Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

Illegal aliens should be deported instead of coddled by giving them permission to drive on our streets

Since they won't be and we continue to allow them to work, we need to make sure they can drive safely.

No, we need to arrest and deport them if caught driving without a drivers license.
They need to be arrested and deported in any event. They are afterall, ILLEGAL!
Agreed

but we cant stop brown people just for driving a car

in the normal course of police activity when they stop a speeder or drunk driver who turns out to be illegal the car should be confiscated and that person should be turned over to ICE for deportation

Illegal aliens should be deported instead of coddled by giving them permission to drive on our streets

Since they won't be and we continue to allow them to work, we need to make sure they can drive safely.

No, we need to arrest and deport them if caught driving without a drivers license.

There are a lot of problems with that which includes the litigation to have them legally deported. Trump tried to institute a fast track system, but the leftist courts shot it down. He's doing everything he can, so the priority are those who are criminals.

As I mentioned earlier, the only thing that would work is create a law that getting caught being here illegally is a minimum of five years in prison. That would do the trick for both, border crossers and Visa overstays.

There are a lot of problems with that which includes the litigation to have them legally deported. Trump tried to institute a fast track system, but the leftist courts shot it down. He's doing everything he can, so the priority are those who are criminals.

As I mentioned earlier, the only thing that would work is create a law that getting caught being here illegally is a minimum of five years in prison. That would do the trick for both, border crossers and Visa overstays.
Liberals and tje chamber of commerce are fighting trump immigration policy across the board

but its worth doing so we just have to keep slogging along

I think 5 years in prison is impractical for 25 million illegals

build the wall and confiscate all their possessions before sending them home

In time that will solve the problem if we are not stopped by the lefties

In that case, stop the lefties first. It's not rocket science.

The point is there is really no deterrent to be here illegally. As long as you live in one of those sanctuary cities or states, don't break any laws, nobody will bother you. What I'm offering is a real deterrent.

Let's say we passed the law today. We give all illegals until May 1st to be out of the country. After May 1st, you are subject to arrest and imprisonment. Our border would be flooded; not with people trying to get in, but with people trying to get the hell out of the US.

While some may decide the risk is worth it to stay in the US, most would leave and never come back. So we wouldn't be locking up 25 million people or anywhere close to it.

Liberals and tje chamber of commerce are fighting trump immigration policy across the board

but its worth doing so we just have to keep slogging along

Any step in that direction is a good one. The media is silent on all the things Trump is trying to do. If we can get a Republican House and pass this bill, that would be huge.

What does a Drivers License have to do with immigration?

It just makes sure drivers have the proper skills and training?
Yes citizens! That’s like saying the guy that beaks in to your house deserves your wife’s cooking because he’s there

And guess who pays for their insurance?

Once illegals have licenses they can buy insurance

And they can also drive in any state that doesn't want illegals driving.

They do already
Now they can be licensed and insured

No they don't, because if they come in my state with no license, they would be arrested and their car towed away. That's what we want.

All you Republicans keep going on about states' rights.

Federal LAW Trumps the State ya foreign nitwit.

Why don't you find a forum FOR YOUR COUNTRY and stop wasting our time with your WORTHLESS tripe.

Why don't you take a good hard look at how you're being lead into dictatorship by a corrupt and criminal administration who is pandering to your worst instincts?

This is a sharp descent into authoritarianism and dictatorship. This is straight out of 1984. Trump is calling for the prosecution and incarceration of anyone who criticizes him, or opposes him. His "enemies list" now includes Bolton, Kelly, Sondland, judges, lawyers, anyone who criticizes him.

Trump asked Barr to prosecute Bolton. All of his investigations have found NOTHING to support his allegations against the previous administration, or those involved in the various investigations, but he's still trying to have McCabe and Comey charged, and now Brennan.

Just like Trump, you want to silence those who say things you don't want to hear, but you can't silence truth. The majority of Americans believe this is wrong and those numbers are growing daily and Trump continues to subvert the rule of law.

Trump turns on everyone, eventually. All the people he's attacking now are the people he hired.

The point is there is really no deterrent to be here illegally. As long as you live in one of those sanctuary cities or states, don't break any laws, nobody will bother you. What I'm offering is a real deterrent.

