Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

But that's the problem, most employers don't know what they are doing. It's why anywhere you've ever worked, there's always someone who you ask, "How did that idiot get hired"?

The reality- most former employers will only confirm employment, for a darned good reason. Anything else is actionable.

Let's take the opposite example. Let's say a former employer said how awesome you were, and the first month on the job you plowed a truck into a busload of Orphans and Nuns... On the six o'clock news with your company logo right on the side of the truck!!! "But his last employer said he was awesome" would be an invitation to sue that last employer. (Well,the Orphans would suddenly discover they had long lost family.)

Also, somehow, I doubt anyone is lining up to live in one of your slums.

It's been a couple of years since I had to look for anybody. Most of my tenants are long term. You don't understand the rental market these past ten years. The last time I had an opening was four years ago in February. Usually after I post the ad, I would get one or two responses a week. Nobody moves in the middle of winter. This last time though, I had nearly a dozen replies the very next day. People were begging me to get the place sight unseen, although I always post pictures.

When I gave it to a young couple, they were not only very impressed with the place, but thanked me endlessly as their search was almost impossible. Landlords are taking advantage of this market, and in some places like CA, it's impossible to afford rents. The state wanted to institute rent controls, although I don't know if they passed it or not. Other states were talking about the same.

I don't believe in taking advantage of desperate people. My prices are reasonable and affordable. I wasn't a landlord my entire life. I was a tenant as well for about fifteen years. I understand both sides of the aisle.

You keep telling yourself that... but here's the thing.

When you call a former employer... here's what they'll tell you. Yes he worked here from these dates. They won't tell you ANY of that other shit. If they did, and it got back to the employee, it would be actionable.

Now, the main purpose of the resume is to GET YOU THE INTERVIEW. That's kind of it. They won't even look into that "other stuff" unless the resume demonstrates it.

Half the "resumes you write yourself" get thrown out because of one misspelled word before a computer ever sees it.

The only real thing that's actionable are opinions or revealing personal information. For instance, he was in the bathroom all the time, I believe he was just Fn off. Or, I know she fights with her husband a lot, so she was late all the time. Those are examples of actionable.

An employer can say, she was tardy 22 times in the last year she worked here. That's truth, and there is no action you can take on documented evidence.

First, most employers won't answer that question for legal reasons. Second, that's actually a dumb criteria. But then again, the company you worked for was a real bunch of bottom feeders who most people wouldn't have wanted to work for to start with. "No Health Insurance? Hard pass."

Well most of the employees there are long term like I was. Plus he had me replaced in two weeks which is very unusual given an economy like this. The guy that replaced me was our backup driver who drove a straight truck. He advanced to my position, and hired a friend of a current worker for the straight truck job.

As for the question, my former employer (not the last one I worked for) got a list of questions from his attorney. That was the one he favored the most. It's a yes or no question that nobody can sue you for answering. The answer indicates if there was friction between employer and employee without going into specifics that could be actionable.

You drive a truck from point a to point b. No experience needed.

Most won't hire anybody with no experience, but some will. However because of their high rates to insure you, it will be low pay until you do get enough experience for the insurance company to drop the rates. You would have to go over the road for a year or so, because nobody local would hire a driver with no experience.

You see, experience is everything. You can't go on the internet to learn how to drive a truck like you can with your job. It's hands on in all kinds of bad situations and weather conditions. Just driving straight? Correct, anybody can do that. But the challenge is taking corners in cities and not hit telephone poles or cross walk signals, manipulating a 60 foot vehicle through very narrow construction zones, backing a trailer into an inside unlit dock where you can't see shit without hitting something.

Some of these older buildings were designed for straight trucks before tractor-trailers were even thought of. It's your job (if possible) to get that trailer into such a small space. I've been in places where other drivers just looked at the situation, turned around, and went home. They wouldn't even try it.

I'd love to watch Joey try to park a trailer in the drop yard I use every day. I'd hook it up for him...hell, I'd even make sure he got a tractor with an automatic transmission. Trailer is 45' long, good luck with that!

45's are just about extinct. We had to go with 53's because of the inability to buy a 45 or 48 without being a special and expensive order. Huge companies like FedEx have contracts with manufacturers. It's not that big of a deal for them.

I find it so amazing how many people tell me my job is so easy, and have never done it themselves.

