Remember When Straws and Plastic Bags Were Destroying Earth?

people are pigs.
Every spring and fall they do the roadside cleanup for the Adopt a Highway program. Did it with snowmobile club once. I am always amazed and disgusted by the sheer amount of trash that ends up in the ditches in just 6 months. What kind of assholes throw trash wherever the hell they want.
Here is a couple photos of the yearly Mississippi river cleanup near Mpls.
View attachment 487014View attachment 487015View attachment 487016
Fucking unreal.

i just don't get it either. we have people in my little town ( myself included ) that have adopted roads/neighborhoods & pick up garbage that pigs throw out. the most we see are the little 'nip shot' bottles from the package store & damn fast food trash. i love this org. that i am a supporter of as well - they clean the oceans of plastic.

About Us - 4ocean

I think that adopting a stretch of road is a great project. I try to do it on a bit of ours. I get grossed out sometimes though - it's not a heavily traveled road but it's near the interstate exit - and sometimes I'll find bottles of urine :puke3:

:auiqs.jpg:people are pigs.
Every spring and fall they do the roadside cleanup for the Adopt a Highway program. Did it with snowmobile club once. I am always amazed and disgusted by the sheer amount of trash that ends up in the ditches in just 6 months. What kind of assholes throw trash wherever the hell they want.
Here is a couple photos of the yearly Mississippi river cleanup near Mpls.
View attachment 487014View attachment 487015View attachment 487016
Fucking unreal.

i just don't get it either. we have people in my little town ( myself included ) that have adopted roads/neighborhoods & pick up garbage that pigs throw out. the most we see are the little 'nip shot' bottles from the package store & damn fast food trash. i love this org. that i am a supporter of as well - they clean the oceans of plastic.

About Us - 4ocean

I think that adopting a stretch of road is a great project. I try to do it on a bit of ours. I get grossed out sometimes though - it's not a heavily traveled road but it's near the interstate exit - and sometimes I'll find bottles of urine :puke3:
I think those are called Trucker Bombs...:laugh:

at least NOW we have a real defender of the environment & a real native american.

anybody remember this anti litter ad?

1 second rule when the mask hits the ground it is useless. 2 second rule if my back hurts , I not going to bother to pick it up. 3 second rule, oh well somebody will pick it up.
general rule - I don't care if I litter.

Coyote, take a look at the debris left after a progressive rally, and compare that to the venue after a repub one.

There is NO comparison. The progressive rallies look like pig stys

Westwall. I take a look at what's around me here where I live. I live in one of the reddest states in the union. There is litter everywhere. The redder the county, the more the dumping. I see tires, mattresses and old appliances dumped off into the brush on gravel roads. I walk along a bit of our road and pick up empty beer cans, bottles, paper, McDonalds bags of trash to clean up. So don't tell me about comparisons. This isn't progressive territory.

It's the exact opposite out here. Carson City is pretty repub and clean. Reno is progressive, and a dump. Not as bad as San Franshitsco, but getting there.

Did anyone here grow up during the "Don't be a Litter Bug" years? I remember that being drilled into me from the earliest grade school. Don't be a litter bug. Do they teach that any more?
Remember this one?
1620153354928.png

If you want to see lots of trash, head to Seattle or Portland, those homeless camps are full of garbage.

My wife and I realize that some people are homeless but at least pick up after yourselves and take pride in where you live.

If you want to see trash, go ANYWHERE people congregate. It doesn't matter where and it certainly doesn't matter what the dominant political persuasion might be. Some people are pigs.

Did anyone here grow up during the "Don't be a Litter Bug" years? I remember that being drilled into me from the earliest grade school. Don't be a litter bug. Do they teach that any more?
Remember this one?
View attachment 487032

Yeah, the Italian masquerading as a Native American. That was a good commercial though.
Hey! I remember that now. :D Iron Eyes Cody, born in Louisiana, but first generation son of Italian immigrants, not native American in the least, but always played Indians in the movies. Real Americana story. Only in American can a poor Italian boy grow up to become known and recognized and a great American Indian chief, like Sitting Bull.:auiqs.jpg:Yep. Good commercial. He put real Native American feeling into it. :)

Coyote, take a look at the debris left after a progressive rally, and compare that to the venue after a repub one.

Westwall. I take a look at what's around me here where I live. I live in one of the reddest states in the union. There is litter everywhere. The redder the county, the more the dumping. I see tires, mattresses and old appliances dumped off into the brush on gravel roads. I walk along a bit of our road and pick up empty beer cans, bottles, paper, McDonalds bags of trash to clean up. So don't tell me about comparisons. This isn't progressive territory.
Yea, you should move to a blue city like Seattle, so much better:
05202019_Homeless_cleanup_131854-1560x960.jpg

homeless-camp-620.jpg

Has it occurred to you that homeless encampments like these do not have regular trash/garbage/recycle pickup? The city could put a dumpster nearby but, of course, that would be considered enabling and folks like you would shut that down in short order.

Has it occurred to you that homeless encampments like these do not have regular trash/garbage/recycle pickup? The city could put a dumpster nearby but, of course, that would be considered enabling and folks like you would shut that down in short order.

Has it occurred to you that people who give a shit about their living conditions DO SOMETHING ABOUT THEM, third world towns in Africa look better. And they are made of mud!

Wake the hell up you fucking jackass!

Yea, you should move to a blue city like Seattle, so much better:
05202019_Homeless_cleanup_131854-1560x960.jpg

homeless-camp-620.jpg

I don't need to. I have that crap right here. It is ignorant to think only one end of the ideological spectrum is trashy or only one political party tries to clean up.

NC has an annual Spring Litter Sweep. This year’s collection set a new Spring Litter Sweep (April 10-24) record of 1.4 million pounds of roadside trash removed.

That's all kinds of people littering and all kinds of people coming together to clean up.

It's the exact opposite out here. Carson City is pretty repub and clean. Reno is progressive, and a dump. Not as bad as San Franshitsco, but getting there.

I think it very much depends on the individual city, population densities, etc. as well as the local cultural ethics.

Forbes did a rating of cleanest and dirtiest cities, but it covered more than just garbage disposal: The Dirtiest And Cleanest Cities In America (The Worst Will Surprise You)

Sure! Litter vs.:

- Burnt flags and torches left by white supremists,
- shell casings from right wing nutjob murderers
- 140 injured police
- a gallows
- empty bear spray cans
- pipe bombs
- probably more than a few meth mouth teeth

Forum List

Back