Remember When Legalization Of Pot Would End Drug Dealing?

Of course it's getting cheaper. The legal stuff is cutting in on their sales, so they have to cut prices to keep customers. It won't happen until pot is legal in more states, but legal growers will drop their prices and run the cartels out of business. Walmart has been doing that type thing for years.

Of course it's getting cheaper. The legal stuff is cutting in on their sales, so they have to cut prices to keep customers. It won't happen until pot is legal in more states, but legal growers will drop their prices and run the cartels out of business. Walmart has been doing that type thing for years.
No, the State has taxes galore and that’s what’s going on. It’s why people are getting killed over illegal cigarette sales. The government.

Besides, the drug cartels could sell it for pennies on the dollar for years to destroy legal sales if they wanted.​

In the US, it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Most legal weed has a higher percentage of THC than regular-grade street weed. If you want equal quality, you have to pay as much, or more, for illegal weed.

Pot on the street is $10 a gram on average here in AZ, the same they charge at a dispensary here for mid grade grams. It's still cheaper at the dispensary because you can get a special daily deal on an ounce for $65 and flip that into a couple hundred and some change.
Dispensaries help street dealers. They don't hurt them.

All is proceeding as foreseen. California, Colorado, Canada, wherever they sold that counterfeit idea.

Illegal cannabis getting even cheaper, as legal gets costlier, StatsCan says

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/cannabis-prices-1.5206554

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit. I haven't smoked pot in a long time but I smoked it long ago, I've grown it and I have studied all about the plant, from soil needs to physical and psychological effects. I can tell you this:

1. Pot is a WEED. It really doesn't cost ANYTHING to grow the stuff. Plant some seeds outdoors in some good loam in a sunny place with hot weather and lots of clear days and you'll get more good weed than you know what to do with. FOR FREE. It's a fucking weed!
  2. If you grow it indoors, you'll add the cost of lighting and electricity. Not that great a deal.
  3. Pot is sold by the OUNCE. Maybe the quarter pound. This talk of grams is bullshit. You buy Black Moroccan hash or oil by the gram. I'd go through that gram before I even got home from the store.
  4. The first ounce I ever bought was $15.00, for an ounce of Mexican. Today, that same ounce would be worth about $85.00 ($3.00 a gram).
  5. In the mid-1970s a premium ounce of Acapulco or Colombian was between $35.00 and $40.00. That was the GOOD STUFF. Fuck you up. $190.00 today. ($6.70 / gram)
  6. The idea then of paying $300.00 / ounce then is BULLSHIT. You don't need no super strain. You don't need any fancy name. You don't need it all manicured and trimmed. If I were to smoke today, I would say fuck you to the "legal" market, get some regular old "illegal" stuff with stems and seeds in it and then grow your own. The beauty of it all is that with each new generation you grow from old, the plant adjusts and acclimates to your climate and just gets better and better.

Last edited:

The problem isn't production costs, the problem is the States and local governments are over-taxing the legal stuff, thus creating an "under" black market instead of an "over" black market.

All is proceeding as foreseen. California, Colorado, Canada, wherever they sold that counterfeit idea.

I'm sorry, but this is bullshit. I haven't smoked pot in a long time but I smoked it long ago, I've grown it and I have studied all about the plant, from soil needs to physical and psychological effects. I can tell you this:

1. Pot is a WEED. It really doesn't cost ANYTHING to grow the stuff. Plant some seeds outdoors in some good loam in a sunny place with hot weather and lots of clear days and you'll get more good weed than you know what to do with. FOR FREE. It's a fucking weed!
  2. If you grow it indoors, you'll add the cost of lighting and electricity. Not that great a deal.
  3. Pot is sold by the OUNCE. Maybe the quarter pound. This talk of grams is bullshit.
  4. The first ounce I ever bought was $15.00, for an ounce of Mexican. Today, that same ounce would be worth about $85.00 ($3.00 a gram).
  5. In the mid-1970s a premium ounce of Acapulco or Colombian was between $35.00 and $40.00. That was the GOOD STUFF. Fuck you up. $190.00 today.
  6. The idea then of paying $300.00 / ounce then is BULLSHIT. You don't need no super strain. You don't need any fancy name. You don't need it all manicured and trimmed. If I were to smoke today, I would say fuck you to the "legal" market, get some regular old "illegal" stuff with stems and seeds in it and then grow your own. The beauty of it all is that with each new generation you grow from old, the plant adjusts and acclimates to your climate and just gets better and better.
When did you last smoke pot? The 1970's? Your info is outdated and just wrong. Nowadays, street dealers sell it by the gram, eigths and quarters on the corner. People buy gram bags from them all day. They make more money that way.