I would use a 45...ours are 20+ years old, nobody would notice or care about one more scrape on those...and we both know that Joey would hit something.

We have mostly 48s...just got about twenty brand new ones (Great Danes) last year. We have some 53s, and about twenty elderly (mostly Hyundai) 45' ex-railroad trailers. They're absolute bottom-shelf models, with leaf springs, no ABS, Dayton wheels...they don't even have clearance lights! Unfortunately, the newest is a 1996. We've retired (scrapped) some of the ~40 we had, but the problem is that we have some accounts that use them, and they CANNOT use anything bigger. I pulled an ex-New Penn 48 last week...damn thing is almost 40 years old! It looks like hell, but pulls nicely even loaded with 30,000lbs.

Honestly...48s seem common enough. Our problem is that we have half a dozen 36' liftgate trailers that are used for city routes. They have been in fairly-hard daily use for between five and eight years, and they are simply wearing out. We're also down to only a few 28' pups...though the one old enough to not have spring brakes still goes out three days a week.

Our company used to be the same way. But DOT is always looking for older equipment to pull over because there's likely to be more flaws with it. We were always getting stopped. Between that and the expense of keeping them up all the time, he finally figured out it was just as economically sound getting newer trailers.

So now he leases through Penske. They take care of everything, even flat tires. It's less work on my employer. If something goes wrong, they come out and fix it, or give us a free rental trailer until ours is done. He doesn't have to worry about tows, paying rent on temporary vehicles, licensing, license tags, nothing. It's all taken care of.

The first time I picked up one of our new trailers from Penske, the tandems were slid all the way to the back. When I went to adjust them, I couldn't find the release handle. I was perplexed. I went inside and questioned the service manager. He came out and showed me how to work the release button. I was in my glory. :21: Not only is it easier, but after you adjust the tandems, all you have to do is apply air to the trailer, and the buttons pop back out. Lock the trailer, and you can shake it back and forth to pop the buttons back in.

Last edited:
... the welfare queens who make a lifestyle out of living off the government. ...

Like you're doing now?

Like I said hotshot, quit your job (if you have one) and get a minimum wage job and tell me how you support yourself. I would love to know. Unless you can do that, you have no right to criticize my situation. Especially if you live in your parents basement.

He's never worked a day in his life.

You wouldn’t have a prayer of keeping up with my easiest day, champ.

It's nobody else's business to "show" you how to handle your shit, you helpless loser. Suck it up, be a man, and figure it out for yourself. You've never been shy here about pointing your feeble finger at everyone else in the world based on your racist bullshit, so don't lay on your back and beg for help.

“Oh, da gub’ment is my mommy and she won’t let me!”

Why all the hostility? Are you only a proponent of helping and funding wetbacks and their silver tooth money trees?
He is a threadshitting troll with no redeeming qualities. He adds nothing to this BBS except BS.

Do you need a tissue?

What does a Drivers License have to do with immigration?

It raises the status of illegals closer to that of citizens.

No it doesn’t

It just shows they have the skills and training to drive a car.
They are horrible drivers.
They????

rofl
When’s the last time you drove everyday through the hood?

Most people in any kind of “hood” are horrible drivers.

Maybe it's time to scrap the system entirely. I'd be a millionaire today if I could have all the money me and my employers contributed to the system, and had that money invested in a conservative growth account my entire life. If I died before retirement, my family would get that money instead of government.

It sure would stop a lot of bickering in debates like this.

I will not add up everything I have paid into Social Security...because if I do, I might start drinking.
200k from me over 40 years and let’s just say that 100k was the midpoint so 100k st 4% for 40 years should equal
About 300k minimum when compounded in the till for me
See70% of these liberal dummies are like 30 years old or less and they do not know that social security and Medicare are not entitlements paid by someone else for me(their sole/dole method of sustenance ) but rather fully funded by me and people like me thru pay deductions and taxes paid by us

How this can draw a funny is beyond comprehension
There really are a bunch of bitter and broke ass libtards on here who have not provided for themselves and are resentful about those who have

Maybe it's time to scrap the system entirely. I'd be a millionaire today if I could have all the money me and my employers contributed to the system, and had that money invested in a conservative growth account my entire life. If I died before retirement, my family would get that money instead of government.

