch every game, and will never show up in TV ratings. I don't own a TV, because I don't NEED one.

Figure it out.

And the stadia, outside of the redundant "Los Angeles Chargers" :rolleyes: are filled.

Up from all-time lows?

How much are they up from the 90s?

Back when Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson were playing....back when America gave a fuck,

Nothing pisses off NFL fans more than a bunch of spoiled millionaires complaining about how mistreated they are. The protests have cut TV ratings 31% and most games are not even selling half of the stadium. Now Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks wants Houston Texan players to boycott their next game. Problem is, none of them has a guaranteed contract so sitting out the game means they'll take a pay cut, and he says that can't happen. How are they gonna pay for their mansions and their Bentleys if they are being paid?

I think best way to help these players learn to appreciate their fortunate situation is make them unemployed. They may eventually cause that anyway after the NFL folds because of a lack of fans.

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

Richard Sherman thinks Texans players would boycott game if contracts were guaranteed

There are no guaranteed contracts in the NFL and Richard Sherman thinks that's the only thing keeping Texans players from boycotting Sunday's game in Seattle.

"Oh, yeah, those guys would probably sit this game out," Sherman told reporters Friday, via the Tacoma News Tribune.

After Texans owner Bob McNair mangled a figure of speech and referred to NFL players as prison inmates, he faced immediate backlash and later issued an apology.

McNair was quoted in a lengthy ESPN article, speaking at the Oct. 17 NFL owners meetings about protests during the national anthem.

"We can't have the inmates running the prison," he said, a malapropism of the idiom, "the inmates are running the asylum."

"I never meant to offend anyone and I was not referring to our players," McNair's statement said. "I used a figure of speech that was never intended to be taken literally. I would never characterize our players or our league that way and I apologize to anyone who was offended by it."

Sherman was among the NFL players who immediately reacted to McNair's comment, saying he appreciated the 79-year-old owner showing his "true colors."

"I appreciate when people like that show who they really are," Sherman said Friday. "More people in the world have to be that kind and that open about how they really feel so you can identify them—and make sure you stay away from those kind of people, and keep those people out of power.

Why is it that a millionaire business man would be praised and bent over backwards for, citing what must be extremely hard work, skill, and all the good stuff.....but when we talk about NFL players... Professional athletes that have worked their ass off since high school or earlier to attain peak physical and mental condition for their sport. They've competed and won out over 100ks of other highschool athletes. They've sacrificed their bodies as well as other aspects of their lives including now their post football years to extreme health problems. They've done this to reach the top and basically win in their profession. They deserve what they earn for their hard work and not just that but the market has supported it.

And yet here you are a bigoted pos tearing them down. What do you have against the American dream, man?

Where is the bigotry?
It's all over MSNBC and CNN.

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

Where is the bigotry?
I'm sorry. Straight up racist might be the right word. I've seen here and many places a cool yet unjustifiable hatred for the accomplishments of NFL players. And like I've shown above, success in other businesses is praised but somehow people who work their asses off in the NFL are ungrateful lazy undeserving. It's all a thin veil for the real sentiment held against the players, which there is no other good reason for but racism or bigotry.

Oh fucking BULLSHIT.

Figure it out.

Local NBA Ratings Drop Substantially During 2016-17 Season

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

The players in their position are trying to bring light to opppression not necessarily of themselves but against all black people. How can you be so dense and rotten to the core that you say they are being selfish and it's only oppression of themselves. Yours is an awful argument. I give it a 1 of 10. I suggest you build some integrity. You can start with listening word for word to what one of these players said instead of being a brainwashed bigot and telling them what they said sourced from your propaganda site.

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

I played college football.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I wasn't born with some of the gifts many of these players have. I wasn't able to run a 4.3 40. If I had I would have made it to the NFL. Instead I became a Green Beret. Playing football was easy compared to that. If you ever watched an NFL practice you'd discover that all of the hitting that used to go on in High School and College is pretty much gone. They hit dummies now. And when it comes to classes, most of these players never have to take on any difficult studies. Most of them have tutors.
Football players basically workout for a living.
I would have loved to workout for a living.
You are doing it just like everyone else. Training to be in top...and I mean absolute top physical and mental condition is something. But here you are saying it's nothing. I'm not comparing it to the military. I'm saying it's a competition and the ones making the bug money were not handed it. They worked for it. To come out and say they didnt. They were handed the money. They are undeserving of salaries that are set by the market. That would be an extension of the toxic and misguided attitudes against welfare. You and the right are trying to paint them a certain way so it's easier for yourselves and others to demonize them. It's common and It's disgusting. It's likely the same thing they are protesting.

You can say you think they are overpaid, but it's the market. You can say they changed drills, but here you are not making the millions and the ones that won are. I'm wondering now if you are actually against competition?