If you want to make money on the streets from marijuana in AZ, you have to sell the good stuff, nobody is buying Mexican dirt weed anymore. They all have a buddy with a med card that gets them a ounce for $65 when the dispensaries have deals....then they go out and sell it at a marked up price, usually only a couple bucks tacked on to what they paid per gram.

In the US, it's not an apples-to-apples comparison. Most legal weed has a higher percentage of THC than regular-grade street weed. If you want equal quality, you have to pay as much, or more, for illegal weed.

The super high grade stuff they are creating now (10-20% and more) is really just a waste of money. It may hit you harder for a while, but you soon develop a higher tolerance, and you end up smoking just as much, now at a higher cost. Smoking pot really needs followed by occasional periods of no smoking to allow the resistance to go back down. THC isn't really even the real game in town. It's a minor player. Truth be told, THC needs used in combination with another drug; together, the two fit together into a receptor site in the base of the brain to do far more for the "high experience" than either can do on their own.

That other drug? Sorry, that is information I don't give out.

The super high grade stuff they are creating now (10-20% and more) is really just a waste of money. It may hit you harder for a while, but you soon develop a higher tolerance, and you end up smoking just as much, now at a higher cost. Smoking pot really needs followed by occasional periods of no smoking to allow the resistance to go back down. THC isn't really even the real game in town. It's a minor player. Truth be told, THC needs used in combination with another drug; together, the two fit together into a receptor site in the base of the brain to do far more for the "high experience" than either can do on their own.

Dispensaries make high grade weed cheaper to get on the streets here in AZ.

3. Pot is sold by the OUNCE. Maybe the quarter pound. This talk of grams is bullshit.
  5. In the mid-1970s a premium ounce of Acapulco or Colombian was between $35.00 and $40.00. That was the GOOD STUFF. Fuck you up. $190.00 today.
When did you last smoke pot? The 1970's? Your info is outdated and just wrong. Nowadays, street dealers sell it by the gram, eigths and quarters on the corner. People buy gram bags from them all day. They make more money that way.

Not from me. Back in the day, they would have laughed at you wanting to only sell a gram. There was maybe a nickel bag or dime bag (one or two fingers), but that was it. I used to sprinkle the stuff on my pizzas! (fabulous BTW). If you can only buy it by the gram, you are dealing with the wrong people. Me outdated? Son, I've forgotten more about pot than you will EVER know!

Considering that I estimate I can grow it myself if I wanted in my house today for about 35¢ a gram (killer stuff BTW), I doubt that. For people who are large scale producers, their cost is even lower. These people are getting RICH off of you. :auiqs.jpg:

Not from me. Back in the day, they would have laughed at you wanting to only sell a gram. There was maybe a nickel bag or dime bag (one or two fingers), but that was it. I used to sprinkle the stuff on my pizzas! (fabulous BTW). If you can only buy it by the gram, you are dealing with the wrong people. Me outdated? Son, I've forgotten more about pot than you will EVER know!
I'm not that young, lol.
I don't think you understand how open-air, street-level drug dealing works nowadays. People have been selling gram bags(my brother called them "niggy sacks" back in the day because it was mostly black dudes selling it along with their crack bags downtown)forever now.
It is a convenience thing, not everyone has 250-300 to spend on a ounce of good bud nowadays..so the street level dudes you're laughing at are making a killing serving that much larger demographic of pothead.

Considering that I estimate I can grow it myself if I wanted in my house today for about 35¢ a gram (killer stuff BTW), I doubt that. For people who are large scale producers, their cost is even lower. These people are getting RICH off of you. :auiqs.jpg:

Not me. I don't smoke pot.

I saw that kit. Hahahaha.

I agree with that synergistic effect principle. Never go on a trip without it.

But Cannabis has been a agricultural crop a lot longer than it has been illegal.

The keif content of many of the strains growers found have always been that high. We just didn't get that with the dirt weed in the 70's. When that guy who founded High Times brought in all that Colombian was really the first mass marketing of a higher quality smoke.

3. Pot is sold by the OUNCE. Maybe the quarter pound. This talk of grams is bullshit. You buy Black Moroccan hash or oil by the gram. I'd go through that gram before I even got home from the store.
  5. In the mid-1970s a premium ounce of Acapulco or Colombian was between $35.00 and $40.00. That was the GOOD STUFF. Fuck you up. $190.00 today. ($6.70 / gram)
Pot takes hundreds of millions gallons of fresh drinking water every year from parched California to grow.

No, the State has taxes galore and that’s what’s going on. It’s why people are getting killed over illegal cigarette sales. The government.

Besides, the drug cartels could sell it for pennies on the dollar for years to destroy legal sales if they wanted.​
its still a felony to buy from a non legal seller....and the shops sell you bud with no seeds and stems.....

Forum List

Back