Renewable energy dependence could lead to rolling blackouts in Michigan this summer

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
Electrical-grid operators are warning Michigan residents that blackouts could be needed during the hot summer months, with a hurried changeover to renewable energy sources at the forefront of the issue.

“Our leaders need to be real cognizant of the day-to-day impact,” Joe Trotter, the Energy, Environment, and Agriculture Task Force director for the American Legislative Exchange Council, said of switching to renewable energy when reached by Fox News. “It’s great to look at the future, but the present has a huge impact on their constituencies.”

Solar panels.
Trotter’s concerns come after the Midcontinent Independent System Operator’s seasonal assessment found “capacity shortfalls in both the north and central regions of MISO… leaving those areas at increased risk of temporary, controlled outages to preserve the integrity of the bulk electric system,” JT Smith, the MISO executive director, told NPR earlier this week.

That reality could lead to controlled outages in Michigan this summer, a step MISO said has never been taken in the state before.

Renewable energy dependence could lead to rolling blackouts in Michigan this summer - 1010 WCSI

So, I wonder who the solar barons are in MI.....And who are they paying off?

Electrical-grid operators are warning Michigan residents that blackouts could be needed during the hot summer months, with a hurried changeover to renewable energy sources at the forefront of the issue.

“Our leaders need to be real cognizant of the day-to-day impact,” Joe Trotter, the Energy, Environment, and Agriculture Task Force director for the American Legislative Exchange Council, said of switching to renewable energy when reached by Fox News. “It’s great to look at the future, but the present has a huge impact on their constituencies.”

Solar panels.
Trotter’s concerns come after the Midcontinent Independent System Operator’s seasonal assessment found “capacity shortfalls in both the north and central regions of MISO… leaving those areas at increased risk of temporary, controlled outages to preserve the integrity of the bulk electric system,” JT Smith, the MISO executive director, told NPR earlier this week.

That reality could lead to controlled outages in Michigan this summer, a step MISO said has never been taken in the state before.

Renewable energy dependence could lead to rolling blackouts in Michigan this summer - 1010 WCSI

So, I wonder who the solar barons are in MI.....And who are they paying off?

If I were the state of Michigan, I would send them a thank you for the heads up. And then make allowances for it not to happen. One thing you don't understand is, when one area runs into a shortage they have the option to buy extra power from an area that has a surplus. Texas has yet to learn that and has blackouts every summer now. I am sure that Michigan won't make the same mistake that Texas has. And maybe, Michigan will increase their renewable energy production in the process and become an exporter.

If I were the state of Michigan, I would send them a thank you for the heads up. And then make allowances for it not to happen. One thing you don't understand is, when one area runs into a shortage they have the option to buy extra power from an area that has a surplus. Texas has yet to learn that and has blackouts every summer now. I am sure that Michigan won't make the same mistake that Texas has. And maybe, Michigan will increase their renewable energy production in the process and become an exporter.
I hope someone builds a wind farm in your back yard.

I hope someone builds a wind farm in your back yard.

You been listening to the Rumpster nutcase again. We have them to the south and the west of us. Plenty of birds and peace and quiet. We don't have thunder chickens like you screeching at the top of their lungs so we get a nice low decible. And if one of you thunder chickens do get hit by that slow moving blade them it's a win win situation. Any bird that can't get out of the way from that slow moving blade is just committing suicide and deserves to be Buzzard Bait.

image.jpg

~S~

Forum List

Back