Republican bill stops funding to states issuing DL's to illegals

Nope. Capitalism how it is now was not around. Whatever Amendment gives you the right to own property. Real life? I am a father of two kids. That’s as real as it gets. You got? Zero. Makes sense.

Not going to talk about family because it's against the rules, REPORTED.

You want to talk about issues, fine. You want to talk about family, I will report you. DONE.

Again, you are the one who thinks that getting money from the government is "communist", but given the choice, instead of trying to find some other work you can do (which would have been MY first option) you are grabbing that big old bag of money with both hands.

Now, funny thing, my sister lost her eyesight about 8 years before she passed away, and Social Security Disability fought her tooth and nail before paying her benefits. And she legitimately couldn't work in her chosen field. You whine about food stamps being received by working people (As they have enough cash from somewhere to buy kitty litter, which costs all of $5.00 a bag) but you are grabbing money with both hands when given the opportunity.

I have a real problem with hypocrisy, bud.

And they are probably going to fight me as well. You speak from total ignorance Joe. You are criticizing my situation which is one you've never been in yourself. Because government put me out of work at this age, I'm virtually unemployable. You try going and find a livable wage job filling out applications where you have no working experience at this age and see what kind of offers you get. Because that's the situation I'm in. I've been a professional driver most of my life, which means that's all I have experience in.

In a younger day, sure, I could go out and do something different. People had less of a problem hiring a younger person to perhaps train for a new job. After all, you might be with them another 20 or 25 years. They don't view a 60 year old with preexisting conditions that would be costly to their insurance the same way.

The problem with going to private doctors is you could keep "Doctor shopping" until you found one who would sign off. That's a terrible idea when public safety is involved.

Doctors have liability concerns not only with me, but with every patient. If a doctor didn't think I could do my job, they would not sign me out. After all, if something bad would happen, it's their ass too.

Bullshit. Besides I doubt any Plant Managers or Owners really have time to talk to the nameless minion who makes deliveries... do you really think these guys are being honest when they talk about why they are screwing over working folks?

It was the workers screwing them over, that's why they had to leave. A lot of people are ignorant about economics and competition as you are. Yes, I talked to a lot of people about this problem. After all, it's business for our company that I didn't want to see go.

Here's the problem with that mentality. Who are you going to sell your products to if you keep screwing working people out of a living wage? I could have a factory full of robots who work for nothing, but at the end of the day, I still need customers who can afford to pay me.

Worker / consumer solidarity left a long time ago Joe. Nobody cares where their products are manufactured at. They don't care if they are supporting American workers. All they care about is their products are cheap. I wish we did have that kind of solidarity. It would solve a lot of problems in our country.

And that's why you people are ruining the country. You vote on representatives like you voted for your favorite American Idol contestant. We on the right vote by results. I'll vote for somebody based on how good of a job they're doing. I don't care how they speak, dress, how nice of a looking family they have, their White House dog. The only thing that matters to me are results, and I love what I'm seeing.

I'm sure you do.

So let's look at your "results".

When Trump took office, you had a bottom feeder jobs, you didn't have health insurance and you live in a slum in Cleveland.

Four year into Trump, you don't have a job, you don't have health insurance and you STILL live in a slum in Cleveland.

BUT AT LEAST THEY GOT THAT NEGRO OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!!!

Trump is unfit for office, morally and intellectually...

What we are doing is flooding the market with oil and natural gas. It brings down prices for everybody which is good for our economy and the global economy. I just passed by my Shell gas station yesterday. $2.38 per gallon. And the only reason it's that high is because our new Governor added a ten cent per gallon road tax.

In a booming economy like this one, it's normal to have those $4.00 a gallon price for gasoline. The better the economy, the more energy used. But look at the chart and see how our prices today compared to recent years before.

Actually, the main reason why gasoline is slightly down is most of the world is moving away from it in favor of greener technologies and energy efficiency, which has a lot more to do with it than the fact we are polluting the water supply out in the west with fracking.
Does it hurt being this stupid?

