Reporter punched in face while covering anti-mask event near Traverse City

So people who gather together are imbeciles, because they have less than 1% chance of dying from a low mortality virus? Climb back under your rock and wait for someone to tell you it's safe to come out. You drama queens are too much.

I acknowledged that violence in this situation was wrong, I guess you are too ignorant to read beyond your narrow-minded comments.

Tell how exaggerated it is to the hundreds of businesses that have burned down by the hands of leftist scum. You are an embarrassment to all thinking peoples.

What does this situation have to do with the idea that "hundreds of businesses" have been burned down "by the hands of leftist scum"? Which is woefully exaggerated. Who are these "leftists," anyway? And this is not a "low mortality virus."

I'm just saying that the people who went to this "rally" are imbeciles. What is wrong with saying this? If they want to die, even after being warned, they can, but why not just play Russian roulette and not take up much needed hospital beds for weeks? Why endanger their own families and neighbors? Just take a pistol and do it.

Not really. To be an embarrassment to thinking people, LIE-sistrata would have to be a thinking person. Since it is no such thing, there is no reason why any thinking person should consider himself to be tainted by association with it.

Explain specifically which parts of my comments are lies, since you are accusing me of deliberately making false statements. Did I lie when I noted that the local prosecutor said that the place where the reporter was standing was an open space? Did I lie when I said that physically assaulting another person is a crime? What other factual statement that I supposedly made is a lie?

Such is the violent, lawless right.
It's horrifying how many universally-applicable laws the right-wingers think don't apply to them. Either they are for "law and order" or they are for anarchy. I never think that anarchy is a good idea, but, that said, anarchy is a game that any and all of us can play.

You literally made an excuse in your reply. There was an expectation of privacy and this is a poor example of assault… now look at the big bad left!!! are you high?! Don’t speak about objectivity when you make posts like that. What a joke

The proper and legal response to the reporter is to call the police to report a trespasser. That is IF the journalist was actually trespassing.

It's not to break the law by physically assaulting the journalist.

Attacking the press? Seems to be a trend..to prevent the truth. Of course, there are many here who are all about shaping their narrative..without interference.
This guy was recording a public meeting--when he was singled out and attacked.

Authorities are investigating the assault of a local journalist who was allegedly attacked while attempting to cover an anti-mask event in Michigan.
Record-Eagle education reporter Brendan Quealy was allegedly punched in the face on Thursday during an anti-mask and anti-COVID-19 vaccine, the Traverse City Record-Eagle reported.
“We are interviewing witnesses and a report will be forwarded to the prosecutor’s office probably Monday or Tuesday,” Sheriff Tom Bensley said about the incident.
The gathering was organized by Citizens Liberating Michigan and hosted at Silver Lake Recreation Area.
The vent was prompted after the local school district decided to implement a mask mandate, with organizers saying no recording was allowed at the event.
Quealy, who estimates 80 to 100 people were at the event, was confronted for trying to report on the protest, according to the local outlet.
“There’s no reporting, Brendan,” Heather Cerone, a member of Citizens Liberating Michigan, said. “We don’t authorize that. So, you guys feel like standing in front of him? Because we’re on private property here because we have that rented. That would be great.”
Two men approached the reporter, with one man eventually pushing Quealy into a wooden fence and punching him in the face with both fists.
“That’s an open area, it's open to anyone,” Grand Traverse County Prosecutor Noelle Moeggenberg said after the incident. “I could go and walk my dog there even though they’ve rented the pavilion, and potentially be hearing what they’re saying and they wouldn’t have any recourse.”
“It’s my job,” Quealy said. “My job is to chase the news, to accurately report it and that’s what I was doing.”
Awwww did his wittle bwoody nose get all over his facediaper???

Awwww did his wittle bwoody nose get all over his facediaper???
Dunno..but the guy that hit him...is going to jail..so there's that~

The Grand Traverse County Sheriff’s Office posted a photo on social media of a person investigators say is a "person of interest" in a report of an assault on a Record-Eagle reporter.
Officials hope circulating the photo will help them identify the man.
“We have one person identified that had an interaction with (the reporter),” Grand Traverse County Sherriff Capt. Chris Clark said Tuesday. “The second person that had an interaction with him is who we are trying to identify. We’re putting a photo on Facebook in an effort to try and identify that person. By the end of the day it should be on.”
On Thursday Record-Eagle Education reporter Brendan Quealy was covering an anti-mask, anti-vaccine event at the Silver Lake Recreation Area in Garfield Township when he called 9-1-1 to report he’d been attacked by two men.
Quealy, who was wearing a mask while covering the event told the responding sheriff's sergeant he’d been pushed, shoved into a wooden fence and punched in the face after one of the event’s organizers pointed him out to attendees.
Sheriff Tom Bensley confirmed his office was seeking the identity of the man in the released pictures in order to interview him regarding the assault report
Social media posts show the gathering was organized by Citizens Liberating Michigan and also promoted online by a private Facebook group, TCAPS our kids our choice!

Clark confirmed law enforcement obtained surveillance video from security cameras at the Silver Lake Recreation Area. The image posted on Facebook is from that footage, which continued to be helpful in the ongoing investigation, Clark said.
“Behind the scenes I think there is a lot of work that has gone on that people aren’t aware of,” Clark said. “I got the call from the sergeant who responded and immediately I’m contacting the on call detective and saying you need to start working on this right now. So within a matter of moments we had the detective bureau working on this case.”

Forum List

Back