Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

The solution is not in our representatives hands, it's actually in ours. If we made the sacrifice to buy our own products, then that would help greatly. But since the 80's, the American consumer is obsessed with price. Quality doesn't matter anymore. Worrying about other Americans working doesn't matter anymore. It's all about how cheap I can get my products. No solidarity at all.

There is frequently no choice...ALL options are imported, there is no American product available at any price.

That's because nobody was buying them. You can buy a 50 foot string of Christmas lights for $28.00, or the same (only cheaper) 50 foot string of lights for $8.99. Which one are you going to buy?

Neither, I do not celebrate Christmas.

Then exchange it for a product you do use.

While sometimes, I am just happy if it's not from China, I willingly pay a premium to buy US-made items. (Most recently, yesterday.)

So am I. But most people won't. That's how Walmart became the largest department store in the country.

Which means not many will take a risk with a person they didn't follow up on. All they do is the physicals. Ask any doctor if they would approve of somebody with conditions they weren't treating as their own patient. It's like lending your car to somebody you just met at a party. It's too big of a risk to take for most folks.

I agree. They aren't going to take a risk on someone who isn't going to follow their instructions when they leave the office. All they can do is make an evaluation, "Is this guy safe to drive a truck right now." Clearly, you know you wouldn't be before you even went there.

If he has employees, obviously he's paying them enough.

But as you said, only because a union made him do so.

You wouldn't take me seriously if I were a millionaire and you were my servant. You're just a plain old self-hating white commie who loves him big government.

Actually, I kind of respect your honesty, compared to a lot of these Internet Millionaires who all claim they are rich and live in fancy neighborhoods.

What annoys me is your lack of introspection.

I agree. They aren't going to take a risk on someone who isn't going to follow their instructions when they leave the office. All they can do is make an evaluation, "Is this guy safe to drive a truck right now." Clearly, you know you wouldn't be before you even went there.

But that's the point. They have little idea if I can work. My doctors do have ideas because they've been treating me for years and know of my capabilities and disadvantages. Most of my career that's what the government did, they allowed your treating physician to make that determination. They filled out your medical card.

Then some geniuses in a bureaucracy said "I have a brilliant idea! Let these drivers find a strange doctor who isn't treating their conditions to make that determination." That's like taking your car to a garage and asking them if they will give you an extended warranty on it. They didn't work on your car. How could they reasonably do that?

But as you said, only because a union made him do so.

Outside of government, unions are a thing of the past.

Actually, I kind of respect your honesty, compared to a lot of these Internet Millionaires who all claim they are rich and live in fancy neighborhoods.

What annoys me is your lack of introspection.

You sure get pretty insulting for somebody that respects my honesty. Those internet millionaires are mostly liberals around here. They all either claim to have their own business, independently wealthy, or work from home. Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

That Americans don't want to do that kind of work? Um. Yeah.

Americans will do any kind of work for the right money. The problem is these people come here stopping that natural wage increase. Those of us on the right and in the middle understand this simple concept. That's why Trump is going to easily win reelection.

The Economist: Tougher Immigration Policy Seems to Raise Wages

Fracking doesn't produce that much oil. We could easily make that up buying it from easier sources. This is about the oil industry raping the environment because they can.

Of course it doesn't. Our drastic fuel price decrease had little to do with fracking. In fact it had nothing to do with us becoming the worlds largest exporter in energy. :1041:

If that were a reason to vote nor not to vote for Rump them you shouldn't vote for him. Way too much hype on "The Wall" and zero on busting businesses that knowingly hire illegals. You can't stop the illegals from coming in and staying if they have jobs and housing. Take away their jobs and housing and they no longer have a reason to come here much less stay at such a high number.

So on that, I say, don't vote for Rump. Then again, not one single Candidate has addressed this problem so none of them gets my endorsement.
Don't vote for Trump you say, but no Democrats are talking about controlling immigration or out of control migration to this country. In fact they are way worse than Trump on any of the issues. How can you be against Trump when he's doing way more on these issues than ever before ??

But that's the point. They have little idea if I can work. My doctors do have ideas because they've been treating me for years and know of my capabilities and disadvantages. Most of my career that's what the government did, they allowed your treating physician to make that determination. They filled out your medical card.