Agree, but as you could see, I said only if it is done right. That includes everything in doing it right.

There is no immigration problem on an administrative level. The only immigration problem we have are those who get into this country illegally, and then allow the Democrats to pander to them. Then they tell us these people are not illegally voting. HELLO! Politicians don't cater to people that don't vote for them, they cater to people that do. Of course they know the illegals are voting Democrat.
Everywhere there are legal immigrants from the south, there are illegal immigrants among them. IF the Democrats are "pandering," they are pandering to the legal immigrants who are friends/relatives of the illegals that they will vote to treat decently. Of course they don't want to see them deported. You wouldn't either. The vast majority of illegals would never get close to a polling place. Too risky.

I do agree that registering to vote at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles when you go to renew your license or whatever is a stupid idea that should be discontinued. Go to your town office and register, providing proof of citizenship. Citizenship is not necessary for a DL; a green card will do.
I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.
The fact that many illegals are just decent, hard working people makes it hard for Americans to get firm about not hiring them. I think we have to, though, Flopper, in order to stop the huge influx of illegals into this country every year. Personally, it makes more sense to me that if everyone is working (which numbers say we are) then these illegal workers are NEEDED to keep things running, and that indicates that we need to increase the number of immigrants who can come here either permanently or on work visas. Then they would be paying payroll taxes like everyone else and people could stop bitching about illegals coming here to suck us dry via welfare and healthcare and blah blah blah.

Wage increases for Americans happen naturally through the supply and demand process. When supply is low, that benefits the worker, particularly the non-skilled worker. If you cheat the system and satisfy the demand, then wages stay stagnant or even lower.

We issue 50,000 green cards and Visa's a year. That's more than enough.
Then how are 10 million illegals being hired? I don't think the unemployment statistics indicate we have a large pool of workers who are out of a job because of illegals. It probably would explain why for so many years the average wage (when the cost of living is factored in) had not gone up in decades, though. However, we already have reports that there are more jobs than citizens to fill them.
So somehow, what you are saying and what is actually happening don't seem to fit.

They love public transportation any way so the DL fraud is mostly so they can commit other frauds in order to be more entrenched.

It's to make voter fraud more confusing to detect and harder to prosecute. If an illegal goes to the library (or wherever) to deliberately try and register to vote, he or she will get turned away. If they allow the person to register and they get caught, it's a criminal case.

If they automatically register you to vote while getting a drivers license, and a DMV worker registered an illegal, it's easy to claim it was an honest mistake. If the illegal gets caught voting, they can claim ignorance of the law. Their DL said they could vote, so they voted.
It isn't that their drivers license gives them permission--it is just the place where they are allowed to register for convenience. You keep pushing the myth that illegals vote. They may have their names on the voter rolls, but they are not going to the polling places. Too risky.

I'm sure you do.

So let's look at your "results".

When Trump took office, you had a bottom feeder jobs, you didn't have health insurance and you live in a slum in Cleveland.

Four year into Trump, you don't have a job, you don't have health insurance and you STILL live in a slum in Cleveland.

BUT AT LEAST THEY GOT THAT NEGRO OUT OF THE WHITE HOUSE!!!

Trump is unfit for office, morally and intellectually...

Then let's hope we get more morally and intellectually unfit Presidents in our future. I hope Trump does use the Reagan question while campaigning: Are you better off today than you were four years ago? Yes, I'm disappointed that Trump didn't attack our bureaucracy problem, but as we have seen, the Democrats harassing him constantly forces him to focus on other things.

Actually, the main reason why gasoline is slightly down is most of the world is moving away from it in favor of greener technologies and energy efficiency, which has a lot more to do with it than the fact we are polluting the water supply out in the west with fracking.

You are FOS. This is called supply and demand Joe. We are providing more supply than there is demand. When supply is ample, it brings down prices. When demand is greater, it brings up prices. It has nothing to do with overpriced green energy.

They love public transportation any way so the DL fraud is mostly so they can commit other frauds in order to be more entrenched.