Let's say we passed the law today. We give all illegals until May 1st to be out of the country. After May 1st, you are subject to arrest and imprisonment. Our border would be flooded; not with people trying to get in, but with people trying to get the hell out of the US.

While some may decide the risk is worth it to stay in the US, most would leave and never come back. So we wouldn't be locking up 25 million people or anywhere close to it.
I doubt if many illegals will leave based on threats

maybe after we carry out the threat others will get the idea

as someone pointed out we need to defeat the liberals first before we can fix the illegal alien problem

All you Republicans keep going on about states' rights.

Federal LAW Trumps the State ya foreign nitwit.

Why don't you find a forum FOR YOUR COUNTRY and stop wasting our time with your WORTHLESS tripe.

Why don't you take a good hard look at how you're being lead into dictatorship by a corrupt and criminal administration who is pandering to your worst instincts?

This is a sharp descent into authoritarianism and dictatorship. This is straight out of 1984. Trump is calling for the prosecution and incarceration of anyone who criticizes him, or opposes him. His "enemies list" now includes Bolton, Kelly, Sondland, judges, lawyers, anyone who criticizes him.

Trump asked Barr to prosecute Bolton. All of his investigations have found NOTHING to support his allegations against the previous administration, or those involved in the various investigations, but he's still trying to have McCabe and Comey charged, and now Brennan.

Just like Trump, you want to silence those who say things you don't want to hear, but you can't silence truth. The majority of Americans believe this is wrong and those numbers are growing daily and Trump continues to subvert the rule of law.

Trump turns on everyone, eventually. All the people he's attacking now are the people he hired.
Trump asked Barr to prosecute Bolton.

Not true

its unsporting for canadians to tell such obvious lies

What does a Drivers License have to do with immigration?

It just makes sure drivers have the proper skills and training?
Yes citizens! That’s like saying the guy that beaks in to your house deserves your wife’s cooking because he’s there

Ah, the old false equivalency fallacy.

Illegal immigrant didn't "break in", they're being openly invited by employers to come to America.

When our yard was overrun with raccoons, we discovered our third floor tenant was feeding them. Putting bowls of food out on her deck. Not only did the raccoons come back, but they brought their friends, their kids, and the whole problem got worse. I told her to stop feeding these vermin or she be evicted. That ended the problem.

American employers are openly inviting illegals to come by giving them jobs. Stop jailing the illegals and start jailing anyone who hires them and your problem would be solved.

In Canada, employers are fined $10,000 for every undocumented worker on the payroll. We don't have an illegal immigrant "problem" here. Furthermore, in order to qualify for any social programs at all, you have to have an employment record, which discourages people from working under the table. Yes, there are illegal immigrants here, but not in any significant numbers because our system is set up to make it very difficult for them to be hired, and very expensive for employers who do.

Trump is one of those employers. He's directing your anger and attention away from the corrupt employers because he is one.

as someone pointed out we need to defeat the liberals first before we can fix the illegal alien problem

True, we do regardless of the immigration problem. But go back in time to when Arizona instituted their own immigration laws. DumBama took it to court and had it stopped, but until that time, they scrambled. Construction companies reporting that only half their crew showed up for work. Same for some schools. Illegals abandoning their house or apartment to just get the hell out of there.

No matter how bad your country is, you don't want to be in a federal prison for five years, because after you serve the time, you will be deported anyhow. It's better to just pack your bags and leave, not to come back until the Democrats have the power to rescind the measure and screw up the country again.

True, we do regardless of the immigration problem. But go back in time to when Arizona instituted their own immigration laws. DumBama took it to court and had it stopped, but until that time, they scrambled. Construction companies reporting that only half their crew showed up for work. Same for some schools. Illegals abandoning their house or apartment to just get the hell out of there.

No matter how bad your country is, you don't want to be in a federal prison for five years, because after you serve the time, you will be deported anyhow. It's better to just pack your bags and leave, not to come back until the Democrats have the power to rescind the measure and screw up the country again.
I just dont think prison is a practical idea for non violent illegal aliens- half of whom are women and children

even without the full border wall/electronic barrier deporting the entire family after confiscating all their assets will get illegals attention

Last edited:

Agreed

but we cant stop brown people just for driving a car

in the normal course of police activity when they stop a speeder or drunk driver who turns out to be illegal the car should be confiscated and that person should be turned over to ICE for deportation
Absolutely!

Forum List

Back