Reporter punched in face while covering anti-mask event near Traverse City

Honestly I have no sympathy for him and feel if he is going to barge his way into other people's business, especially saying stuff that sounds like he has a right to be there and report on them, then yeah they are going to be hostile even after they tell you to leave them alone.

Just because he is a reporter doesn't give him a right to force himself on others that express they don't want him there. If someone says they don't want you there and you don't just leave them alone anything that happens afterwards is your own fault.

Then again I hate the press. Always saying they have a right to interfere, a right to annoy people, a right to show whatever they want in whatever context they want.

He said it himself, had he stayed off to the side he could have heard everything and not been bothered. Maybe he should have done that.

Just because you're in public doesn't give you a right to invade others space and be an asshole.

Honestly I have no sympathy for him and feel if he is going to barge his way into other people's business, especially saying stuff that sounds like he has a right to be there and report on them, then yeah they are going to be hostile even after they tell you to leave them alone.

Just because he is a reporter doesn't give him a right to force himself on others that express they don't want him there. If someone says they don't want you there and you don't just leave them alone anything that happens afterwards is your own fault.

Then again I hate the press. Always saying they have a right to interfere, a right to annoy people, a right to show whatever they want in whatever context they want.

He said it himself, had he stayed off to the side he could have heard everything and not been bothered. Maybe he should have done that.

Just because you're in public doesn't give you a right to invade others space and be an asshole.
The entire incident was about his recording the event. He was in a public area and was not interacting in any way. The speaker addressed him by name and asked for someone to block him out...they took it too far and here we are. The reporter is the Education reporter for the local paper--the meeting was about planning protests to the mask mandate just enacted for the local school. The public has every right to know about this event and what was said--they call this stuff news, right?

Sorry about your issues with a free press...maybe move to Russia?

If the people rented the pavilion there is an expectation of privacy. Clearly to stay away from the vermin we call the press, people need to gather only on private property. Although really, this case is a poor example of assaults on the press. Check out these other cases.

Yeah, but THAT'S different

I "understand" that imbeciles can gather together to kill each other off. If they want to die, fine, just don't take anyone else with them.

The local prosecutor said that this reporter was in an open area that was not part of the rented space. In any event, attacking someone physically is a crime. These people, and you, should be old enough to know that.

None of this has anything to do with "lefties," whoever they are, burning anything. This whole thing about burning down everything in sight is a greatly exaggerated bit of shit by right-wingers. Stop embarrassing yourself.
So people who gather together are imbeciles, because they have less than 1% chance of dying from a low mortality virus? Climb back under your rock and wait for someone to tell you it's safe to come out. You drama queens are too much.

I acknowledged that violence in this situation was wrong, I guess you are too ignorant to read beyond your narrow-minded comments.

Tell how exaggerated it is to the hundreds of businesses that have burned down by the hands of leftist scum. You are an embarrassment to all thinking peoples.

You're a leftist so I never expected you to get sarcasm.

MY, "that's different" comment was to the crickets we heard from the left when Antifa and BLM mobs were attacking reporters
I know what you were trying to do.....that's why I answered.
I heard plenty of people condemning.....nationally..... about reporters being attacked..perhaps if you stepped away from OANN and the Pundit..left Millennial Times alone--you might get some balanced reportage?

I "understand" that imbeciles can gather together to kill each other off. If they want to die, fine, just don't take anyone else with them
Like THESE Democrat imbiciles?

pelosi-no-mask-party-04.jpg

Not that it is the reporter's fault, but he should have known better. These freaks have already made it clear they would bury their own grandmothers before putting on a paper mask or getting a pinprick in their arms. They are proud sociopaths. I would recommend bringing security when covering such gatherings of failed humans.

Attacking the press? Seems to be a trend..to prevent the truth. Of course, there are many here who are all about shaping their narrative..without interference.
This guy was recording a public meeting--when he was singled out and attacked.

Authorities are investigating the assault of a local journalist who was allegedly attacked while attempting to cover an anti-mask event in Michigan.
Record-Eagle education reporter Brendan Quealy was allegedly punched in the face on Thursday during an anti-mask and anti-COVID-19 vaccine, the Traverse City Record-Eagle reported.
“We are interviewing witnesses and a report will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office probably Monday or Tuesday,” Sheriff Tom Bensley said about the incident.
The gathering was organized by Citizens Liberating Michigan and hosted at Silver Lake Recreation Area.
The vent was prompted after the local school district decided to implement a mask mandate, with organizers saying no recording was allowed at the event.
Quealy, who estimates 80 to 100 people were at the event, was confronted for trying to report on the protest, according to the local outlet.
“There’s no reporting, Brendan,” Heather Cerone, a member of Citizens Liberating Michigan, said. “We don’t authorize that. So, you guys feel like standing in front of him? Because we’re on private property here because we have that rented. That would be great.”
Two men approached the reporter, with one man eventually pushing Quealy into a wooden fence and punching him in the face with both fists.
“That’s an open area, it's open to anyone,” Grand Traverse County Prosecutor Noelle Moeggenberg said after the incident. “I could go and walk my dog there even though they’ve rented the pavilion, and potentially be hearing what they’re saying and they wouldn’t have any recourse.”
“It’s my job,” Quealy said. “My job is to chase the news, to accurately report it and that’s what I was doing.”

Arrest whoever hit him.

I am so tired of this garbage.

If the people rented the pavilion there is an expectation of privacy. Clearly to stay away from the vermin we call the press, people need to gather only on private property. Although really, this case is a poor example of assaults on the press. Check out these other cases.

Thread.

Where the hell is "Traverse City" and why was a reporter punched in the face? Meanwhile Americans are dying in Afghanistan. It beats talking about Biden anyway

Forum List

Back