It's to make voter fraud more confusing to detect and harder to prosecute. If an illegal goes to the library (or wherever) to deliberately try and register to vote, he or she will get turned away. If they allow the person to register and they get caught, it's a criminal case.

If they automatically register you to vote while getting a drivers license, and a DMV worker registered an illegal, it's easy to claim it was an honest mistake. If the illegal gets caught voting, they can claim ignorance of the law. Their DL said they could vote, so they voted.
It isn't that their drivers license gives them permission--it is just the place where they are allowed to register for convenience. You keep pushing the myth that illegals vote. They may have their names on the voter rolls, but they are not going to the polling places. Too risky.

What's risky about it? They broke our laws by being here in this country. In 2018, over 80,000 foreigners were deported that had DUI convictions or charges. It doesn't sound like they are too scared of anything to me. Did you see those lines at the DMV in NYC when they passed the law that allowed them to drive? They were in lines out of the door a half a block down. ICE could have sent a couple dozen paddy wagons there and scooped them all up. These people are not scared of anything.

Politicians pander to their voters, wouldn't you agree? If illegals didn't vote, why are the Democrats kissing their ass so much?

And they are probably going to fight me as well. You speak from total ignorance Joe. You are criticizing my situation which is one you've never been in yourself. Because government put me out of work at this age, I'm virtually unemployable. You try going and find a livable wage job filling out applications where you have no working experience at this age and see what kind of offers you get. Because that's the situation I'm in. I've been a professional driver most of my life, which means that's all I have experience in.

Well, let's see now. You could be a livery driver. No reason why you can't drive a limo instead of a truck. I mean, you'd need people skills for that, but that's not hard.

If the economy was as good as you say it is, there's no reason why you can't find a job. Trust me, I've gotten people jobs working with far less. I've placed people who've just gotten out of prison, who've been stay at home moms, who have recovered from Cancer...

Doctors have liability concerns not only with me, but with every patient. If a doctor didn't think I could do my job, they would not sign me out. After all, if something bad would happen, it's their ass too.

Is it? They only have to prove that they thought you were okay that day. The point was, the government appointed doctor who specializes in occupational health wouldn't sign you off, because it WOULD have been his job if something bad happened.

It was the workers screwing them over, that's why they had to leave. A lot of people are ignorant about economics and competition as you are. Yes, I talked to a lot of people about this problem. After all, it's business for our company that I didn't want to see go.

Yeah, my workers make me so sad on the way to my limo that I had to complain to the random guy on the loading dock about how bad my business is... no, really.

Worker / consumer solidarity left a long time ago Joe. Nobody cares where their products are manufactured at. They don't care if they are supporting American workers. All they care about is their products are cheap. I wish we did have that kind of solidarity. It would solve a lot of problems in our country.

Exactly why we are in the state we are in. You don't think that's part of the One Percent's Plan.

upload_2020-2-23_9-58-42.jpeg

There is no immigration problem on an administrative level. The only immigration problem we have are those who get into this country illegally, and then allow the Democrats to pander to them. Then they tell us these people are not illegally voting. HELLO! Politicians don't cater to people that don't vote for them, they cater to people that do. Of course they know the illegals are voting Democrat.
Everywhere there are legal immigrants from the south, there are illegal immigrants among them. IF the Democrats are "pandering," they are pandering to the legal immigrants who are friends/relatives of the illegals that they will vote to treat decently. Of course they don't want to see them deported. You wouldn't either. The vast majority of illegals would never get close to a polling place. Too risky.

I do agree that registering to vote at the Dept. of Motor Vehicles when you go to renew your license or whatever is a stupid idea that should be discontinued. Go to your town office and register, providing proof of citizenship. Citizenship is not necessary for a DL; a green card will do.
I'm pretty sure our maid is undocumented. I certain would not want to see her deported. She is hard working, reliable, supports her 3 kids without any government assistance. I'm not saying all illegals in the country are like her but many are.

