Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

The problem is, most people realize that if they are better off, it's not because of him. We had a good economy in 2016, we have a good economy now. The whole, "Are you better off" question only really works if things were bad.

The ironic thing about Reagan was that things actually got WORSE when he was in office, and had only really just returned to the same level of unemployment when he beat Carter. But the thing was, Reagan was dignified, presidential and didn't make a mockery of the office.

Most people are better off today. Statistics and polls prove it. More jobs around, wages are growing. New record lows in unemployment for every minority group. New record for median household income. Things have never been better.

But why is demand down? This is the question you don't get. Hey, maybe it's because people aren't driving gas guzzling SUV's so much.

Your chart shows the recession. Again, when the economy is booming, we consume more fuel. When the economy is slow we use less fuel.

content_dam_ogj_online_articles_2019_01_190116_eia_steo_chart_final.png

That Americans don't want to do that kind of work? Um. Yeah.

Americans will do any kind of work for the right money. The problem is these people come here stopping that natural wage increase. Those of us on the right and in the middle understand this simple concept. That's why Trump is going to easily win reelection.

The Economist: Tougher Immigration Policy Seems to Raise Wages

Fracking doesn't produce that much oil. We could easily make that up buying it from easier sources. This is about the oil industry raping the environment because they can.

Of course it doesn't. Our drastic fuel price decrease had little to do with fracking. In fact it had nothing to do with us becoming the worlds largest exporter in energy. :1041:

If that were a reason to vote nor not to vote for Rump them you shouldn't vote for him. Way too much hype on "The Wall" and zero on busting businesses that knowingly hire illegals. You can't stop the illegals from coming in and staying if they have jobs and housing. Take away their jobs and housing and they no longer have a reason to come here much less stay at such a high number.

So on that, I say, don't vote for Rump. Then again, not one single Candidate has addressed this problem so none of them gets my endorsement.

Like I said, Trump is doing more to tackle the illegal immigration problem than anybody in the last 20 years. But there is only so much he can do. He doesn't have a machine that tells him where all the illegals are working. Even if he did, all he could do is have ICE nab them, but then it's out of his hands. It's in some liberal judges court room and he has no control over that.

No, it's not out of his hands. He could work with Congress and get something passed where the penalties were more severe than a slap on the hand for knowingly hiring illegal aliens. And yes, he does have a machine to tell him. it's called the various levels of Government and LEOs across the nation. Give them the teeth they need to get the job done. And stop blaming Congress or anyone else on this. Congress and Rump are equally saddle the blame. In fact, on both sides of the isle, Congress Critters and Rump both benefit from being able to hire illegals. So it's not just the Liberals, it's everyone.

Russia, Russia, Russia, oh wait now it's Mara-Lago, Mara-Lago, Mara Lago... LOL. I can't keep up. Rotflmbo

free ride, free ride, free ride. If you Orange Deity is doing then it's okay if everyone else is doing as well. Forget about the law and the damage it does to middle America. And then you want to complain when a bunch of Democrats offer DLs to Illegals so they are safer to get to that illegal job from that illegal housing.

Stop the jobs and the housing and the Illegals don't have a reason to be driving anywhere much less be there in the first place. Do what needs to be done to stop the Employment. And just deporting them only brings in the next wave. When Rump decides to stop using Illegals and goes after the employers hard to remove the jobs then He gets a attaboy from me. But instead, he's a POS.

Wait a minute, didn't you anti-Trump people complain that he is bypassing Congress to get things done? Now you want him to change laws without Congress?

The Power of the President can help Congress to get rid of the Illegals jobs. Imagine that, the President working with Congress towards something that is actually good for America?

This House refuses to work with the President. The only way to work with Democrats is to do everything their way. Their main goal is to make him look bad, and try to get rid of him. They spent all their time since getting leadership of the House to reach those goals.

They closed down government for the longest time in our history over a border wall. Trump was asking for 3 billion dollars. They didn't counter with 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 billion. They said no period. Do you know how much 3 billion dollars actually is? It's less than we spend for four weeks of food stamps. It wasn't about money, it was about making sure Trump didn't get credit for a huge decrease in border crossers.

And you think that it was any different when the Reps controlled the Senate under Obama? You certainly either have a short memory or those Orange Colored Glasses are getting in your way. As I stated, not a single Candidate (Including the Rump) has addressed the problem of employment prospects for illegals. Again, if you want to have fewer illegals coming into the US who take jobs and housing from US Citizens or Legal Immigrants then stop them from being able to work. Mexico would appreciate it because they have a severe shortage of workers in central Mexico right now.

