Resolving NYC's crime problem in the subways- easy peasy

Polishprince

Diamond Member
Jun 8, 2016
Other cities don't have subway crime problems like the Big Apple.

The reason is that other cities encourage people to drive, instead of use public transportation.

Right now, the major problem with implementing this in NY is the incredibly high price of parking in NY. A major project of new parking lots and garages would increase supply and reduce price. If someone is working in NYC nowadays as a starbucks barista, there is no way in hades they will be able to afford to park their ride in a garage and there is no place without meters to park your car on the street. The market is just too tight.

NY missed a tremendous opportunity after the World Trade Center fell. They should have replaced the 110 story towers with gigantic parking garages to meet this need.

Other cities with ample and free parking don't have nearly the same crime rate as NY

Other cities don't have subway crime problems like the Big Apple.

The reason is that other cities encourage people to drive, instead of use public transportation.

Right now, the major problem with implementing this in NY is the incredibly high price of parking in NY. A major project of new parking lots and garages would increase supply and reduce price. If someone is working in NYC nowadays as a starbucks barista, there is no way in hades they will be able to afford to park their ride in a garage and there is no place without meters to park your car on the street. The market is just too tight.

NY missed a tremendous opportunity after the World Trade Center fell. They should have replaced the 110 story towers with gigantic parking garages to meet this need.

Other cities with ample and free parking don't have nearly the same crime rate as NY

is this really the dumbest op of all time? it is my nomination.

there is no reason to drive in any city other than thew immense power of the automotive lobbies in the post wwii era.

crime is allowed on public transportation because the rich have chauffeurs.

cities that "encourage" private motorcars are really fun to drive in, aren't they? . smog, traffic jams, no parking ...........

cities that "encourage" private motorcars are really fun to drive in, aren't they? . smog, traffic jams, no parking ...........

New York City has smog, traffic jams and no parking worse than a lot of other cities which do encourage driving

New York City has smog, traffic jams and no parking worse than a lot of other cities which do encourage driving
and your solution includes adding MORE traffic?

the op is "crime on public transportation." solutions might include increasing patrols, increasing surveillance, increasing the penalty for the crimi8nals, etc. no competent city planner would suggest "stop public transportation"

Driving is Manhattan is tough.
20 years ago, I had pay $20 to take a tunnel to get into Manhattan.
Parking is expensive.
I almost ran out of gas because I could not find a gas station.

Forum List

Back