I believe the biggest problem posed by illegal immigrants is not they are stealing jobs from Americans, are committing serious crimes, or living off welfare. It's that they can not assimilate into society. They tend to keep to themselves out fear of being discovered, are often victims or crimes and don't report criminal activity. They don't vote, participate in civic activities, or report problems in the community to anyone so their neighborhoods are often the worst in the city. Most of their children are raised in poverty, have relative poor educations and add to Americans social problems as adults.
The fact that many illegals are just decent, hard working people makes it hard for Americans to get firm about not hiring them. I think we have to, though, Flopper, in order to stop the huge influx of illegals into this country every year. Personally, it makes more sense to me that if everyone is working (which numbers say we are) then these illegal workers are NEEDED to keep things running, and that indicates that we need to increase the number of immigrants who can come here either permanently or on work visas. Then they would be paying payroll taxes like everyone else and people could stop bitching about illegals coming here to suck us dry via welfare and healthcare and blah blah blah.

Wage increases for Americans happen naturally through the supply and demand process. When supply is low, that benefits the worker, particularly the non-skilled worker. If you cheat the system and satisfy the demand, then wages stay stagnant or even lower.

We issue 50,000 green cards and Visa's a year. That's more than enough.
Then how are 10 million illegals being hired? I don't think the unemployment statistics indicate we have a large pool of workers who are out of a job because of illegals. It probably would explain why for so many years the average wage (when the cost of living is factored in) had not gone up in decades, though. However, we already have reports that there are more jobs than citizens to fill them.
So somehow, what you are saying and what is actually happening don't seem to fit.

Did you see the last link I posted? Maybe you should read it. Of course immigrants preclude increases in American wages. You own a business. You need drill press operators. You can't find any with your offer of $18.00 an hour. What do you do? You have to increase your offer. But if some immigrant comes in, and you can pay him or her $15.00 per hour, that solves your problem.

Nope. Capitalism how it is now was not around. Whatever Amendment gives you the right to own property. Real life? I am a father of two kids. That’s as real as it gets. You got? Zero. Makes sense.

Not going to talk about family because it's against the rules, REPORTED.

You want to talk about issues, fine. You want to talk about family, I will report you. DONE.

Nobody can talk about a family you don't have. The rules are set so you don't insult or criticize family members of a poster on USMB. Azog didn't do that.

Did you see the last link I posted? Maybe you should read it. Of course immigrants preclude increases in American wages. You own a business. You need drill press operators. You can't find any with your offer of $18.00 an hour. What do you do? You have to increase your offer. But if some immigrant comes in, and you can pay him or her $15.00 per hour, that solves your problem.

Or you buy a machine that runs the drill press automatically and don't pay anyone.

The real problem isn't that the immigrant works for "less". He usually doesn't. The problem is that he works harder and better.

That's what makes him a better deal.

What's risky about it? They broke our laws by being here in this country. In 2018, over 80,000 foreigners were deported that had DUI convictions or charges. It doesn't sound like they are too scared of anything to me. Did you see those lines at the DMV in NYC when they passed the law that allowed them to drive? They were in lines out of the door a half a block down. ICE could have sent a couple dozen paddy wagons there and scooped them all up. These people are not scared of anything.

Politicians pander to their voters, wouldn't you agree? If illegals didn't vote, why are the Democrats kissing their ass so much?

Because when you create an environment of fear, people who can vote have just as much to fear as those who don't.

You see, funny thing. Eventually, MOST of the 11 million will be citizens. Or their children will be.. They'll remember who try to help them and who tried to screw them.

It's been nearly 50 years since the GOP picked the wrong side on segregation, and they wonder why they only get 8% of the black vote.

That Americans don't want to do that kind of work? Um. Yeah.

Americans will do any kind of work for the right money. The problem is these people come here stopping that natural wage increase. Those of us on the right and in the middle understand this simple concept. That's why Trump is going to easily win reelection.