Perhaps instead of this back and forth nonsense, read up on what the problems are with your solution:

ICE raids raise question: What about the employers?

free ride, free ride, free ride. If you Orange Deity is doing then it's okay if everyone else is doing as well. Forget about the law and the damage it does to middle America. And then you want to complain when a bunch of Democrats offer DLs to Illegals so they are safer to get to that illegal job from that illegal housing.

Stop the jobs and the housing and the Illegals don't have a reason to be driving anywhere much less be there in the first place. Do what needs to be done to stop the Employment. And just deporting them only brings in the next wave. When Rump decides to stop using Illegals and goes after the employers hard to remove the jobs then He gets a attaboy from me. But instead, he's a POS.

Wait a minute, didn't you anti-Trump people complain that he is bypassing Congress to get things done? Now you want him to change laws without Congress?

The Power of the President can help Congress to get rid of the Illegals jobs. Imagine that, the President working with Congress towards something that is actually good for America?

This House refuses to work with the President. The only way to work with Democrats is to do everything their way. Their main goal is to make him look bad, and try to get rid of him. They spent all their time since getting leadership of the House to reach those goals.

They closed down government for the longest time in our history over a border wall. Trump was asking for 3 billion dollars. They didn't counter with 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 billion. They said no period. Do you know how much 3 billion dollars actually is? It's less than we spend for four weeks of food stamps. It wasn't about money, it was about making sure Trump didn't get credit for a huge decrease in border crossers.

And you think that it was any different when the Reps controlled the Senate under Obama? You certainly either have a short memory or those Orange Colored Glasses are getting in your way. As I stated, not a single Candidate (Including the Rump) has addressed the problem of employment prospects for illegals. Again, if you want to have fewer illegals coming into the US who take jobs and housing from US Citizens or Legal Immigrants then stop them from being able to work. Mexico would appreciate it because they have a severe shortage of workers in central Mexico right now.

Perhaps instead of this back and forth nonsense, read up on what the problems are with your solution:

That article, while factually correct, is actually a "Feel Sorry" for the employers. If an employer cannot afford to pay a decent wage to attract legal workers and won't use the Guest Worker Program then they probably should not be in business in the first place. When you see a business getting popped every 4 years and cutting deals to stay in business with ICE then there is a real problem. I would think that the first time, a hefty fine would be in order, the 2nd time, a crippling fine would be in order, and the 3rd time sent a bunch of the managers to prison. If you have a repeat business doing this, they really can't stand on the "I didn't Know" anymore.

What does a Drivers License have to do with immigration?

It just makes sure drivers have the proper skills and training?
It helps with the I-9 form to comply with the Reagan immgration policy..............

Instead of them having to pay at the Forgery centers for illegals that was set up after the law was passed in 1986.

And now both sides.....say E-VERIFY..............which is now proving to be a dang failure......

Oh.......sorry ......illegals can't vote...........but millions of them get jobs here with FAKE id.s and SSN's and complete the I-9 forms which are the law.....

They can do all that.............BUT CAN'T VOTE..............that would be illegal.
:abgg2q.jpg:

That article, while factually correct, is actually a "Feel Sorry" for the employers. If an employer cannot afford to pay a decent wage to attract legal workers and won't use the Guest Worker Program then they probably should not be in business in the first place. When you see a business getting popped every 4 years and cutting deals to stay in business with ICE then there is a real problem. I would think that the first time, a hefty fine would be in order, the 2nd time, a crippling fine would be in order, and the 3rd time sent a bunch of the managers to prison. If you have a repeat business doing this, they really can't stand on the "I didn't Know" anymore.
The Chamber of Commerce owns both sides of the Political equation..............they don't care that they are here illegally..........they want Cheap Labor.....and will look the other way when they hire illegals........

Our politicians will not fix this.............THEY DON'T WANT TO........they want Cheap labor to put more money in their pockets........Doesn't matter if they have a D or R on them.

Agree, but as you could see, I said only if it is done right. That includes everything in doing it right.