Then some geniuses in a bureaucracy said "I have a brilliant idea! Let these drivers find a strange doctor who isn't treating their conditions to make that determination." That's like taking your car to a garage and asking them if they will give you an extended warranty on it. They didn't work on your car. How could they reasonably do that?

Or ... someone had been relying on doctors for years, and then they realized these family doctors were signing off on conditions that should have taken that person off the road, but they didn't want to jam them up.

You see, the better analogy would be a car accident. Most insurance companies require you to take the car into one of their shops for an evaluation, they don't rely on your local body shop that might be kicking you back a bit of money on the side.

Outside of government, unions are a thing of the past.

Quite the contrary, you are going to see a new labor movement in this country because people will demand it.

You sure get pretty insulting for somebody that respects my honesty. Those internet millionaires are mostly liberals around here. They all either claim to have their own business, independently wealthy, or work from home. Me? I'm the only truck driver here.

Funny, I've noticed those guys are all conservatives like Azog... but never mind.

If they have 500 employees and 10 illegals, you fine them the first time. (this isn't normally being done). If they get caught again, you fine them more. If they persist, I am sure that they would be willing to sell their business to someone that is willing to adhere to the law because that would be the next step. If the business is in such a dire strait as needing to cut costs by having to hire those 10 illegals, maybe it shouldn't be in business in the first place. I am sure that their competitors that do things legally would agree and would have places for those 490 workers if they are good workers. Welcome to Capitalism.

Yet again: what do you do when the illegal aliens check out? The employer does all the checks, but because the documents are real (they just don't belong to the dude being hired), they come back as legit.

Wow, another deflection. I had a person working for me about week with some elses ID. I am surprised he lasted even that long. He was terminated and arrested. When the paperwork came back that the person really resided in Florida the jig was up. And he wasn't an Illegal Alien, he was an escaped Convict. What tipped me off? And off duty Sheriff working at a Radio Shack was also a brother retired military that though he looked hinky. I quietly ran a background check on him. Had he been a law abiding citizen that background check would have been questionable. But as an escaped Con, he had no rights.

Companies can run background checks as part of the authorized hiring process and bag most of this type of infractions. The Business just has to be up front about it as a requirement for hire. The Illegals will avoid that business like the plague.

The solution is not in our representatives hands, it's actually in ours. If we made the sacrifice to buy our own products, then that would help greatly. But since the 80's, the American consumer is obsessed with price. Quality doesn't matter anymore. Worrying about other Americans working doesn't matter anymore. It's all about how cheap I can get my products. No solidarity at all.

There is frequently no choice...ALL options are imported, there is no American product available at any price.

That's because nobody was buying them. You can buy a 50 foot string of Christmas lights for $28.00, or the same (only cheaper) 50 foot string of lights for $8.99. Which one are you going to buy?

My Truck is sitting in the Shop waiting on good parts. The list of return parts and return labor charges is mounting up. It seems that the last 40 foot container that every supplier drew from was chinese and faulty. Usually, it's 1 out of 3 that are not good. But in this case it's 100% bad. Monday, I am going to have to buy a European version to get the truck on the road of a control module that isn't made in the US anymore at about 2 times the cost of what the US could have produced it and 5 times more expensive than the chinese junk.

Or ... someone had been relying on doctors for years, and then they realized these family doctors were signing off on conditions that should have taken that person off the road, but they didn't want to jam them up.

You see, the better analogy would be a car accident. Most insurance companies require you to take the car into one of their shops for an evaluation, they don't rely on your local body shop that might be kicking you back a bit of money on the side.

Actually it's just a bunch of pencil pushers who are getting paid with nothing better to do. Bureaucrats are unconstitutional because the Constitution only authorizes the Congress to make laws and create fines. That way we voters have somebody to hold responsible for their actions against us. The politicians like them because when they want to do something against the people, they get the bureaucrats to do it instead, and that way they can't share the blame.

Quite the contrary, you are going to see a new labor movement in this country because people will demand it.

They don't have to demand it, all they have to do is start a union where they work. If the majority of workers vote for it, they have a union. But most workers realize they'd be cutting off their nose to spite their face. We've all seen companies leave the state or country entirely just to get away from unions.