The Economist: Tougher Immigration Policy Seems to Raise Wages

Fracking doesn't produce that much oil. We could easily make that up buying it from easier sources. This is about the oil industry raping the environment because they can.

Of course it doesn't. Our drastic fuel price decrease had little to do with fracking. In fact it had nothing to do with us becoming the worlds largest exporter in energy. :1041:

If that were a reason to vote nor not to vote for Rump them you shouldn't vote for him. Way too much hype on "The Wall" and zero on busting businesses that knowingly hire illegals. You can't stop the illegals from coming in and staying if they have jobs and housing. Take away their jobs and housing and they no longer have a reason to come here much less stay at such a high number.

So on that, I say, don't vote for Rump. Then again, not one single Candidate has addressed this problem so none of them gets my endorsement.

Well, let's see now. You could be a livery driver. No reason why you can't drive a limo instead of a truck. I mean, you'd need people skills for that, but that's not hard.

If the economy was as good as you say it is, there's no reason why you can't find a job. Trust me, I've gotten people jobs working with far less. I've placed people who've just gotten out of prison, who've been stay at home moms, who have recovered from Cancer...

I'm sure you did, but not at my age, and if you did, it was $8.00 an hour jobs. Nobody can support themselves on that kind of money. Trust me, I look at the want ads every day.

Is it? They only have to prove that they thought you were okay that day. The point was, the government appointed doctor who specializes in occupational health wouldn't sign you off, because it WOULD have been his job if something bad happened.

It's that way with every doctor. A government approved doctor is like any other doctor, that took the course and got certified to to DOT physicals. My doctors would sign me out because they treat my condition and are familiar with my situation. A strange doctor that doesn't treat your condition knows little about you.

Yeah, my workers make me so sad on the way to my limo that I had to complain to the random guy on the loading dock about how bad my business is... no, really.

No, they didn't come running up to me. I asked them. I know you think bushiness people are like you see in the movies: stuck up, mean, condescending. Many were actually people like myself, who wanted to run a business instead of work for another person. They don't mind (and actually enjoy) when you bring up their business because of your interest in their plight.

YOU see it as "kissing their ass," and not everyone agrees with that perspective, but be that as it may, Democrats are being supportive of the legal immigrants who DO vote that have friends, coworkers, family members who are here illegally. The Dems are wisely not going to be hateful and spiteful the way a lot of people here are, the way Trump kicked off his presidential campaign with.

The right seems to be catching the illegals in the spotlight when it needs to be on the employers. Hardly anything is done about them. I've heard of TWO crackdowns in Trump's first three years. If the illegals couldn't get jobs here they would not be here.

Focusing on the poorest least able to defend themselves is a tactic that's been used by those in power for as long as people have gathered power to themselves. We try to do things differently in this country, though, don't we?

Then let's hope we get more morally and intellectually unfit Presidents in our future. I hope Trump does use the Reagan question while campaigning: Are you better off today than you were four years ago? Yes, I'm disappointed that Trump didn't attack our bureaucracy problem, but as we have seen, the Democrats harassing him constantly forces him to focus on other things.

The problem is, most people realize that if they are better off, it's not because of him. We had a good economy in 2016, we have a good economy now. The whole, "Are you better off" question only really works if things were bad.

The ironic thing about Reagan was that things actually got WORSE when he was in office, and had only really just returned to the same level of unemployment when he beat Carter. But the thing was, Reagan was dignified, presidential and didn't make a mockery of the office.

You are FOS. This is called supply and demand Joe. We are providing more supply than there is demand. When supply is ample, it brings down prices. When demand is greater, it brings up prices. It has nothing to do with overpriced green energy.

But why is demand down? This is the question you don't get. Hey, maybe it's because people aren't driving gas guzzling SUV's so much.

obstfeld%20fig1%208%20jul.png

That Americans don't want to do that kind of work? Um. Yeah.

Americans will do any kind of work for the right money. The problem is these people come here stopping that natural wage increase. Those of us on the right and in the middle understand this simple concept. That's why Trump is going to easily win reelection.

