Reparation challenge for white liberals

TN has no income tax.
But it has really high sales tax. 9.25%.

Where states with income tax have federal income tax deductions TN does not. We get nothing. But we have a heavily taxed population just the same. So the state is flush with money.

Texas has no income tax either. But they make it up with sales tax, property tax and a whole slew of other taxes. School tax, bridge and road tax, plus the tax on gas at the pump. HUGE cigarette tax. The fucking republicans who run Texas are thieving bastards.
Arkansas has a state income tax. Personal property tax and a high sales tax. (10 %) But medicaid is pretty easy to get. Around here, trash pick up doesn't cost you anything. (it's paid for by your taxes). Here, you actually get something for your taxes.

The democratic party is full racist morons tryna makes us white folks out to be something we're not. Tryna make conservatives out to be republicans. Tryna make all blacks out to be equal. I can see making the decent blacks equal. That's justified and a righteous fight. And one that won many decades ago. One we can all get behind it for the sake of decent black folks.
But tryna make the George Floyds equal to decent white folks, that ain't happening. Not in a million years.

Honestly, there's probably more whites looking down on blacks now a days because of the false racist narrative the left, the race hustlers and the media have thrown in our faces.
Trying to make us feel guilty for some shit we ain't even part of, makes us watch them a little closer. Makes us suspicious. It's like being accused of stealing something we didn't steal.

So yeah, they need to back TF off. White folks still run enough of this country to still have a say in what goes on. A LOT of say. If they wanna play nice, that's cool. They wanna get rude about it, bring it.

I'm not going to spend my hard earned money on paying people who weren't enslaved, and I didn't enslave them.

Contrary to my forum name, all of my ancestors fought for the Union, six of them directly related to me. Some died, most got maimed. My family did our part. Now go enjoy your freedom.

We paid our hard earned money for whites to get the GI bill, build suburbs and get government backed loans to start businesses we could not get. All this happened after slavery and its why reparations are owed. Now since you have continued paying native Americans for things you didn't do, and whites who fought for the union army did not fight to free slaves, your argument has no merit and you need to rethink it.

The democratic party is full racist morons tryna makes us white folks out to be something we're not. Tryna make conservatives out to be republicans. Tryna make all blacks out to be equal. I can see making the decent blacks equal. That's justified and a righteous fight. And one that won many decades ago. One we can all get behind it for the sake of decent black folks.
But tryna make the George Floyds equal to decent white folks, that ain't happening. Not in a million years.

Honestly, there's probably more whites looking down on blacks now a days because of the false racist narrative the left, the race hustlers and the media have thrown in our faces.
Trying to make us feel guilty for some shit we ain't even part of, makes us watch them a little closer. Makes us suspicious. It's like being accused of stealing something we didn't steal.

So yeah, they need to back TF off. White folks still run enough of this country to still have a say in what goes on. A LOT of say. If they wanna play nice, that's cool. They wanna get rude about it, bring it.
There are white democrats.

There is no false racist narrative. And you are responsible for the racism you continue practicing.

We paid our hard earned money for whites to get the GI bill, build suburbs and get government backed loans to start businesses we could not get. All this happened after slavery and its why reparations are owed. Now since you have continued paying native Americans for things you didn't do, and whites who fought for the union army did not fight to free slaves, your argument has no merit and you need to rethink it.

Fight for the Union, fight for the slaves, what's the difference? The war was about Slavery, and it brought an end to it.

Fight for the Union, fight for the slaves, what's the difference? The war was about Slavery, and it brought an end to it.
The war was not about slavery and blacks fought in it. Then we got Jim Crow. So again, your position has no merit based on the facts.

What pray tell, was the war about then?
Maintenance of the union.

Congress passed the Corwin Amendment to keep the south from seceding. They were hoping the south would stay and were willing to make slavery constitutional.

Texas has no income tax either. But they make it up with sales tax, property tax and a whole slew of other taxes. School tax, bridge and road tax, plus the tax on gas at the pump. HUGE cigarette tax. The fucking republicans who run Texas are thieving bastards.
Arkansas has a state income tax. Personal property tax and a high sales tax. (10 %) But medicaid is pretty easy to get. Around here, trash pick up doesn't cost you anything. (it's paid for by your taxes). Here, you actually get something for your taxes.
I’m in Arkansas. We pay for trash pick up here.

DR. KING’S DREAM OF AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
David B. Oppenheimer

In his 1964 book, Why We Can’t Wait, Dr. King again uses the principle of reparations to demand affirmative action-type programs. In the section of the book quoted earlier, in which he proposes a Bill of Rights for the Disadvantaged, with government programs in education, employment, health care and housing, here is his justification.

"Few people consider the fact that in addition to being enslaved for two centuries, the Negro was during all those years robbed of the wages of his toil. No amount of gold could provide an adequate compensation for the exploitation and humiliation of the Negro in America down through the centuries. Not all the wealth of this affluent society could meet the bill. Yet, a price can be placed on unpaid wages. The ancient common law has always provided a remedy for the appropriation of the labor of one human being by another.146 This law should be made to apply for American Negroes. The payment should be in the form of a massive program by the Government of special compensatory measures which could be regarded as a settlement in accordance with the accepted practice of common law. Such measures would certainly be less expensive than any computation based on two centuries of unpaid wages and accumulated interest.”