There is no immigration problem on an administrative level. The only immigration problem we have are those who get into this country illegally, and then allow the Democrats to pander to them. Then they tell us these people are not illegally voting. HELLO! Politicians don't cater to people that don't vote for them, they cater to people that do. Of course they know the illegals are voting Democrat.
Everywhere there are legal immigrants from the south, there are illegal immigrants among them. IF the Democrats are "pandering," they are pandering to the legal immigrants who are friends/relatives of the illegals that they will vote to treat decently. Of course they don't want to see them deported. You wouldn't either. The vast majority of illegals would never get close to a polling place. Too risky.

I do agree that registering to vote at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles when you go to renew your license or whatever is a stupid idea that should be discontinued. Go to your town office and register, providing proof of citizenship. Citizenship is not necessary for a DL; a green card will do.
I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.

All of which could be solved by kicking them out of the country, and preventing them coming here in the first place.

Your liberal friends here want to see you thrown in prison. If you highly suspect your maid is here illegally and not reporting her, then you sir are a criminal according to them.

Always the liberals' fault, eh? Well, the business owners who hire the illegals never seem to get arrested, do they? one link below. Even trump was hiring illegals and might still be doing it. Maybe he should have himself arrested to serve as an example. Illegal immigration is just something trump decided to run on same has his pretending he's a christian, reads the bible, etc.
Hundreds Of Employees Were Arrested In An ICE Raid. The Bosses Went Home Without A Charge.

Many times, employers DO check...and hire an illegal alien anyway. I worked with (at least) one...but he checked out. He had a CDL, a chauffeur's license, a school bus license, and had even worked for a school district! But he was an illegal alien from Guatemala.

There is no immigration problem on an administrative level. The only immigration problem we have are those who get into this country illegally, and then allow the Democrats to pander to them. Then they tell us these people are not illegally voting. HELLO! Politicians don't cater to people that don't vote for them, they cater to people that do. Of course they know the illegals are voting Democrat.
Everywhere there are legal immigrants from the south, there are illegal immigrants among them. IF the Democrats are "pandering," they are pandering to the legal immigrants who are friends/relatives of the illegals that they will vote to treat decently. Of course they don't want to see them deported. You wouldn't either. The vast majority of illegals would never get close to a polling place. Too risky.

I do agree that registering to vote at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles when you go to renew your license or whatever is a stupid idea that should be discontinued. Go to your town office and register, providing proof of citizenship. Citizenship is not necessary for a DL; a green card will do.
I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.

All of which could be solved by kicking them out of the country, and preventing them coming here in the first place.

Your liberal friends here want to see you thrown in prison. If you highly suspect your maid is here illegally and not reporting her, then you sir are a criminal according to them.

Always the liberals' fault, eh? Well, the business owners who hire the illegals never seem to get arrested, do they? one link below. Even trump was hiring illegals and might still be doing it. Maybe he should have himself arrested to serve as an example. Illegal immigration is just something trump decided to run on same has his pretending he's a christian, reads the bible, etc.
Hundreds Of Employees Were Arrested In An ICE Raid. The Bosses Went Home Without A Charge.

Many times, employers DO check...and hire an illegal alien anyway. I worked with (at least) one...but he checked out. He had a CDL, a chauffeur's license, a school bus license, and had even worked for a school district! But he was an illegal alien from Guatemala.
They have been doing this for decades..........they are very very good at it now..........

They had a major raid to a slaughter house in Mississippi not too long ago...........the sub contractor who was in charge of E-VERIFY..............did a half assed job but did submit to the system...............it FAILED MISERABLY.....

The system wasn't designed to check the Fake ID. network.
E-Verify is a joke.

Legally, you would be aiding and abetting a crime. Yes, catch them and kick them out. But you also want to remove the available jobs for them as well to remove the temptation. And how do we do this? Adhere to the LAW. You know, that funny little thing that you rtwingnutjobs think you are above when it suits you.

We're doing what we can by having business raids and arresting the illegals, but we can't force companies to obey the laws. Companies hire big time lawyers. If they get caught, let the lawyers handle it. The best way to stop them from getting hired is them not being here in the first place.

Are you saying that if the Employer is caught aiding and abetting that he should be ignored so that he can continue with the next batch after his first batch is arrested by ICE? The only thing that did was to encourage more to enter the US illegally because they have a ready made job waiting for them.

I never said that at all. I made reference to Floppers situation.

What happens is after a bust, the prosecutor has to prove to the court that the employer knowingly hired illegals, which is very difficult to do. It's hard to prove that the employer had knowledge of their legal status. If the prosecutor has no evidence to show the courts, it doesn't even make sense to prosecute it. Even in employers cases, they are innocent until proven guilty.