The Economist: Tougher Immigration Policy Seems to Raise Wages

Fracking doesn't produce that much oil. We could easily make that up buying it from easier sources. This is about the oil industry raping the environment because they can.

Of course it doesn't. Our drastic fuel price decrease had little to do with fracking. In fact it had nothing to do with us becoming the worlds largest exporter in energy. :1041:

If that were a reason to vote nor not to vote for Rump them you shouldn't vote for him. Way too much hype on "The Wall" and zero on busting businesses that knowingly hire illegals. You can't stop the illegals from coming in and staying if they have jobs and housing. Take away their jobs and housing and they no longer have a reason to come here much less stay at such a high number.

So on that, I say, don't vote for Rump. Then again, not one single Candidate has addressed this problem so none of them gets my endorsement.

Like I said, Trump is doing more to tackle the illegal immigration problem than anybody in the last 20 years. But there is only so much he can do. He doesn't have a machine that tells him where all the illegals are working. Even if he did, all he could do is have ICE nab them, but then it's out of his hands. It's in some liberal judges court room and he has no control over that.

And you left out Mara-a-Largo. And those are the two that have been looked at. Mara-a-Largo wasn't done by a subcontractor. It was done by Rump Industries and those were Rump Industries HR people doing the hiring and coaching of the illegals. There is NO WAY that you can have a hundred illegals working on ANY job without knowing that some of them are illegals. You all think I am just singling out Rump but it's a national problem. It's got to get really, really bad before anyone does anything about it. And it's pushing "Really, Really" bad now. You can't build your wall when you keep hiring those that do sneak in. That just means that more will keep sneaking in even after you build your wall..

Even if Rump were innocent and naive about it, his Rump Industries had to be aware that his Subcontractors were doing this. Rump Industries should have terminated the Subcontractor when it was discovered. There is a reason the low bidder bid in so low. Terminate the subcontractor and go to the next bidder in line. And prosecute the Illegal subcontractor until they are no longer able to operate.
Russia, Russia, Russia, oh wait now it's Mara-Lago, Mara-Lago, Mara Lago... LOL. I can't keep up. Rotflmbo

free ride, free ride, free ride. If you Orange Deity is doing then it's okay if everyone else is doing as well. Forget about the law and the damage it does to middle America. And then you want to complain when a bunch of Democrats offer DLs to Illegals so they are safer to get to that illegal job from that illegal housing.

Stop the jobs and the housing and the Illegals don't have a reason to be driving anywhere much less be there in the first place. Do what needs to be done to stop the Employment. And just deporting them only brings in the next wave. When Rump decides to stop using Illegals and goes after the employers hard to remove the jobs then He gets a attaboy from me. But instead, he's a POS.

Wait a minute, didn't you anti-Trump people complain that he is bypassing Congress to get things done? Now you want him to change laws without Congress?

The Power of the President can help Congress to get rid of the Illegals jobs. Imagine that, the President working with Congress towards something that is actually good for America?

This House refuses to work with the President. The only way to work with Democrats is to do everything their way. Their main goal is to make him look bad, and try to get rid of him. They spent all their time since getting leadership of the House to reach those goals.

They closed down government for the longest time in our history over a border wall. Trump was asking for 3 billion dollars. They didn't counter with 2.5, 2, 1.5, 1 billion. They said no period. Do you know how much 3 billion dollars actually is? It's less than we spend for four weeks of food stamps. It wasn't about money, it was about making sure Trump didn't get credit for a huge decrease in border crossers.

And you think that it was any different when the Reps controlled the Senate under Obama? You certainly either have a short memory or those Orange Colored Glasses are getting in your way. As I stated, not a single Candidate (Including the Rump) has addressed the problem of employment prospects for illegals. Again, if you want to have fewer illegals coming into the US who take jobs and housing from US Citizens or Legal Immigrants then stop them from being able to work. Mexico would appreciate it because they have a severe shortage of workers in central Mexico right now.

Forum List

Back