FCC goes after extended warranty calls

Ringel05

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2009
Duke City
Finally, the Government is going after the vehicle extended warranty spam/scam calls. I'll wait and see what happens.

The Federal Communications Commission has ordered phone companies to stop carrying traffic related to robocalls about scam auto warranties.

US voice service providers must now “take all necessary steps to avoid carrying this robocall traffic,” or provide a report outlining how they’re mitigating the traffic, the FCC’s Robocall Response Team said in a statement on Thursday. The calls are coming from Roy Cox, Jr., Aaron Michael Jones and related companies and associates.

The group appears to be responsible for making more than 8 billion unlawful prerecorded calls to Americans since at least 2018, per the FCC statement. The operation is also the target of an ongoing investigation by the FCC’s Enforcement Bureau and a lawsuit by the Ohio Attorney General.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Being bored and always looking for entertainment, I sometimes press 2 to talk to a salesman. Then I ask for oral sex. They usualy just hang up on me, but sometimes they go off and call me names, but I'm still not buying without that blowjob. It doesn't take much to entertain me.

They just moved their operations to a new location. The James Webb telescope just captured this deep space image.

k0n3VOH.jpg

I have my phone set up so it only rings for numbers saved in my contact list. Everything else gets dumped to voicemail...

Y'all think this is a good thing?

If the federal government has so much money lying around that they can spend it protecting fools from being scammed over the telephone, how about shifting some of those extra funds to border security to stop the flow of fentanyl and trafficked children?

A fool and their money are soon parted, at best this would only eliminate one way that can happen. That is assuming that this federal program makes history by being actually effective.

Being bored and always looking for entertainment, I sometimes press 2 to talk to a salesman. Then I ask for oral sex. They usualy just hang up on me, but sometimes they go off and call me names, but I'm still not buying without that blowjob. It doesn't take much to entertain me.

I'll sometimes pretend I'm a doddering old man and speak with a Chinese accent. There have been times I've told them that I have to put them on hold and I'll be right back and I'll let the phone sit there for five minutes until they just hang up, but I've come back a few times and they've actually still been there waiting. LOL

Finally, the Government is going after the vehicle extended warranty spam/scam calls. I'll wait and see what happens.

Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Not nearly enough. We can send a vehicle to Mars but we can't find a way to stop spoofed calls? Spoofed calls are those where the caller can type in any phone number they want to appear on your caller ID so you can't block them. They change the number each time they call.

We should have an automatic death penalty for anybody spoofing a call or company owners that use spoofing. We should also nuke any country where these calls come from.

If the federal government has so much money lying around that they can spend it protecting fools from being scammed over the telephone, how about shifting some of those extra funds to border security to stop the flow of fentanyl and trafficked children?

A fool and their money are soon parted, at best this would only eliminate one way that can happen. That is assuming that this federal program makes history by being actually effective.
They're finally doing their job. Robocalls for sales purposes have been outlawed for some time. They ought to do the same thing for charities. I have found telling charities that you don't respond to solicitations over the phone is quite effective at reducing them.

I have my phone set up so it only rings for numbers saved in my contact list. Everything else gets dumped to voicemail...

Me too but you still have to clear all those numbers out of your call history. Before I changed my number I got on average 9 to 10 calls a day six days a week.

They're finally doing their job. Robocalls for sales purposes have been outlawed for some time. They ought to do the same thing for charities. I have found telling charities that you don't respond to solicitations over the phone is quite effective at reducing them.

The problem is that most of these calls come from other countries where we have no authority. They all use spoofing to make it look like it's a call made from the US. Technology to fight this is the only way, and it's about time government does something to benefit most or all people in this country.

The problem is that most of these calls come from other countries where we have no authority. They all use spoofing to make it look like it's a call made from the US. Technology to fight this is the only way, and it's about time government does something to benefit most or all people in this country.
I signed on to the National Do Not Call registry some years ago and I haven't been bothered with sales calls (except for the auto warranty sales) for some time. Charities are given a green light for some reason and I get my fair share of those calls.

I don’t give a shit about being scammed
I am tired of the constant harassment

I signed on to the National Do Not Call registry some years ago and I haven't been bothered with sales calls (except for the auto warranty sales) for some time. Charities are given a green light for some reason and I get my fair share of those calls.

I have all my phones on the list
They just laugh at it

Wow, I do sort of agree with you here. While these calls are annoying, they are hardly on the top of the problems today.

Why are you talking to them at all? I see a number not on my contact list I ignore it. Unless I see by the exchange that is work related. Another poster said they have mystery calls not even ring and just get dumped to voicemail. I'll have to figure out how to do that also.

When was the last time you got a phone call from a complete stranger and it turned out to be something with some kind of positive benefit? If I have a kid in the hospital or something like that, they can leave a voicemail I always check them right after a call.

Why are you talking to them at all? I see a number not on my contact list I ignore it. Unless I see by the exchange that is work related. Another poster said they have mystery calls not even ring and just get dumped to voicemail. I'll have to figure out how to do that also.

When was the last time you got a phone call from a complete stranger and it turned out to be something with some kind of positive benefit? If I have a kid in the hospital or something like that, they can leave a voicemail I always check them right after a call.

If you have an I-phone it's pretty easy. If you do have one let me know and I'll tell you how to do it.

The problem with these people in other countries is they won't accept "no" for an answer. You tell them you don't deal with people over the phone, you'll never give your credit card to any stranger over the phone, you already have a similar product and are quite happy with it, and they'll continue to call you several more times during the week.

I used to think people from third world countries have it bad because they have no choice. Either war, starvation, religious disparities or something of that nature. Now I know why they are in third world countries. The people in them are Fn stupid plain and simple.

When I was a kid a friend of mine got me a job as a phone solicitor. This was back in the mid 70's. The boss told us when we call, we tell people we are from the Friends of The Disabled, and we would be selling puppet tickets. When we found somebody to buy the tickets, we had our own card catalog box and wrote down the name, the product, the amount and that sort of thing. We'd turn in our sales ticket to the boss and we kept our card index.

About a month later, the boss started the day by telling us we no longer are from The Friends of The Disabled, we are now from Help With The Homeless. The first people we called were the people in our card index.

Yes that was years ago, but I'm sure some organizations are the same way. Once you start giving to charities, they will never leave you alone.

Forum List

Back