Republicans Are Having Some Trouble Talking About Rape and Incest

You think a Republican is a racial slur? or.... you think a white-winger is a racial slur? or....the whole thing, a Republican white-winger is a racial slur?

Admitting a racial slur component to the Right? Interesting.

Are you retarded? You think "republican" is a racial slur? LOL.

Now you are pretending to be retarded to avoid defending how racist you are.

I'm asking if YOU think it is since you are the one swooping in here all indignant. You tell us.

I explicitly stated your racist slur. This is you using a pretense of being retarded to avoid defending your racist shit talk.

‘By the time the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last week, 13 states were ready with so-called trigger laws that would ban abortions within their borders immediately. (Additional states had pre-Roe prohibitions in place that will now be enforced.) One notable thing about these trigger statutes, which have been gradually enacted over the past two decades, is that most of them do not make any exceptions for cases involving rape or incest.

This absolutist approach to abortion prohibition was once considered both morally and politically unthinkable, but came into vogue in red states thanks to the increasingly hard-line views that have come to dominate both the conservative movement and anti-abortion activism in particular. The reasoning behind it is straightforward enough: If life really starts at conception and abortion is murder, then terminating a pregnancy for any reason at all must be banned. The issue is that outside the world of conservative ideologues, it remains a wildly unpopular policy.

Take Yesli Vega, a GOP house candidate in Virginia, who was caught on tape during a campaign stop musing that women might be less likely to get pregnant in cases of rape. This is a long-running myth with deep origins in the anti-abortion movement, which might explain why it was proposed first by someone attending the campaign event. On the audio, first reported by Axios, the audience member asks: “I’ve actually heard that it’s harder for a woman to get pregnant if she’s been raped. Have you heard that?” Vega responds: “Well, maybe because there’s so much going on in the body. I don’t know. I haven’t, you know, seen any studies. But if I’m processing what you’re saying, it wouldn’t surprise me. Because it’s not something that’s happening organically. You’re forcing it.”

No exceptions for cases involving rape or incest is widely unpopular because it’s wrong.

I have no trouble talking about rape or incest. But I don't bother because rape and incest resulting in pregnancy are very much in the minority and this instance the few do not out weigh the many.

I wish we could always take into account the few but when you're talking about a subject that involves almost roughly 170 million women you can't take into account a percent of two of that. You can only consider everyone when dealing with small groups of people. When you get into numbers that big you have to start only worrying about the majority.

‘By the time the Supreme Court overturned Roe v. Wade last week, 13 states were ready with so-called trigger laws that would ban abortions within their borders immediately. (Additional states had pre-Roe prohibitions in place that will now be enforced.) One notable thing about these trigger statutes, which have been gradually enacted over the past two decades, is that most of them do not make any exceptions for cases involving rape or incest.

This absolutist approach to abortion prohibition was once considered both morally and politically unthinkable, but came into vogue in red states thanks to the increasingly hard-line views that have come to dominate both the conservative movement and anti-abortion activism in particular. The reasoning behind it is straightforward enough: If life really starts at conception and abortion is murder, then terminating a pregnancy for any reason at all must be banned. The issue is that outside the world of conservative ideologues, it remains a wildly unpopular policy.

Take Yesli Vega, a GOP house candidate in Virginia, who was caught on tape during a campaign stop musing that women might be less likely to get pregnant in cases of rape. This is a long-running myth with deep origins in the anti-abortion movement, which might explain why it was proposed first by someone attending the campaign event. On the audio, first reported by Axios, the audience member asks: “I’ve actually heard that it’s harder for a woman to get pregnant if she’s been raped. Have you heard that?” Vega responds: “Well, maybe because there’s so much going on in the body. I don’t know. I haven’t, you know, seen any studies. But if I’m processing what you’re saying, it wouldn’t surprise me. Because it’s not something that’s happening organically. You’re forcing it.”

No exceptions for cases involving rape or incest is widely unpopular because it’s wrong.

Do you have something to confess.

You're totally ok with your Dear Leader paying for multiple abortions based on his con-venience. Just like you've been ok with him being a serial sexual assaulter.
Stop lying murderer.

Republican white wingers want to con-trol women's bodies....just like rapists do.
True.

In fact, conservatives want to control all aspects of citizens’ private lives – they seek to compel conformity and punish dissent and expressions of individual liberty.

As a Conservative I don't have any trouble talking about rape and incest when it comes to abortion.

I think we need common sense abortion laws.

Abortion for the sake of the mother's health is a no brainer.

Abortion for the sake of convenience is definitely a no go.

Rape and incest is always a shitty deal.

However, a child should not be put to death because the father was an asshole.

Before an abortion the mother should have to peruse all avenues for an adoption. Having to carry the child to term is not the great but it is better than killing the child.

The truth is If the right proposed a compromise tomorrow that allowed for abortion ONLY in instances of rape and incest the leftist would tell them to fuck off.
In fact, the lie conservatives tell themselves about abortion is about vilifying women – ‘banning’ abortion is fundamentally misogynistic.

The right’s war on women continues.

In fact, the lie conservatives tell themselves about abortion is about vilifying women – ‘banning’ abortion is fundamentally misogynistic.

The right’s war on women continues.

There is NOTHING about disagreeing when life starts, that is misogynistic.

That is a lie you tell, so that you can avoid defending your position on the issue honestly.

Once, I would have seen that as evidence that you yourself know that your position is wrong.

BUT, with at least some of you lefties, I am willing to accept lying as an uncontrollable reflex, like your heart beating or stomach muscles contracting.

Only for a liberal, even more so. You know, because lying is the center of your being.

Forum List

Back