Repentance

onefour1

Gold Member
Mar 28, 2014
Did Jesus come to save us in our sins or from our sins?

Matthew 4:17
17 From that time Jesus began to
preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.

Matthew 7:21-22
21 Not every one that
saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So... What are the things in life that we do, that will keep us back from obtaining the kingdom of heaven if we do not repent?

Matthew 19:16-18
16 ¶ And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Leviticus 18:22
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

1 Thessalonians 4:3
3 For this is the will of God, even your
sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:

Exodus 20:8
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.

Exodus 20:12
Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

Exodus 20:7
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

Exodus 20:3-4
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

Exodus 20:17
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

There are many more and I would hope for those who read this thread to list them here.

The Lord came into this life to atone for our sins if we would repent. He came to save us from our sins and not to save us in our sins. This means that we need to repent and forsake our sins. It does not mean that you can continue sinning because Jesus will forgive you no matter what you do without true repentance. The atonement isn't an open license to sin but a path to forgiveness if we repent and forsake our sins.

John 8:11
11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I
condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

John 5:14
14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

The day of the Lord is near. Prepare yourselves for that great and dreadful day. It will be great for us if we repent and seek forgiveness of the Lord, but it will be a dreadful day if we do not repent.

Please list all the sins you can find in the scriptures. If there is anyone who needs explanation of what any of these sins mean, please ask. I am sure that I or any of the good people on this site would be will to explain.

The first of all commandments God gave Adam and Eve and also Noah and his posterity which also applies to us all is:

Genesis 9:1-2
1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

We should have children if possible while on this earth.

The first of all commandments God gave Adam and Eve and also Noah and his posterity which also applies to us all is:

Genesis 9:1-2
1 And God blessed Noah and his sons, and said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth.

We should have children if possible while on this earth.

When Jesus said that he was the sower of the good seed he was not talking about spreading around his sperm.

When Jesus told his disciples to go forth and bear fruit in plenty he was not telling them to have lots of babies.

You are correct about those verses. But that doesn't change the fact that God commanded Noah and his posterity as well as Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the earth. Two different verses two different meanings. Has nothing to do with what I posted.

21 Not every one that
saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So... What are the things in life that we do, that will keep us back from obtaining the kingdom of heaven if we do not repent?

16 ¶ And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,

Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.

7 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.

4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth:

17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour’s wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour’s.

There are many more and I would hope for those who read this thread to list them here.

The Lord came into this life to atone for our sins if we would repent. He came to save us from our sins and not to save us in our sins. This means that we need to repent and forsake our sins. It does not mean that you can continue sinning because Jesus will forgive you no matter what you do without true repentance. The atonement isn't an open license to sin but a path to forgiveness if we repent and forsake our sins.

14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

The day of the Lord is near. Prepare yourselves for that great and dreadful day. It will be great for us if we repent and seek forgiveness of the Lord, but it will be a dreadful day if we do not repent.

Please list all the sins you can find in the scriptures. If there is anyone who needs explanation of what any of these sins mean, please ask. I am sure that I or any of the good people on this site would be will to explain.
but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments. ... 18 He saith unto him, Which? Jesus said, Thou shalt do no murder, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness,
what was the religious itinerant referring to "keep the commandments" ...

there were no etched tablets handed to moses ... what they destroyed is not known nor any text that may have been included.

Here are the greatest of all commandments:

Matthew 22:34-38
34 But when the Pharisees had heard that he had put the Sadducees to silence, they were gathered together.
35 Then one of them, which was a lawyer, asked him a question, tempting him, and saying,
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?
37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.
38 This is the first and great commandment.
39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.
40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

The reason that loving the Lord God with all our heart is the greatest of all commandments is because if we did so, we would want to live by all of his other commandments. The second is because by loving our neighbor we would become the beings God wants us to become and have care for one another.

The etched tablets Moses first received from the Great I Am were broken when Moses saw rebellious Israel who made and idol for worship and were going against the Lord.

Exodus 32:19
19 ¶ And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses’ anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

Later Moses crafted two more tables and took them up into the mount to the Lord and after 40 days and nights returned with the 10 commandments on the tables.

