Reparations for slavery

MaryL

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2011
Midwestern U.S.
40 acres and a mule. General W.T. Sherman's field order #15 to emancipated slaves that was offered to
the federal army in January 1865. It wasn't adopted as American policy for all slaves then. It was never made policy by the American government. Perhaps it should have been, but thats theoretical.

40 acres and a mule. General W.T. Sherman's field order #15 to emancipated slaves that was offered to
the federal army in January 1865. It wasn't adopted as American policy for all slaves then. It was never made policy by the American government. Perhaps it should have been, but thats theoretical.
Mary, did you see the video of the black comedian somebody posted on here yesterday. Yes, it was pretty course, but hilarious and on target. If you did see it but didn't last past the first couple of minutes, yes I have a pretty course nature when not in polite society.

• Banned
We had abolitionists, we had people fight and die to end slavery, given history...thats should be enough reparations?

And not all blacks in/ on perpetuity. It was never meant that way.

That's what the black victimhood crowd would have you believe. It was meant for every black/brown person ever to be born in all of the future forever and ever amen.

Oh, and that 40 acres better be in downtown dallas complete with skyscrapers on the property.

Field order 15 (40 acres and a mule) was to emancipated slaves that fought in the union army, not ALL freed blacks. And not all blacks in/ on perpetuity. It was never meant that way.
Do you think they expected to legally oppress blacks for 200 years after the war ended?

1599882855733.png

Perhaps we ought to honor the deal.

Forty acres and a mule and they in turn lose all federal funding for programs meant for blacks.

*****SMILE*****

:)

• Banned
I entertained the idea of reparations for slavery, it WAS within the real of probability. They lost me, slavery ended 155 years ago. Rioting and destroying stuff, um no fuck racism. Its happening NOW. Racism is a lie. Riots are very real...

We had abolitionists, we had people fight and die to end slavery, given history...thats should be enough reparations?
At this point, yes. If your great grandfather died in prison, serving his debt to society without completing the sentence, do you owe prison time to pay that debt? No.

I entertained the idea of reparations for slavery, it WAS within the real of probability. They lost me, slavery ended 155 years ago. Rioting and destroying stuff, um no fuck racism. Its happening NOW. Racism is a lie. Riots are very real...
If we are going to consider reparations it should be for existing blacks to pay us for allowing them to stay in the US and make this their home. We pay many monthly for food, rent and medical treatments when needed. If they were still living in a tribe in Africa, what would their life be? Would they own a car, computer, a wardrobe and be considered "poor?" Doubt it.

If we are going to consider reparations it should be for existing blacks to pay us for allowing them to stay in the US and make this their home. We pay many monthly for food, rent and medical treatments when needed. If they were still living in a tribe in Africa, what would their life be? Would they own a car, computer, a wardrobe and be considered "poor?" Doubt it.
White people get money for food, rent and medical treatment. What are those reparations for?

Field order 15 (40 acres and a mule) was to emancipated slaves that fought in the union army, not ALL freed blacks. And not all blacks in/ on perpetuity. It was never meant that way.
Do you think they expected to legally oppress blacks for 200 years after the war ended?
"Do you think they expected to legally oppress blacks for 200 years after the war ended?"
Who is "they"? Few of us NOW are oppressing anyone. Poor blacks cling to a broken culture and mindset based on victimhood. That's their fault, and not all the tea in China or a bazillion $ isn't going to fix that.

Reparations for slavery...well, first of all, they already been paid, in full. (SHHH, don't tell the race baiting hucksters.) In full, maybe we should demand interest...All the social services giving a boot up to blacks since the 1960's, and then bare bones fact over 600000 (that's right, 600K!) people died to end slavery, and US Federal government spent MILLIONS of $ during the civil war to free the slaves. Estimation of 64 million dollars in 1865 American money to free the slaves, but that isn't enough?

"Do you think they expected to legally oppress blacks for 200 years after the war ended?"
Who is "they"? Few of us NOW are oppressing anyone. Poor blacks cling to a broken culture and mindset based on victimhood. That's their fault, and not all the tea in China or a bazillion $ isn't going to fix that.
They are those who enacted field order 15 as you referenced. Maybe they feel
Like Victims because they and their ancestors were and are victims of something that you’ve never experienced. Have you thought about that?

White people get money for food, rent and medical treatment. What are those reparations for?
White people aren't asking for reparations.

Forum List

Back