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

I played college football.
I don't think you know what you're talking about. I wasn't born with some of the gifts many of these players have. I wasn't able to run a 4.3 40. If I had I would have made it to the NFL. Instead I became a Green Beret. Playing football was easy compared to that. If you ever watched an NFL practice you'd discover that all of the hitting that used to go on in High School and College is pretty much gone. They hit dummies now. And when it comes to classes, most of these players never have to take on any difficult studies. Most of them have tutors.
Football players basically workout for a living.
I would have loved to workout for a living.
Also, how the fuck do you think people get faster? They train hard all the time. Some have an advantage and it comes easier but it's still work. But those that have a disadvantage they have to work even harder if they want to succeed there. Tell me I'm wrong. I played football and rugby. Success is a result of hard work and discipline.

Oh fucking BULLSHIT.

Figure it out.

Local NBA Ratings Drop Substantially During 2016-17 Season

In the playoffs they were up, and this year so far they are up

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

Where is the bigotry?
I'm sorry. Straight up racist might be the right word. I've seen here and many places a cool yet unjustifiable hatred for the accomplishments of NFL players. And like I've shown above, success in other businesses is praised but somehow people who work their asses off in the NFL are ungrateful lazy undeserving. It's all a thin veil for the real sentiment held against the players, which there is no other good reason for but racism or bigotry.

Your post is the most racist one I have seen in a while.

You do realize that there are players of practically every race in the NFL.

The problem is not racism for a hatred of the hypocrisy shown by these players who refuse to stand for the National Anthem because of the "oppression" in America.

Colin Kaepernick is the most hypocritical person I have ever seen. His birth mother is white, as are his adoptive parents. I guess he would have been better off if his mother had an abortion, or the people
that adopted him decided not to do so because he was mixed race. He cannot relate to oppression of minorities in this nation.

The only time he was ever oppressed was when he was cut and that is because as a QB he sucked and not because he is half-black.

Oh fucking BULLSHIT.

Figure it out.

Up from all-time lows?

How much are they up from the 90s?

Back when Larry Bird, Michael Jordan, and Magic Johnson were playing....back when America gave a fuck,

Not sure about that

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

The players in their position are trying to bring light to opppression not necessarily of themselves but against all black people. How can you be so dense and rotten to the core that you say they are being selfish and it's only oppression of themselves. Yours is an awful argument. I give it a 1 of 10. I suggest you build some integrity. You can start with listening word for word to what one of these players said instead of being a brainwashed bigot and telling them what they said sourced from your propaganda site.

Who is oppressing black people? Last I checked, they were oppressing themselves, killing each other off in places like Chicago for example.

Listening word for word? They haven't said anything that has any semblance to reality. How do you listen to a clenched fist or someone taking a knee and disrespecting our nation? Kaepernick's response to all of the hulabaloo he caused was to say that if they gave him a job he would stand. Can you be any more two-faced when you abandon your cause for personal gain?

BTW, which propaganda site are you getting your information from, because I don't have one.

I have no problem with black players protesting about their oppressions, real or imagined. When the season is over, or you have a day off, go lead a protest march! Take to the airwaves and complain about this so-called oppression that many of them blame on white cops shooting black men if they think it is worth their time. You just do not win friends and influence people by staging a political stunt by showing disrespect to our nation.

They could always go on strike.....but then again they wouldn't get paid.
Are their principles strong enough and righteous enough to risk being broke?

I don't think so.
How long did the last baseball strike go on for by the way? I was still a kid at the time and so I don't remember all that much about it.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
I remember it.....and I stopped watching baseball and never went back.

Yep. Which strike? Big one in 94' cancelled the WS and killed the Astros (great record) and maybe the Montreal Expos too (later moved).

I also quit on MLB then but got sucked back in by ~2001 watching only on free TV games.

Last edited:

gate-33f1c9-573x430.jpg

Where is the bigotry?
thats called criticism....big difference....and if the players cant handle it,that says something about them....

I actually agree with Richard Sherman. I wouldn't be happy either if my employer referred to me as a "prison inmate". My guess is the Texans will be a bunch of pussies and just kneel for the anthem in a pathetic gesture of unity. That won't hurt the owner at all. But they will piss off half the fan base who have nothing to do with this. The Texans need to hit the owner in the pocket where it really hurts, and a forfeit would hurt the owner immediately. Of course the players would sacrifice some salary also, but we'll find out how serious they are about making their social justice statement. C'mon Texans, make a real statement and sit out the game. Forget the soft kneeling garbage.

Every year there are about 500 players that are invited to the NFL combine that graduate from college that would be happy to replace them. Overall, there are 20,000 players that would bend over backwards to play on an NFL team at a fraction of the pay. They only need 1600 or so to fill their rosters.
let's do it!

Forum List

Back