FRIGID Game in Kansas City Tonight

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
The NFL gameboys are really going earn their paychecks tonight, at the AFC playoff game in Kansas City, MO. Temperature at kickoff is scheduled to be 5 degrees BELOW ZERO. Wind 15 MPH, gusting to 29 MPH. Should be 31 degrees BELOW ZERO, with the wind chill factor.

By the 3rd quarter (10 PM), temperature will drop to MINUS 8 degrees, wind chill factor MINUS 31.

As bad as this will be for the players (who get some warmth from running around), it will be even worse for the fans who sit still in the audience.
This is a good game to stay home, and watch it on TV. I hope nobody gets seriously injured from the cold, but at the least there's bound to be a lot of flu cases (or worse).

Neg 31. Wow. Kinda kills the passing game. Get ready for some Woody Hayes football in that game. Hand off and student body left or right it what is going to happen.

Run run pass punt,repeat. Yeah team. Go go go. Run run run punt. Run run pass punt. Clock runs and runs In those games. Little actual action. Vegas keep lowering the points expected for those type games.

I’m too lazy to sign up and end up paying every month forever. I got a ton of cable already. Sigh….pleas no more login ID or pasword. I have twent five at work to deal with. At home I would prefer to turn it on and not watch it loading after login. Then stuck on that channel to the end!

The NFL gameboys are really going earn their paychecks tonight, at the AFC playoff game in Kansas City, MO. Temperature at kickoff is scheduled to be 5 degrees BELOW ZERO. Wind 15 MPH, gusting to 29 MPH. Should be 31 degrees BELOW ZERO, with the wind chill factor.

By the 3rd quarter (10 PM), temperature will drop to MINUS 8 degrees, wind chill factor MINUS 31.

As bad as this will be for the players (who get some warmth from running around), it will be even worse for the fans who sit still in the audience.
This is a good game to stay home, and watch it on TV. I hope nobody gets seriously injured from the cold, but at the least there's bound to be a lot of flu cases (or worse).

Most of us won't be watching because a greedy NBC put the game behind their paywall on Peacock and, as a matter of principle, we won't pay the price for a service we don't want to watch the game however disappointing that is.

Maybe it's a bit vindictive or mean spirited but I (and apparently many others) hope the ratings are so low they won't be tempted to engage in such nonsense again.

Most of us won't be watching because a greedy NBC put the game behind their paywall on Peacock and, as a matter of principle, we won't pay the price for a service we don't want to watch the game however disappointing that is.

Maybe it's a bit vindictive or mean spirited but I (and apparently many others) hope the ratings are so low they won't be tempted to engage in such nonsense again.

Friday nights APPL Tv has began taking hot MLB games too. I won’t sign up. in fact I hardly watch my MLB channels any games but playoffs.

Friday nights APPL Tv has began taking hot MLB games too. I won’t sign up. in fact I hardly watch my MLB channels any games but playoffs.
I am outside if I am awake during the summer. All my baseball comes via radio unless I actually go to the game. It has been difficult this year for me to see my Buckeyes and Browns because of all the weird screaming and network bull they do. It is frustrating.

Damn!

I'm wondering if they are worried.....I got a EM from Xfinity that they will do a 90-day trial (Peacock premium) for $2.99.
When Xfinity was offering Peacock at no extra charge on their regular cable lineup we did watch some movies on Peacock but it didn't offer enough to pay extra to do that. So when they went premium, we don't watch Peacock any more.

And we damn sure are not going to reward a greedy NBC by signing up for even a low cost trial. At the very least they could have offered us a free trial without requiring a credit card to get it.

The Cincy San Diego AFC 1982 Champ game was -59 with the wind chill. When the Charges arrived in Cincy the Airport didn't hook up the Jetbridge made them walk outside lol.

The Cincy San Diego AFC 1982 Champ game was -59 with the wind chill. When the Charges arrived in Cincy the Airport didn't hook up the Jetbridge made them walk outside lol.

What made it even worse is that San Diego was a warm area football team.

I thought the game was going to be on NBC (channel 8) just like all playoff games always are. Was watching channel 8 and this Martin Luther King thing came on.
So now we dont get to see NFL playoff games ? Another example of the young people changing things, and f-cking up the country.

Forum List

Back