It's kind of like if a prosecutor had to prove you did not fear for your life or serious bodily harm if you used deadly force. How is a prosecutor supposed to prove what you were thinking at the time?

I may be incorrect by this, but I've never seen an industry get busted twice for hiring illegals. After the first time, they either quit practicing those hiring policies or made extra effort to make sure they were not hiring illegal aliens.

Then we need an accurate DB system to draw from. The SS system should be a good one. Yes, I know, some jinx the system but most of the illegals don't. They get hired without a decent SS and the only way a employer can justify that is to know they are illegals. It's pretty simple. And if they discover later they are illegal, turn them over to ice. If the Employer is making the effort then you can't really prosecute him. But most don't even make the effort. They just reap the benefits. The system is there for them to prevent hiring illegals.
So...do the words "identity theft" mean anything to you?

They have been doing this for decades..........they are very very good at it now..........

They had a major raid to a slaughter house in Mississippi not too long ago...........the sub contractor who was in charge of E-VERIFY..............did a half assed job but did submit to the system...............it FAILED MISERABLY.....

E-Verify is a joke.

My experience pre-dated e-verify.

We're doing what we can by having business raids and arresting the illegals, but we can't force companies to obey the laws. Companies hire big time lawyers. If they get caught, let the lawyers handle it. The best way to stop them from getting hired is them not being here in the first place.

Are you saying that if the Employer is caught aiding and abetting that he should be ignored so that he can continue with the next batch after his first batch is arrested by ICE? The only thing that did was to encourage more to enter the US illegally because they have a ready made job waiting for them.

I never said that at all. I made reference to Floppers situation.

What happens is after a bust, the prosecutor has to prove to the court that the employer knowingly hired illegals, which is very difficult to do. It's hard to prove that the employer had knowledge of their legal status. If the prosecutor has no evidence to show the courts, it doesn't even make sense to prosecute it. Even in employers cases, they are innocent until proven guilty.

It's kind of like if a prosecutor had to prove you did not fear for your life or serious bodily harm if you used deadly force. How is a prosecutor supposed to prove what you were thinking at the time?

I may be incorrect by this, but I've never seen an industry get busted twice for hiring illegals. After the first time, they either quit practicing those hiring policies or made extra effort to make sure they were not hiring illegal aliens.

Then we need an accurate DB system to draw from. The SS system should be a good one. Yes, I know, some jinx the system but most of the illegals don't. They get hired without a decent SS and the only way a employer can justify that is to know they are illegals. It's pretty simple. And if they discover later they are illegal, turn them over to ice. If the Employer is making the effort then you can't really prosecute him. But most don't even make the effort. They just reap the benefits. The system is there for them to prevent hiring illegals.

Illegals can sue a company for discrimination if the employer doesn't hire them. So the onus is on them. They are damned if they do and damned if they don't.

And how can an Illegal do that if they have no right to employment? Yah, they are going to go into court in front of a judge and plea that case? ICE will be waiting in the hallway.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

Americans will do any kind of work for the right money. The problem is these people come here stopping that natural wage increase. Those of us on the right and in the middle understand this simple concept. That's why Trump is going to easily win reelection.

Fracking doesn't produce that much oil. We could easily make that up buying it from easier sources. This is about the oil industry raping the environment because they can.

Of course it doesn't. Our drastic fuel price decrease had little to do with fracking. In fact it had nothing to do with us becoming the worlds largest exporter in energy. :1041:

If that were a reason to vote nor not to vote for Rump them you shouldn't vote for him. Way too much hype on "The Wall" and zero on busting businesses that knowingly hire illegals. You can't stop the illegals from coming in and staying if they have jobs and housing. Take away their jobs and housing and they no longer have a reason to come here much less stay at such a high number.

So on that, I say, don't vote for Rump. Then again, not one single Candidate has addressed this problem so none of them gets my endorsement.

Like I said, Trump is doing more to tackle the illegal immigration problem than anybody in the last 20 years. But there is only so much he can do. He doesn't have a machine that tells him where all the illegals are working. Even if he did, all he could do is have ICE nab them, but then it's out of his hands. It's in some liberal judges court room and he has no control over that.
Oh please. Are you trying to imply that "liberal judges" don't send them home? Of course they do. The courts are so backed up with cases that it takes ages for an illegal to get before a judge, but that's on the Trump administration for not sending more judges to clear out the backlog.