I will not add up everything I have paid into Social Security...because if I do, I might start drinking.
200k from me over 40 years and let’s just say that 100k was the midpoint so 100k st 4% for 40 years should equal
See70% of these liberal dummies are like 30 years old or less and they do not know that social security and Medicare are not entitlements paid by someone else for me(their sole/dole method of sustenance ) but rather fully funded by me and people like me thru pay deductions and taxes paid by us

There really are a bunch of bitter and broke ass libtards on here who have not provided for themselves and are resentful about those who have

It is pretty ridiculous that you have welfare queens like Ray sitting around mooching instead of making an honest buck.

It is pretty ridiculous that you have welfare queens like Ray sitting around mooching instead of making an honest buck.
I mean I think he drives a truck and I dont see any references to government dependency
Remember, social security and Medicare are Not gimmies, we paid into the pot for decades.

80% of them don’t drive and don’t own a car so they really only need drivers licenses to further some other illegal or scammy bullshit

I mean I think he drives a truck and I dont see any references to government dependency
Remember, social security and Medicare are Not gimmies, we paid into the pot for decades.

He says he’s capable of working, but refuses to do so.

80% of them don’t drive and don’t own a car so they really only need drivers licenses to further some other illegal or scammy bullshit

In 2018, ICE deported over 80,000 illegals who had DUI charges against them or were prosecuted. They drive. When NY passed their law for giving illegals licenses, did you see the footage of the lines all the way outside with illegals getting licenses?

Yeah it is. Now get back to work instead of sitting on USMB, and make that tax money so I can mooch off of you.

What he's talking about is government prevented me from working. They said I have too many health issues to continue driving. I'm going to be 60 years old in a few months, and it makes no sense for me to get training for any other kind of work. Correct, I paid into these programs my entire life, and it's not really my call whether I want to work or not.

What he's talking about is government prevented me from working. They said I have too many health issues to continue driving. I'm going to be 60 years old in a few months, and it makes no sense for me to get training for any other kind of work. Correct, I paid into these programs my entire life, and it's not really my call whether I want to work or not.
At 60 I imagine you have done your share since about age 20 and people with a much shorter term in the work force do not know what it is all about
What crippled you up so bad?

At 60 I imagine you have done your share since about age 20 and people with a much shorter term in the work force do not know what it is all about
What crippled you up so bad?

I'm not crippled, but I have several medical conditions that made the government doctor weary of giving me my medical card. The government really puts these doctors on the line making them responsible in a way, so I can't blame the guy. They seem to make it harder and harder for both me and the doctor for me to work. He said one problem he could try to work with, but not several. It's just too much to ask of him.

I was going to retire at 62 anyways which is a little over two years away. So the only thing I'm really trying to do is retire early. And why not? Like you said, I worked my entire life. Government workers can retire at the age of 55 even if as healthy as a horse. Two of my former co-workers were government employees. Both retired at the age of 55.

legally, if an employer has negative things to say, all he or she can do with regard to a prospective employer is conform dates of employment and job title

Quite right. Unfortunately, as pointed out above, even if they have positive things to say, they usually only list dates of employment and title. It's really a liability thing.

The problem is, the whole employment system is broken. Resumes, Applicant Tracking Software, Background checks, interviews, proficiency testing... all of it.

Used to be, you got a job with a union, you worked for the same place for life... now it's a constant race to find better jobs while the employer tries to frustrate your career growth.

That's what worried me about the do gooder Obama and his butt kissing bullcrap for votes he and his partner Biden engaged in constantly. Otherwise the bullcrap where he used free internet service, free cell phones, and other crazy ideas....It was just not wise on his part, but then again the nation let it go because they supported the first Blackman to be president and as he was the president.

He went against what Martin Luther King believed in, where King said that he longed for a day when a man wasn't judge by the color of his skin, but was to be judged on the content of his CHARACTER !!!

Race baiting, free crap baiting and/or giving/ throwing taxpayer dollars at voters (otherwise just to get their support), wasn't worrying about the content of character at all, but instead was worrying about the numbers of bodies to throw at the polls when come time to vote in order to hold or gain power.

This has to end, and this country must get back to content of character instead of color big time.

After seeing a story on Tucker Carlson tonight about AT&T, and their alledged outsourcing to cheap India labor, I was flat discouraged listening to that story.

I am taking action by canceling my account with them. Thank God for choice in America, and thank God for capitalism. I don't need to support AT&T, and thank God for it. MAGA.

Forum List

Back