Religion and Politics

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Your Cuddly Choco Bear
Maybe you noticed. Im a spiritual, religious person.

But I agree with some thinkers, like Karl Marx but only in a historical context, that religion is opium for the people and “Then as well as now, kings and priests, leaders and politicians, have used religions more to enslave people than to free them.”
― ~Sw. Chidananda Tirtha

I dont want that we get ruled by some priest kings, but then again, now it is different, and that is a thing of the past. Now there are diverse types of mechanisms of power, and how people get brainwashed and you dont need only religion anymore for it and it is being replaced, and I think religion is good thing to give us hope, faith, values etc. but only if it is practiced by our free choice, and free will which was in the past not like that but now it is.
Any opinions? I guess you wouldnt have expected that from me, by now, what I have posted about religion so far. Right?

Nah, that confused, self contradictory pablum is exactly what I would have expected. As though opium addiction is a good thing if it is by choice.

not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that-reaction-gif-on-seinfeld.gif

Nah, that confused, self contradictory pablum is exactly what I would have expected. As though opium addiction is a good thing if it is by choice.

not-that-theres-anything-wrong-with-that-reaction-gif-on-seinfeld.gif

Nah. Opium for the people means to me, that it is used to keep them slaves, and oppressed, not that the believe in a God is per se opium or a drug because you believe in it. I dont know how he meant it really though.

But I agree with some thinkers, like Karl Marx but only in a historical context, that religion is opium for the people and “Then as well as now, kings and priests, leaders and politicians, have used religions more to enslave people than to free them.”
― ~Sw. Chidananda Tirtha

I dont want that we get ruled by some priest kings, but then again, now it is different, and that is a thing of the past. Now there are diverse types of mechanisms of power, and how people get brainwashed and you dont need only religion anymore for it and it is being replaced, and I think religion is good thing to give us hope, faith, values etc. but only if it is practiced by our free choice, and free will which was in the past not like that but now it is.
Any opinions? I guess you wouldnt have expected that from me, by now, what I have posted about religion so far. Right?

You can't be religious and spiritual at the same time.lol!

― ~Sw. Chidananda Tirtha

Sure you can, as a Catholic.

― ~Sw. Chidananda Tirtha

Sure you can, as a Catholic.

That's an oxymoron. :D

― ~Sw. Chidananda Tirtha

Religion and politics are two subjects that you often have to be careful in discussing with people.

Why?

Because both deal with how we should view the world and how we should live our lives.

One of the many differences between the two is, with politics they will cram their worldview down your throat whether you want it or not, and force you to live how other sinful men think you should live your life. Put the religion and politics together, and what you have is a living hell and abuses rife with how sinful man tells you that he knows better than you what God wants for your life. Then you run into things like Inquisitions, Crusades, and jihads, forcing children to protest guns during school time, etc. that don't come from God.

Opium for the people means to me, that it is used to keep them slaves, and oppressed, not that the believe in a God is per se opium or a drug because you believe in it.
Probably best you invent your own meanings.

People with ethics have little use for the state. Conversely, the state has little use for people with ethics.
people that speak for others have no ethics. the ethical state has yet to occur.

Warnock, 51, is running for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia against incumbent Kelly Loeffler. Warnock is an ordained minister and since 2005 preaches at the Ebeneezer Baptist church in Atlanta. This church presently is a NATIONAL SITE, sits in a NATIONAL PARK, and is maintained by the NATIONAL PARK SERVICE. And the right REV. Warnock, gets to preach whatever he sees fit from that NATIONALLY funded religious sanctuary.

So, why exactly, is prayer, Bible reading, and creationism not allowed in Public schools? Double standard?

Warnock, 51, is running for a U.S. Senate seat in Georgia against incumbent Kelly Loeffler. Warnock is an ordained minister and since 2005 preaches at the Ebeneezer Baptist church in Atlanta. This church presently is a NATIONAL SITE, sits in a NATIONAL PARK, and is maintained by the NATIONAL PARK SERVICE. And the right REV. Warnock, gets to preach whatever he sees fit from that NATIONALLY funded religious sanctuary.

So, why exactly, is prayer, Bible reading, and creationism not allowed in Public schools? Double standard?

I'm sorry, but I really am not following the parallel you're trying to draw.

― ~Sw. Chidananda Tirtha

You're spouting the slogans of popular Christianity. Of course you can be both religious and spiritual.

View attachment 434273
Anti-abortion demonstrators outside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Memphis, one of two abortion clinics in the city.Credit...Brandon Dill for The New York Times
Abortion Capital of Bible Belt? Tennessee Vote Tests That Idea - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
----------------------------------------
What do you call this?
Many fake Christians are in politics.

You're claiming that the opposition to infanticide and offering help is not Christian? You're ridiculous. Abortion is murder, not a legitimate right at all.

View attachment 434273
Anti-abortion demonstrators outside a Planned Parenthood clinic in Memphis, one of two abortion clinics in the city.Credit...Brandon Dill for The New York Times
Abortion Capital of Bible Belt? Tennessee Vote Tests That Idea - The New York Times (nytimes.com)
What do you call this?

You're claiming that the opposition to infanticide and offering help is not Christian? You're ridiculous. Abortion is murder, not a legitimate right at all.
Abortion is murder, not a legitimate right at all.
- an abortion is nothing more than a woman's choice to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

It was the Democratic Party that instigated the removal of GOD from the National Public Education Forum when Kennedy was President. It is a Democrat who is minister at that National Public "Shrine". Does that make it any easier to follow?

View attachment 434273
What do you call this?

Abortion is murder, not a legitimate right at all.
- an abortion is nothing more than a woman's choice to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.
The choice is to engage in sex or not to engage in sex. The pregnancy is GOD's decision.

It was the Democratic Party that instigated the removal of GOD from the National Public Education Forum when Kennedy was President. It is a Democrat who is minister at that National Public "Shrine". Does that make it any easier to follow?

Thank God they did.

Forum List

Back