Oh please. Are you trying to imply that "liberal judges" don't send them home? Of course they do. The courts are so backed up with cases that it takes ages for an illegal to get before a judge, but that's on the Trump administration for not sending more judges to clear out the backlog.
LOL

They have years worth of back logs..............and requests for funding much more court room personnel and judges have been DENIED............

But the courts are used to FORCE RELEASE...................because you can't hold them past the 3 week mark..............and so on...................Then they don't SHOW UP FOR COURT.............and when caught by city or State police in places like California ...............They don't INFORM ICE because they are a SANCTUARY............

LOL

Go play poker with a dealer that has 3 extra decks of cards up his sleeves........you will WIN........TRUST ME
:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:

It's already been covered in here. The Bulk of the Illegals entered through the ports of entry and either had fake papers or just overstayed their Visas. Sounds to me like the overstay of the Visa should be the easiest to fix.

There is no science on that. The only way to calculate how many people get in through the border is by the arrests made, but as we all know, that's only the arrests and there is no possible way to know how many made it through and got away with it.

With Visa's, it's easy to calculate how many didn't leave on expiration. They didn't turn their Visa's back in. It doesn't work that way on the border.

If the data doesn't jibe with your Orange Deities speeches then doubt the data. The Data is sound. Maybe not perfect but it's more perfect than just making up as you go and denying the data completely. Today, very few Mexican Nationals actually sneak into the US by way of illegal crossings outside the entry points. The majority of the crossings are from the countries south of mexico and most of those seek out the nearest Border Patrol and turn themselves in.

Of course, there are the Drug Smugglers. And even a 50 foot wall doesn't even slow them down. If they can't climb it, they just toss their packages over the wall and someone on the other side picks it up. Or they tunnel under the wall. '

Mexico has a shortage of workers right now in Central Mexico. Almost every qualified and able person coming up from the south are offered jobs. The Mexican National has very little reason to illegally cross these days. In the Industrial Areas, there aren't Drug Cartels since that would be very, very bad for business and the Uber Rich Mexicans will spend any amount of money to prevent that from happening. Don't judge all of Mexico by the Border regions. I have friends that live in central Mexico along the coast and there are no Drug Cartels or high crime in those areas. It's like condemning all of America for the high crime and drug neighborhoods in Chicago.

Most of the Mexican Nationals that re working illegally are repeat customers who get deported over and over again. Even the criminals are multi deported illegals. What draws them here? They have family here and can easily find work and have been doing it for nigh on 20 years or more. No wall is going to stop this type. Take away their ability to earn a living, make them hungry, cold, wet and Mexico will have jobs for them in a heart beat. But in order to deny them employment we have to bust the employers hard. No excuses, no exceptions unless the Employer is making an effort not to hire illegals.

Tunnels take months to construct. Is it better to just let them walk across the border, of make them dig month long tunnels to do the same.

Nobody ever claimed that walls will stop everybody. Our claim is that walls will stop most. As for estimates on how illegals get into this country, yes, most get in with Visa's. But again, the only calculation they otherwise have on border crossers are those who have been apprehending it while in the process. Look....I'll even use a very bias and pro-immigrant leftist source like NPR to prove my claim:

About 700,000 travelers to the United States overstayed their visas in fiscal 2017, the most recent year for which the Department of Homeland Security has published figures. DHS estimated that, as of Sept. 30, 2017, the end of that fiscal year, more than 600,000 of those travelers were still in the U.S.

During that same year, there were just 300,000 apprehensions along the Southern border, according to Customs and Border Protection — the lowest number since 1971.

Where Does Illegal Immigration Mostly Occur? Here's What The Data Tell Us

So according to NPR, the majority of people here do get in using Visa's. However, half of that number of people have been apprehended crossing the southern border--again, those are only the ones that got caught.

It's clear as day that a border wall would do a lot of good in the reduction of illegals entering the US. 300,000 is a lot of people even if we don't capture them all. So the wall would stop most of those 300,000, plus the ones that get into the country that were not apprehended or detected. I say the wall is well worth it even if we consider those 300,000 alone.

