Reporter punched in face while covering anti-mask event near Traverse City

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Attacking the press? Seems to be a trend..to prevent the truth. Of course, there are many here who are all about shaping their narrative..without interference.
This guy was recording a public meeting--when he was singled out and attacked.

Authorities are investigating the assault of a local journalist who was allegedly attacked while attempting to cover an anti-mask event in Michigan.
Record-Eagle education reporter Brendan Quealy was allegedly punched in the face on Thursday during an anti-mask and anti-COVID-19 vaccine, the Traverse City Record-Eagle reported.
“We are interviewing witnesses and a report will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office probably Monday or Tuesday,” Sheriff Tom Bensley said about the incident.
The gathering was organized by Citizens Liberating Michigan and hosted at Silver Lake Recreation Area.
The vent was prompted after the local school district decided to implement a mask mandate, with organizers saying no recording was allowed at the event.
Quealy, who estimates 80 to 100 people were at the event, was confronted for trying to report on the protest, according to the local outlet.
“There’s no reporting, Brendan,” Heather Cerone, a member of Citizens Liberating Michigan, said. “We don’t authorize that. So, you guys feel like standing in front of him? Because we’re on private property here because we have that rented. That would be great.”
Two men approached the reporter, with one man eventually pushing Quealy into a wooden fence and punching him in the face with both fists.
“That’s an open area, it's open to anyone,” Grand Traverse County Prosecutor Noelle Moeggenberg said after the incident. “I could go and walk my dog there even though they’ve rented the pavilion, and potentially be hearing what they’re saying and they wouldn’t have any recourse.”
“It’s my job,” Quealy said. “My job is to chase the news, to accurately report it and that’s what I was doing.”

1630252526755.png

Was he wearing a mask?

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

If the people rented the pavilion there is an expectation of privacy. Clearly to stay away from the vermin we call the press, people need to gather only on private property. Although really, this case is a poor example of assaults on the press. Check out these other cases.

If the people rented the pavilion there is an expectation of privacy. Clearly to stay away from the vermin we call the press, people need to gather only on private property. Although really, this case is a poor example of assaults on the press. Check out these other cases.

Exactly .....

I call thread fail.

So you make excuses for this incident then point at the left. Nice. You partisan hacks make me laugh

Attacking the press? Seems to be a trend..to prevent the truth. Of course, there are many here who are all about shaping their narrative..without interference.

Authorities are investigating the assault of a local journalist who was allegedly attacked while attempting to cover an anti-mask event in Michigan.
Record-Eagle education reporter Brendan Quealy was allegedly punched in the face on Thursday during an anti-mask and anti-COVID-19 vaccine, the Traverse City Record-Eagle reported.
“We are interviewing witnesses and a report will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office probably Monday or Tuesday,” Sheriff Tom Bensley said about the incident.
The gathering was organized by Citizens Liberating Michigan and hosted at Silver Lake Recreation Area.
The vent was prompted after the local school district decided to implement a mask mandate, with organizers saying no recording was allowed at the event.
Quealy, who estimates 80 to 100 people were at the event, was confronted for trying to report on the protest, according to the local outlet.
“There’s no reporting, Brendan,” Heather Cerone, a member of Citizens Liberating Michigan, said. “We don’t authorize that. So, you guys feel like standing in front of him? Because we’re on private property here because we have that rented. That would be great.”
Two men approached the reporter, with one man eventually pushing Quealy into a wooden fence and punching him in the face with both fists.
“That’s an open area, it's open to anyone,” Grand Traverse County Prosecutor Noelle Moeggenberg said after the incident. “I could go and walk my dog there even though they’ve rented the pavilion, and potentially be hearing what they’re saying and they wouldn’t have any recourse.”
“It’s my job,” Quealy said. “My job is to chase the news, to accurately report it and that’s what I was doing.”
And then the black dude at the stadium punched out the female and hers boyfriend who had then had to try to protect her. this happens more and more and every city for decades an no one says a thing.

So you make excuses for this incident then point at the left. Nice. You partisan hacks make me laugh
I make no excuses. Violence is normally not the correct response to most situations. Not this one, nor the numerous press assaults committed by your commie friends in Antifa. Just pointing out that this is not isolated to one side. Can't really expect you to be objective though, logic is way outside your wheelhouse.

How quaint...You actually think the press gives you the truth.....lulz

I make no excuses. Violence is normally not the correct response to most situations. Not this one, nor the numerous press assaults committed by your commie friends in Antifa. Just pointing out that this is not isolated to one side. Can't really expect you to be objective though, logic is way outside your wheelhouse.
You literally made an excuse in your reply. There was an expectation of privacy and this is a poor example of assault… now look at the big bad left!!! are you high?! Don’t speak about objectivity when you make posts like that. What a joke

You literally made an excuse in your reply. There was an expectation of privacy and this is a poor example of assault… now look at the big bad left!!! are you high?! Don’t speak about objectivity when you make posts like that. What a joke
I guess you missed me denouncing violence as a solution in this case. How stupid are you?

Exactly .....

I call thread fail.
LOL! You might notice...maybe not.....that this thread is about the assault of a reporter. Assault is against the law....if you've forgotten. Had the group called the police..the public/private issue might be relevant. We have a quote from the Prosecutor...seems to be supporting the 'no expectation of privacy' take--in a city park.

Good ole "Citizens Liberating Michigan" from continued living. Suggestion: drop dead now before you kill somebody else or take an ICU bed and a ventilator away from a decent person who really needs it.

Moreover, what is the point of having a rally if you don't want it publicized? Was this event held just so these diseased assholes can breathe on each other?

LOL! You might notice...maybe not.....that this thread is about the assault of a reporter. Assault is against the law....if you've forgotten. Had the group called the police..the public/private issue might be relevant. We have a quote from the Prosecutor...seems to be supporting the 'no expectation of privacy' take--in a city park.
People get their ass kicked all the time for doing stupid shit.

Deal with it.

Good ole "Citizens Liberating Michigan" from continued living. Suggestion: drop dead now before you kill somebody else or take an ICU bed and a ventilator away from a decent person who really needs it.

Moreover, what is the point of having a rally if you don't want it publicized? Was this event held just so these diseased assholes can breathe on each other?
Seriously? So you can't understand how a group of like minded individuals might choose a location to gather without wanting the press involved? I guess not, since when lefties gather these days they burn down everything in sight, to show how mostly peaceful they are.

I guess you missed me denouncing violence as a solution in this case. How stupid are you?
Probably pretty stupid compared to others but in this case I read everything you wrote and called it as it was... You made excuses for these guys and then pointed to the left. You did denounce violence as a solution so you earn yourself an Oreo for that. Congrats!!

Seriously? So you can't understand how a group of like minded individuals might choose a location to gather without wanting the press involved? I guess not, since when lefties gather these days they burn down everything in sight, to show how mostly peaceful they are.

I "understand" that imbeciles can gather together to kill each other off. If they want to die, fine, just don't take anyone else with them.

The local prosecutor said that this reporter was in an open area that was not part of the rented space. In any event, attacking someone physically is a crime. These people, and you, should be old enough to know that.

None of this has anything to do with "lefties," whoever they are, burning anything. This whole thing about burning down everything in sight is a greatly exaggerated bit of shit by right-wingers. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Forum List

Back