Exodus 34:4,28-29
4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the Lord had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone.

28 And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses’ hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

These tables were kept within the Arc of the Covenant and the 10 commandments were taught widely to the children of Israel for many years.

The etched tablets Moses first received from the Great I Am were broken when Moses saw rebellious Israel who made and idol for worship and were going against the Lord.

Exodus 32:19
19 ¶ And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses’ anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.

Later Moses crafted two more tables and took them up into the mount to the Lord and after 40 days and nights returned with the 10 commandments on the tables.

Exodus 34:4,28-29
4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the Lord had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone.

28 And he was there with the Lord forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

29 And it came to pass, when Moses came down from mount Sinai with the two tables of testimony in Moses’ hand, when he came down from the mount, that Moses wist not that the skin of his face shone while he talked with him.

These tables were kept within the Arc of the Covenant and the 10 commandments were taught widely to the children of Israel for many years.
- and Moses’ anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands,
how about, here are the commandments lets go over them ...

the book of forgeries and fallacies and irregardless the 40 days - they happen to be lost also. wonder why ...

- find a better book, 1.

Probably the one commandment that we are taught to do more often than any other commandment is to pray. We ought to pray often. We should pray with others, and we should pray individually, and keep a prayer in our hearts always.

Luke 21:36
Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.

You are correct about those verses. But that doesn't change the fact that God commanded Noah and his posterity as well as Adam and Eve to multiply and replenish the earth. Two different verses two different meanings. Has nothing to do with what I posted.
Ever thought about Adam and the REPLENISH command ? Didn't think so.
Lots to read if you care to look. mâlê

One important thing to do in this life is to be baptized by one having authority to baptize.

Mark 16:15-16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

When one is baptized, their sins are remitted.

Luke 3:3
3 And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins;

One must repent before receiving baptism for the remission of sins. Although Jesus had no sins to be remitted, he was baptized to show us what we should do as an example.

Jesus told his apostles that after he was gone from the earth, he would send another comforter to his faithful followers.

John 14:16, 26
16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
John 15:26
26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

This other Comforter of which Jesus spoke was the gift of the Holy Ghost. After Jesus was resurrected Peter, the lead Apostle of the Church of Jesus Christ taught the following:

Acts 2:38
38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The gift of the Holy Ghost is a gift to those who repent and are baptized who enter in at the straight and narrow path. It is the gift of having the Holy Ghost as a companion in your life to bring you even closer and closer to our Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. The Holy Ghost is a testifier of truth and a comforter in spiritual things. With this special Comforter in your lives, you can receive these blessings along with potential gifts of the spirit. This special gift that is given to special followers of Jesus Christ is conferred to others by the laying on of hands by those who have authority to confer the gift.

Acts 8:17-19
17 Then
laid they their hands on them, and they received the Holy Ghost.
18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the apostles’ hands the Holy Ghost was given, he offered them money,
19 Saying, Give me also this power, that on whomsoever I lay hands, he may receive the Holy Ghost.
20 But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.
21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Acts 19:6
6 And when Paul had laid his hands upon them, the Holy Ghost came on them; and they spake with tongues, and prophesied.
Hebrews 6:1-2
1 Therefore
leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

1 Timothy 4:14
Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery.

If you want to grow spiritually, seek to obtain the gift of the Holy Ghost.

The Lord has taught us that it is important to have faith in him and to rid ourselves of doubt in him. It is also important that we learn to forgive others when they offend us. When we pray, we should pray having faith in God.

Mark 11:20-26
20 And in the morning, as they passed by, they saw the fig tree dried up from the roots.
21 And Peter calling to remembrance saith unto him, Master, behold, the fig tree which thou cursedst is withered away.
22 And Jesus answering saith unto them, Have faith in God.
23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire, when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.
25 And when ye stand praying, forgive, if ye have ought against any: that your Father also which is in heaven may forgive you your trespasses.
26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.

John 6:29
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Last edited:

Almost everything written in scripture has multiple layers of meanings, everything from be fruitful and multiply to the command to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate. That being said, the promise of a blessing or a curse attached to the written law is not just about whether you follow the law or not but the way that you interpret and follow the law.