You keep saying "Wall, Wall, Wall, Wall". The fact is the Wall only works in about 800 miles total of the entire almost 2000 mile border. And 733 of it has already been built. Yes, it needs repair and replacement in many areas. The "Wall" only lasts about 10 years before it needs to be repaired or replaced so it's an ongoing program. But when you try and build past that amount then you are wasting good money when far cheaper methods can be used that are even more effective. And we both know what those methods are so let's not play stupid here and discuss the. And let's not keep screaming "Wall, Wall, Wall, Wall" either because that's stupid as well.

Did you ever see some of those so-called walls that need repair all the time? I could have climbed one of those when I was 10. They are just eight foot high sheet metal structures only for symbolism. They are virtually worthless. The new walls that Trump decided on by the suggestion of the border patrol are 30 foot high steel posts filled with concrete. They decided on that design so that border patrol can see somebody approaching the wall to make an attempt to get over. That gives them time to respond and stop them before they get over, or to delay them long enough to arrest them should they actually breach the wall.

I don't see much in the way of maintenance or repair since nobody is going to cut through cement filled steel. And no, I don't know of anyway cheaper to do it, or be more efficient. What the wall will cost us is about what we spend on food stamps for a little over half a month. Given the fact it's an investment that will payoff itself, it's well worth it to me.

Any other method used can be reversed by the Democrats if they ever gain power again. But a wall is there forever. They can't reverse that without making their intentions known, and risk losing power to Republicans again, not to mention the expense of removal. That's why they fill your head up with these lies that a wall is useless. If they really believed that, they would let Trump have his wall with their blessings. But they know how effective it will be, and that they would have no power to remove it once erected.

Armed drones with shoot-on-sight RoE might be cheaper.

E-Verify is a joke.
Is there some reason why we can't crush the Fake ID network?
It's illegal, too, right? I have NEVER heard it even mentioned.

There is no science on that. The only way to calculate how many people get in through the border is by the arrests made, but as we all know, that's only the arrests and there is no possible way to know how many made it through and got away with it.

With Visa's, it's easy to calculate how many didn't leave on expiration. They didn't turn their Visa's back in. It doesn't work that way on the border.

If the data doesn't jibe with your Orange Deities speeches then doubt the data. The Data is sound. Maybe not perfect but it's more perfect than just making up as you go and denying the data completely. Today, very few Mexican Nationals actually sneak into the US by way of illegal crossings outside the entry points. The majority of the crossings are from the countries south of mexico and most of those seek out the nearest Border Patrol and turn themselves in.

Of course, there are the Drug Smugglers. And even a 50 foot wall doesn't even slow them down. If they can't climb it, they just toss their packages over the wall and someone on the other side picks it up. Or they tunnel under the wall. '

Mexico has a shortage of workers right now in Central Mexico. Almost every qualified and able person coming up from the south are offered jobs. The Mexican National has very little reason to illegally cross these days. In the Industrial Areas, there aren't Drug Cartels since that would be very, very bad for business and the Uber Rich Mexicans will spend any amount of money to prevent that from happening. Don't judge all of Mexico by the Border regions. I have friends that live in central Mexico along the coast and there are no Drug Cartels or high crime in those areas. It's like condemning all of America for the high crime and drug neighborhoods in Chicago.

Most of the Mexican Nationals that re working illegally are repeat customers who get deported over and over again. Even the criminals are multi deported illegals. What draws them here? They have family here and can easily find work and have been doing it for nigh on 20 years or more. No wall is going to stop this type. Take away their ability to earn a living, make them hungry, cold, wet and Mexico will have jobs for them in a heart beat. But in order to deny them employment we have to bust the employers hard. No excuses, no exceptions unless the Employer is making an effort not to hire illegals.

Tunnels take months to construct. Is it better to just let them walk across the border, of make them dig month long tunnels to do the same.

Nobody ever claimed that walls will stop everybody. Our claim is that walls will stop most. As for estimates on how illegals get into this country, yes, most get in with Visa's. But again, the only calculation they otherwise have on border crossers are those who have been apprehending it while in the process. Look....I'll even use a very bias and pro-immigrant leftist source like NPR to prove my claim:

About 700,000 travelers to the United States overstayed their visas in fiscal 2017, the most recent year for which the Department of Homeland Security has published figures. DHS estimated that, as of Sept. 30, 2017, the end of that fiscal year, more than 600,000 of those travelers were still in the U.S.

During that same year, there were just 300,000 apprehensions along the Southern border, according to Customs and Border Protection — the lowest number since 1971.