The Power of the President can help Congress to get rid of the Illegals jobs. Imagine that, the President working with Congress towards something that is actually good for America?

This House refuses to work with the President. The only way to work with Democrats is to do everything their way. Their main goal is to make him look bad, and try to get rid of him. They spent all their time since getting leadership of the House to reach those goals.

They closed down government for the longest time in our history over a border wall. Trump was asking for 3 billion dollars. They didn't counter with 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 billion. They said no period. Do you know how much 3 billion dollars actually is? It's less than we spend for four weeks of food stamps. It wasn't about money, it was about making sure Trump didn't get credit for a huge decrease in border crossers.

And you think that it was any different when the Reps controlled the Senate under Obama? You certainly either have a short memory or those Orange Colored Glasses are getting in your way. As I stated, not a single Candidate (Including the Rump) has addressed the problem of employment prospects for illegals. Again, if you want to have fewer illegals coming into the US who take jobs and housing from US Citizens or Legal Immigrants then stop them from being able to work. Mexico would appreciate it because they have a severe shortage of workers in central Mexico right now.

Perhaps instead of this back and forth nonsense, read up on what the problems are with your solution:

ICE raids raise question: What about the employers?

That article, while factually correct, is actually a "Feel Sorry" for the employers. If an employer cannot afford to pay a decent wage to attract legal workers and won't use the Guest Worker Program then they probably should not be in business in the first place. When you see a business getting popped every 4 years and cutting deals to stay in business with ICE then there is a real problem. I would think that the first time, a hefty fine would be in order, the 2nd time, a crippling fine would be in order, and the 3rd time sent a bunch of the managers to prison. If you have a repeat business doing this, they really can't stand on the "I didn't Know" anymore.

You can believe that all you want, but what you can't do is blame Trump for it. This is a country with a complex legal system. Laws originate in the House, passed to the Senate, and if everything goes well, to the Presidents desk for signature. We don't live in an autocracy where Trump makes all the calls and no judges can stop him. If we did, then you could place all the blame on him.

My Truck hates Rump.

Americans will do any kind of work for the right money. The problem is these people come here stopping that natural wage increase. Those of us on the right and in the middle understand this simple concept. That's why Trump is going to easily win reelection.

Fracking doesn't produce that much oil. We could easily make that up buying it from easier sources. This is about the oil industry raping the environment because they can.

Of course it doesn't. Our drastic fuel price decrease had little to do with fracking. In fact it had nothing to do with us becoming the worlds largest exporter in energy. :1041:

If that were a reason to vote nor not to vote for Rump them you shouldn't vote for him. Way too much hype on "The Wall" and zero on busting businesses that knowingly hire illegals. You can't stop the illegals from coming in and staying if they have jobs and housing. Take away their jobs and housing and they no longer have a reason to come here much less stay at such a high number.

So on that, I say, don't vote for Rump. Then again, not one single Candidate has addressed this problem so none of them gets my endorsement.
Don't vote for Trump you say, but no Democrats are talking about controlling immigration or out of control migration to this country. In fact they are way worse than Trump on any of the issues. How can you be against Trump when he's doing way more on these issues than ever before ??

He's not doing way more. He is making a bigger mess than before. And what's worse, he does it very publicly and very loudly. And you buy the con he's doing more.

My Truck is sitting in the Shop waiting on good parts. The list of return parts and return labor charges is mounting up. It seems that the last 40 foot container that every supplier drew from was chinese and faulty. Usually, it's 1 out of 3 that are not good. But in this case it's 100% bad. Monday, I am going to have to buy a European version to get the truck on the road of a control module that isn't made in the US anymore at about 2 times the cost of what the US could have produced it and 5 times more expensive than the chinese junk.

I have seen that happen where I worked. We had one company ship parts to China for welding. Some of them came back defective. While the Chinese company didn't charge to redo those parts, it was a fortune in shipping costs which of course, they don't cover. It was just cheeper to have the parts welded over here. If something was amiss, we just had to pick them up and drive them back to the welders.

I have seen that happen where I worked. We had one company ship parts to China for welding. Some of them came back defective. While the Chinese company didn't charge to redo those parts, it was a fortune in shipping costs which of course, they don't cover. It was just cheeper to have the parts welded over here. If something was amiss, we just had to pick them up and drive them back to the welders.