Maintenance of the union.

Congress passed the Corwin Amendment to keep the south from seceding. They were hoping the south would stay and were willing to make slavery constitutional.

Well that's one way of looking at it.

To me, the war was a culmination of a lot of things, but what lit the tinderbox off was slavery. This was the cause of the rich politicians and elites in America at the time. The common enlisted men in the North fought to keep America whole, and to free their fellow man from shackles as their officers and leaders said. The average enlisted men in the South fought for their states, as they were being invaded by what they saw as an aggressor.

There are white democrats.

There is no false racist narrative. And you are responsible for the racism you continue practicing.

Wrong. I never wore a hood. Never put someone's neck in a noose. I've never owned a human being. Was always decent to decent blacks, Mexicans, Asians and decent whites.

It's time for the left to just STFU about it and take responsibility for your own racist BS. Y'all the ones make blacks out to be too stupid to go to college. Too stupid to stay off drugs. Too stupid to get and keep a job. Too stupid to marry the person they had a child with. Too stupid to even get an ID to vote.

99% of us white folks ain't buying your BS racist narrative. The gig is up, see. You're being called out on your lies and race hustling.

BA HA HA HA HA HA.. I just thought of something.

The democrats have the House, Senate and White House. But aren't even trying to pass a "reparations bill." So all you bleeding heart liberals need to stop trying to put the blame on the right.

The war was not about slavery and blacks fought in it. Then we got Jim Crow. So again, your position has no merit based on the facts.
Carpetbaggers and Scalawags showed up in the South after the Civil War. Doing a beat down on the beat down.

I'm not going to spend my hard earned money on paying people who weren't enslaved, and I didn't enslave them.

Contrary to my forum name, all of my ancestors fought for the Union, six of them directly related to me. Some died, most got maimed. My family did our part. Now go enjoy your freedom.
Quotes from the book "From Here To Equality: Reparations for Black Americans in the 21st Century" by William A. Darity, Jr. & A. Kirsten Mullen: "Furthermore, slave emancipation did not require a great war to be fought. There was a viable alternative to armed conflict that could have ended slavery which the white male electorate would not accept. That alternative, was compensated emancipation. If slaveholders had only agreed to such a scheme after the war had begun, the conflict would not have lasted as long, and the horrendous casualty count could have been lower."

"A final critical observation in response to this specific challenge to the case for reparations: enslaved blacks bore massive costs themselves to support the union war effort, beginning with their mass exodus from plantations to join the union lines, followed by their own participation as soldiers in the union army. To characterize emancipation as a gift delivered to the country's slaves by well-meaning whites ignores the high price in loss of life, pressure, and danger that enslaved African bondsmen endured to free themselves."

"Indeed, by 1963, in the aftermath of the Emancipation Proclamation, white northerners' reluctance to serve in the war effort had become so pronounced that the black military contribution was essential to the union's survival. About 180,000 black soldiers participated in the U.S. Army - 10 percent of all the soldiers who served in the union during the Civil War. Approximately 1/3 of them lost their lives. Black determination in the pursuit of black freedom exacted a great toll. The termination of slavery was a consequence of great acts of sacrifice on the parts of black and white Americans. It was not simply a "gift" that white Americans bequeathed to black Americans."

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
One of the many things I admittedly don't understand about politics is the way people push for something while seemingly paying zero (0) attention to the downside, i.e., what the NET gain of an idea is.

First, is there no downside to just handing people money based simply on their skin color? And is there no downside to doing that, knowing quite well that we'd be significantly increasing tensions and resentments on such a hot-button issue?

I don't get it.
This question appears in the book "From Here To Equality: Reparations for Black Americans in the 21st Century: "Wouldn't black reparations only create more animosity between the races?"

This is the response: "We know there is resistance to reparations. But failure to adopt a reparations program now would mean another missed opportunity to remake this country. Colonial officials in Virginia had already begun the process of creating separate laws for blacks and whites to the detriment of blacks by the late seventeenth century. Those distinctions, although no longer codified, persist to the present day.

We believe that Congress, not the judiciary, should enact the reparations program. Congress alone has the power to oversee the initiative at the needed scale to appropriate the necessary funds and to ensure that they mandate is carried out.

In order for reparations to be adopted, white America must come to terms with its false beliefs about "black behavior" and with the sanitized and inaccurate version of the nation's history. The majority of the populace must accept national responsibility for the damages inflicted on black people. Therefore, not only would white animosity toward blacks need to decrease significantly for legislative action to take place and for the reparations program to become reality, but such animosity actually would need to be converted into support. Only after this work has been done can reparations be achieved. When the nation is ready to be transformed, Congress can legislate a reparations program."

• Love
Reactions: IM2
I lived in Pulaski County, Saline County, and Yell County. They all charge.

OK, well I don't live in either of those counties. I'm not sure if there's a motive behind all this. So are you saying I'm lying? About trash pick up?

Surely you're not.

Carpetbaggers and Scalawags showed up in the South after the Civil War. Doing a beat down on the beat down.
The south was not the only place where racism continnued. Carpetbaggers and scalawags were not the only problem. Southern whites were in ot.

Forum List

Back