Where Does Illegal Immigration Mostly Occur? Here's What The Data Tell Us

So according to NPR, the majority of people here do get in using Visa's. However, half of that number of people have been apprehended crossing the southern border--again, those are only the ones that got caught.

It's clear as day that a border wall would do a lot of good in the reduction of illegals entering the US. 300,000 is a lot of people even if we don't capture them all. So the wall would stop most of those 300,000, plus the ones that get into the country that were not apprehended or detected. I say the wall is well worth it even if we consider those 300,000 alone.

You keep saying "Wall, Wall, Wall, Wall". The fact is the Wall only works in about 800 miles total of the entire almost 2000 mile border. And 733 of it has already been built. Yes, it needs repair and replacement in many areas. The "Wall" only lasts about 10 years before it needs to be repaired or replaced so it's an ongoing program. But when you try and build past that amount then you are wasting good money when far cheaper methods can be used that are even more effective. And we both know what those methods are so let's not play stupid here and discuss the. And let's not keep screaming "Wall, Wall, Wall, Wall" either because that's stupid as well.

Did you ever see some of those so-called walls that need repair all the time? I could have climbed one of those when I was 10. They are just eight foot high sheet metal structures only for symbolism. They are virtually worthless. The new walls that Trump decided on by the suggestion of the border patrol are 30 foot high steel posts filled with concrete. They decided on that design so that border patrol can see somebody approaching the wall to make an attempt to get over. That gives them time to respond and stop them before they get over, or to delay them long enough to arrest them should they actually breach the wall.

I don't see much in the way of maintenance or repair since nobody is going to cut through cement filled steel. And no, I don't know of anyway cheaper to do it, or be more efficient. What the wall will cost us is about what we spend on food stamps for a little over half a month. Given the fact it's an investment that will payoff itself, it's well worth it to me.

Any other method used can be reversed by the Democrats if they ever gain power again. But a wall is there forever. They can't reverse that without making their intentions known, and risk losing power to Republicans again, not to mention the expense of removal. That's why they fill your head up with these lies that a wall is useless. If they really believed that, they would let Trump have his wall with their blessings. But they know how effective it will be, and that they would have no power to remove it once erected.

There you go again. "They" don't fill my head with anything. I've lived in the desert regions in the Southwest. I've lived in the Rocky Mountains. I've lived in the Canyon regions.

In the Rocky Mountain and Canyon Regions there will be NO WALLS ever. You think they are expensive to place around El Paso or Sand Diego? It would be hundreds of billions per mile to place them in the Rockies and Canyon areas. And the disruption for the environment would be out of sight. I know Rump doesn't care about environment impacts but danged, it would be devastating. And besides, that billion dollar wall per mile wouldn't make it past 10 years in many areas before mother nature does her thing.

In the Desert Areas, putting that wall up is a huge waste of money. You can see for 20 miles. There is a reason that illegals don't come up that way. They won't make it. Those that try and live only make it because some Border Patrol comes buy and rescues them before they expire from the elements. Mother Nature put her own version of the wall up already. Put the boots back onto the ground to save lives like it used to be. And yes, the Coyotes do take people that route only so far. They dump them. The traveler won't make it unless the Border Patrol can get to them in time. Pulling Border Patrol off to go baby sit somewhere else doesn't mean more will get through. It will only mean more will die trying to make it.
A 100% fatality rate for illegal crossing would be a good thing.

If YOU had read it, you would have read the "Lawful Present Aliens" in your own cite. YOU didn't read your own cite but I did. Now, how about coming up with a case of a real "Illegal Immigrant" that has successfully sued like that. DACA people are authorized to work in the US pending a resolve by Congress for the DACA.

Where did I state anybody successfully sued an employer? I only provided evidence that it is possible and supported by a court. While it may have never happened.....yet, it's something employers who are in a highly populated areas of immigrants have to take into consideration when they are deciding on hiring applicants they believe may not be legal in this country.

My point here is that it's wrong to place all the burden on the employer alone. They are in a bad situation.

They are in about the best situation they can be in. They can hire at a lower wage, fewer benefits, workers that are illegal with no repercussions what so ever. Again, just do a follow up with the Social Security Number. If a program is not in place to do so then we need one put in place to do so. Just having that little blue card should not be enough since there is just way too much fraud.

