Residents stunned after entire police department abruptly resigns in North Carolina town

I wouldn't hire her. I'd be pretty stupid to hire someone who was fired and is suing because of racism. Why would I even want to take a chance?

This may surprise you, but racism still happens in the US.

just goes to show they dont give a shit about the community or the people in it,,

someone is mean to them so they run away like little kids,,

I don't agree, since we do not know each individual's motivation for leaving. As I pointed out, cops are in big demand, and they know the next town up the road wants them. They are in a very good position to go to the highest bidder. There are plenty of police depts even offering signing bonuses. If they don't like the leadership in one place, they have the ability to find one that they do like.

I don't agree, since we do not know each individual's motivation for leaving. As I pointed out, cops are in big demand, and they know the next town up the road wants them. They are in a very good position to go to the highest bidder. There are plenty of police depts even offering signing bonuses. If they don't like the leadership in one place, they have the ability to find one that they do like.
glad to see its about money to them and not the community,,

one thing good is that with no cops the criminals will just be shot on sight and buried in the closet farm land,,

"WRAL also learned that Jones sued her previous employer in Richland County, South Carolina, for gender and racial discrimination after she was fired in 2015."

Sounds like the town made a bad decision on hiring her. They now are likely screwed if they try to dump her.

I agree. It would be easier to clean house of racist and coward cops if the dumb mother fuckers leave of their own volition, in a huff, like a bunch of bitches.
The officers might be black you stupid racist idiot.

"WRAL also learned that Jones sued her previous employer in Richland County, South Carolina, for gender and racial discrimination after she was fired in 2015."

Sounds like the town made a bad decision on hiring her. They now are likely screwed if they try to dump her.
She sounds like one of those angry 😡 black female Marxists.

This may surprise you, but racism still happens in the US.
Yep, and what happens just as often or more are race hustlers. What we need to know is if she is a racist. That's possible. The town population is pretty well evenly divided black and white.

glad to see its about money to them and not the community,,

one thing good is that with no cops the criminals will just be shot on sight and buried in the closet farm land,,

It could indeed give residents motivation to take the law in their own hands, although "supposedly" the county sheriff will take up the slack. If I were the residents I wouldn't hold my breath for that.

Big shock. Here is the recruiting company used to find her - Triangle J Council of Governments

From that web page -

TJCOG is committed to advancing racial equity and inclusion within our organization and across our seven-county region to dismantle structural racism and ensure a more equitable future for all.

What could go wrong? At least the town leader page has some color now. No police force, but they look a lot more diverse and are obviously putting critical theory to work in the police dept.

Yep, and what happens just as often or more are race hustlers. What we need to know is if she is a racist. That's possible. The town population is pretty well evenly divided black and white.

It is a pretty even split that is for sure.

Will be interesting to see if the town council sides with her or all the employees. Hard not to side with the larger group.

Big shock. Here is the recruiting company used to find her - Triangle J Council of Governments

From that web page -

TJCOG is committed to advancing racial equity and inclusion within our organization and across our seven-county region to dismantle structural racism and ensure a more equitable future for all.

What could go wrong? At least the town leader page has some color now. No police force, but they look a lot more diverse and are obviously putting critical theory to work in the police dept.

My question is who made the decision to hire her? One person or a committee.

My question is who made the decision to hire her? One person or a committee.
Looks like candidate put forward by this TJCOG mob and the town council unanimously approved.

Looks like candidate put forward by this TJCOG mob and the town council unanimously approved.

30 candidates and they choose the one who was fired and has a lawsuit accusing her former employer of racism. I would check their bank accounts.

I read two different ones and neither of them gave a reason other than a hostile work environment,,

did I miss something??
The opening paragraph from the OP's posted article link.

On Wednesday, full-time officers with the Kenly Police Department suddenly resigned and handed in their two-week notice letters.

“I have put in my 2 weeks notice along with the whole police dept. Sharon Evans and Christy Thomas with the town of Kenly after 21 years of service,” Police Chief Josh Gibson wrote in a Facebook post.

“The new manager has created an environment I do not feel we can perform our duties and services to the community. I do not know what is next for me

The opening paragraph from the OP's posted article link.

On Wednesday, full-time officers with the Kenly Police Department suddenly resigned and handed in their two-week notice letters.

“I have put in my 2 weeks notice along with the whole police dept. Sharon Evans and Christy Thomas with the town of Kenly after 21 years of service,” Police Chief Josh Gibson wrote in a Facebook post.

“The new manager has created an environment I do not feel we can perform our duties and services to the community. I do not know what is next for me
not seeing anything specific in that??

did she ask them to start arresting people that commit crimes instead of taking bribes and letting them go??

not seeing anything specific in that??

did she ask them to start arresting people that commit crimes instead of taking bribes and letting them go??
Honest discussion is always good.
You want to have a dishonest shouting match.
No thanks.
Done!

Forum List

Back