One cannot conform to the literal meaning of the command to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate without violating the deeper implications of that exact same law.

Accordingly the command to be fruitful and multiply to adam and eve was not about having babies but breathing the breath of life into others still sleeping in the dust of the earth, bringing the dead to life, multiplying "living beings".

Sin is disobedience to the law, death is the consequence. Jesus came to do away with sin, to do away with death. This was accomplished by his revelation from God teaching the only right way to interpret and conform to the divine commands that fulfills the promise of life for all those who eat his flesh and drink his blood, internalize his teaching and do it. This has everything to do with what you posted. The only true repentance for doing what is wrong in the past, sin, is doing what is right, now and forever..

Remember. Life is in the blood, in the doing.

Last edited:

Almost everything written in scripture has multiple layers of meanings, everything from be fruitful and multiply to the command to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate. That being said, the promise of a blessing or a curse attached to the written law is not just about whether you follow the law or not but the way that you interpret and follow the law.

One cannot conform to the literal meaning of the command to refrain from the flesh of unclean creatures that do not ruminate without violating the deeper implications of that exact same law.

Accordingly the command to be fruitful and multiply to adam and eve was not about having babies but breathing the breath of life into others still sleeping in the dust of the earth, bringing the dead to life, multiplying "living beings".

Sin is disobedience to the law, death is the consequence. Jesus came to do away with sin, to do away with death. This was accomplished by his revelation from God teaching the only right way to interpret and conform to the divine commands that fulfills the promise of life for all those who eat his flesh and drink his blood, internalize his teaching and do it. This has everything to do with what you posted. The only true repentance for doing what is wrong in the past, sin, is doing what is right, now and forever..

The only repentance worthy of forgiveness for doing what is wrong in the past, sin, is doing what is right.... for the rest of your life.

21 Not every one that

He died because of our sins. If one see it any other way than that he will likely miss out on the importance of his suffering and the chance to alter the fabric of their identity for the better.

The only repentance worthy of forgiveness for doing what is wrong in the past, sin, is doing what is right.... for the rest of your life.
How do you propose accomplishing doing what is right for the rest of your life?

We should have children if possible while on this earth
That is not a desire which is lacking among the ungodly, oath-breakers, and unbelievers.

It would be better expressed that we should be patient with our children, not to murder them, abuse them, or hinder their lives and occupations as they come of age.

If a Christian doctor swears the Greek Pagan oath of Hippocrates to become a physician — it would be better for him if he had not started on that path at all — let alone deny the oath he has sworn — than to procure a woman a pessary for an abortion, or to do so much harm and injustice to the littlest of patients, or misuse the knife on kidney stones.

Excellent question!

First of all, I already am, I alway do exactly as God commands, so I suppose your question really is about how you might accomplish that.

First you have to decipher the hidden meaning of the figurative words and subjects of the Law and then just do it. Its easy.

Its not about what to eat or what to wear or the sexual preferences of consenting adult bipeds. Hate to be the one to break the news to you but Father Vivian O'Blivion has been lying to you.

Most of the commands are about not doing something stupid. How hard is that?

Start at the beginning. The first command. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, yada yada yada.

Stop worshiping and eating Jesus in the form of a cracker that has no life for spiritual life.

If you can't do that, you're fucked.

Last edited:

Excellent question!

First of all, I already am, I alway do exactly as God commands, so I suppose your question really is about how you might accomplish that.

First you have to decipher the hidden meaning of the figurative words and subjects of the Law and then just do it. Its easy.

Its not about what to eat or what to wear or the sexual preferences of consenting adult bipeds. Hate to be the one to break the news to you but Father Vivian O'Blivion has been lying to you.

Most of the commands are about not doing something stupid. How hard is that?

Start at the beginning. The first command. Thou shalt have no other gods before me, yada yada yada.

Stop worshiping and eating Jesus in the form of a lifeless cracker that has no life for spiritual life.

If you can't do that, you're fucked.
Wow, you are delusional. Anyone who believes they always do exactly as God commands doesn't stand a chance.

That is especially true for someone who thinks they speak for God.

Forum List

Back