One of the things founds by interviewing the ex workers from Jaimaica, at Mara-a-Largo, during it's construction, the HR department was very aware that many were undocumented workers. They helped them fake the paperwork to scam the system. When the construction was done, they were sent back to the Island and forgotten about. They workers were paid well below what any US Worker would have been paid. Even knowing this, what does the Government do about it? Nothing. But if ICE caught wind of it, the workers would have been deported and still nothing would have been done about it. So don't tell me that the Employers are in a bad way.

Or how about that Chicken Processing Plant in GA. Ice raided the place and over 100 undocumented workers were arrested and deported. If ICE can figure it out, so can the employer. What happens? The current crew of undocumented workers are departed and the next batch of undocumented workers are brought in. This isn't an exception, it's the norm.

I worked as a Manager for a United Moving and Storage Company. We had a Lupi Sanchez working there. I knew him from long ago. He was born and raised in my home town. We also had 4 other Lupi Sanchez's working there as well who didn't speak english and had to work with Lupi on the crew. Their Birch Certificates were copies of the original Lupi's but they had different SS numbers. One would have to be a complete idiot not to believe that they were illegal aliens. And there are hundreds of thousands of employers that play that game.

Here are the penalties that an Employer MAY be leveled

Penalties

There is no mention of Prosecution at all. it's all put on the Employed, not the employer. Yes, it's illegal to hire them knowingly but there is no real penalty. And that is the problem. There is nothing to stop the Employer to continue doing it over and over outside of having ICE opening a choak and puke right outside the front entrance.

Web of illegal immigration, fake IDs unraveled for workers at Amish-area chicken plant in Ohio

Fake ID market bypasses anti-fraud measures | TechRadar

Once upon a time, a new IDentity cost about 300 bucks. It bought a Birth Certificate from a baby that died not long after birth of about the same age. Using that, it established a Social Security Number and the and then a Drivers License. Presto Chango, you get to be a new person. The problem is, the birth records aren't necessarily cross checked with the death records in many places even today. I imagine that the price has gone up. There are people and organizations that make good livings providing these services. And retrieving that original birth certificate is NOT illegal. It's public record. What's done with it IS illegal though.

You keep bringing up the exception to the norm. This person is a lifelong criminal who knows how to cheat the system and has cheated it over and over. The normal Illegal doesn't have the contacts now the knowledge to do this.
Who is this person you speak of that is a life long criminal ??
The mouse in his pocket?

That much? It’s not that much. You just make that little.

I probably do better than you do, but you need to pretend to be well-off here, I guess.

They also hire landscapers, plumbers, contractors, pool maintenance workers, etc. Rich pay more than their “fair share”.

Actually, the rich rob the rest of us and then make us beg for their scraps... This is why Bernie is so popular right now.

You didn't think this through at all, did you?

#1) No you do not. You make $80k per year. Its laughable. Again, Google the house prices in Brookline, MA.

#2) He is popular with Leftists. He has zero chance in a general election. The "rich" do not rob anyone. What is your operational definition of "rich"?
One dollar more than he has.

E-Verify is a joke.
Is there some reason why we can't crush the Fake ID network?
It's illegal, too, right? I have NEVER heard it even mentioned.
You haven't looked then.............

Of course we could attack it.......and they have QUADROUPLED the Audits of Businesses under Trump...........but under the law they have to SCHEDULE the Audits.........giving time for Businesses to clean up their employment records................and all Business has to do is say WELL THEY HAD THE PROPER DOCUMENTS...

And even if caught.......the fines aren't that large...............

The IRS and Social Security Agencies have OPENLY admitted that these fake ID's exist by the millions......but they don't care.......because they pay taxes........and the fake SSN's can't get the retirement.........LOL

I've sown this information on threads over time many times.

LOL

They have years worth of back logs..............and requests for funding much more court room personnel and judges have been DENIED............

But the courts are used to FORCE RELEASE...................because you can't hold them past the 3 week mark..............and so on...................Then they don't SHOW UP FOR COURT.............and when caught by city or State police in places like California ...............They don't INFORM ICE because they are a SANCTUARY............

LOL

Go play poker with a dealer that has 3 extra decks of cards up his sleeves........you will WIN........TRUST ME
:abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
I'm pretty sure this administration changed their rules and WERE able to keep them until their trial, but they didn't think ahead of where they were going to house all those people, or the fact that so many were coming with children, so it couldn't be a jail.
That's definitely not giving the situation adequate thought. Stupid rhetoric to make Wall people happy but in the end this administration has allowed exactly the same thing. Except some now I hear are wearing ankle bracelets.

Forum List

Back