Right now, I blame the Tariffs. The Chinese, rather than raise the prices, they lowered the quality. I have never seen 5 bad modules in a row in my life. Maybe 1 out of 3 but 10 out of 10? And from different parts houses. My Truck hates Rump. And it's not real fond of me either.

He's not doing way more. He is making a bigger mess than before. And what's worse, he does it very publicly and very loudly. And you buy the con he's doing more.

He's doing a lot of things, but the MSM won't report his success. If the Democrats can't get in his way, the commie courts do. If Trump didn't have people constantly getting in his way, he'd have accomplished ten times more than he already has.

White House Explains New Birth Tourism Crackdown

Right now, I blame the Tariffs. The Chinese, rather than raise the prices, they lowered the quality. I have never seen 5 bad modules in a row in my life. Maybe 1 out of 3 but 10 out of 10? And from different parts houses. My Truck hates Rump. And it's not real fond of me either.

It has nothing to do with the tariffs. China is renown for low quality work. I've been dealing with Chinese freight for over 15 years. And actually years ago, they were much worse.

He's doing a lot of things, but the MSM won't report his success. If the Democrats can't get in his way, the commie courts do. If Trump didn't have people constantly getting in his way, he'd have accomplished ten times more than he already has.

You are giving credit for something that's been there for quite some time. I am sure you can look a bit deeper and finds something Rump actually DID rather than believe his BS where he takes credit for something that already exists and just reworded it.

This House refuses to work with the President. The only way to work with Democrats is to do everything their way. Their main goal is to make him look bad, and try to get rid of him. They spent all their time since getting leadership of the House to reach those goals.

They closed down government for the longest time in our history over a border wall. Trump was asking for 3 billion dollars. They didn't counter with 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 billion. They said no period. Do you know how much 3 billion dollars actually is? It's less than we spend for four weeks of food stamps. It wasn't about money, it was about making sure Trump didn't get credit for a huge decrease in border crossers.

And you think that it was any different when the Reps controlled the Senate under Obama? You certainly either have a short memory or those Orange Colored Glasses are getting in your way. As I stated, not a single Candidate (Including the Rump) has addressed the problem of employment prospects for illegals. Again, if you want to have fewer illegals coming into the US who take jobs and housing from US Citizens or Legal Immigrants then stop them from being able to work. Mexico would appreciate it because they have a severe shortage of workers in central Mexico right now.

Perhaps instead of this back and forth nonsense, read up on what the problems are with your solution:

That article, while factually correct, is actually a "Feel Sorry" for the employers. If an employer cannot afford to pay a decent wage to attract legal workers and won't use the Guest Worker Program then they probably should not be in business in the first place. When you see a business getting popped every 4 years and cutting deals to stay in business with ICE then there is a real problem. I would think that the first time, a hefty fine would be in order, the 2nd time, a crippling fine would be in order, and the 3rd time sent a bunch of the managers to prison. If you have a repeat business doing this, they really can't stand on the "I didn't Know" anymore.

You can believe that all you want, but what you can't do is blame Trump for it. This is a country with a complex legal system. Laws originate in the House, passed to the Senate, and if everything goes well, to the Presidents desk for signature. We don't live in an autocracy where Trump makes all the calls and no judges can stop him. If we did, then you could place all the blame on him.

My Truck hates Rump.

Tell your truck not to vote for Trump. :iyfyus.jpg:

It has nothing to do with the tariffs. China is renown for low quality work. I've been dealing with Chinese freight for over 15 years. And actually years ago, they were much worse.

That's why we accepted the 1 out of 3 being bad. Back in the days when it was Made in USA, you were quite certain that it would be right the first time. But 10 out of 10 being bad in a row?

You are giving credit for something that's been there for quite some time. I am sure you can look a bit deeper and finds something Rump actually DID rather than believe his BS where he takes credit for something that already exists and just reworded it.

Oh please, you didn't even read it. You never even opened it. Who ever addressed the Birther Tourism problem? Did DumBama do it? Did Bush do it? Of course not. Nobody wanted to address it.

My Truck hates Rump.

Tell your truck not to vote for Trump. :iyfyus.jpg:

My Truck is voting for Carl Shelby again.

Forum List

Back