Regarding Defense Of Your Pets

Road Runner

Take Back America In 2024 Vote Trump!
Jun 16, 2021
USA
Why is it that you can totally shoot to kill somebody who is trying to murder your child, but the same law doesn't apply if somebody is trying to murder your cat or dog? I just found that out and that makes me angry because pets are family too even though children should take first priority.

Why is it that you can totally shoot to kill somebody who is trying to murder your child, but the same law doesn't apply if somebody is trying to murder your cat or dog? I just found that out and that makes me angry because pets are family too even though children should take first priority.
Can you develop the scenario here you are discussing?

now you kill one of my pets and i know its you...i would seek revenge of some type

the only time someone threaten one of my dogs....he was told by hubby he best hope nothing happens to my dog cause he would track him down and deal with it...

For the longest time we had wiener dogs and a Caucasian Mountain dog. Once a hawk landed in a tree over Tbone (the ancient 8 lber). The Mountain dog went over and literally stood over him like a roof of muscle, fur, and teeth until I made the hawk go away.

Pets are considered property, unless they are property of a LEO agency. As such, depending on your local laws (Texas) one may, or may not legally use deadly force to protect their property.

Pets are considered property, unless they are property of a LEO agency. As such, depending on your local laws (Texas) one may, or may not legally use deadly force to protect their property.
Good points. Don't forget there's also a lot of weirdness around protecting livestock and Texas law. If biffy the cat attacks a cow, thats a problem.

Good points. Don't forget there's also a lot of weirdness around protecting livestock and Texas law. If biffy the cat attacks a cow, thats a problem.

It's not weird, livestock animals are expensive property and should be protected accordingly. When I lived in a rural area in California, there were signs posted that any animals harassing or harming livestock could be shot.

It's not weird, livestock animals are expensive property and should be protected accordingly. When I lived in a rural area in California, there were signs posted that any animals harassing or harming livestock could be shot.

This DAMN OUGHT TO BE EXTENDED to human harassment or harming.

Do you have any clue how many horses and cows are stolen and then slaughtered, chopped up and sold from those mobile meat trailers you see everywhere behind pickup trucks? The people who buy from them are equally guilty.

images

Worry about the legal semantics later; protect your pet first. Our blue heeler is part of the family. Many of our daily and long-term plans revolve around him. We would protect him same as one of our children . . . no hesitation, no questions asked.

Can you develop the scenario here you are discussing?

Well this is the video that made me think of this topic. If this were a child, it would be attempted murder, but since it's a cat this sad and sick individual probably only got a slap on the wrist.

Well this is the video that made me think of this topic. If this were a child, it would be attempted murder, but since it's a cat this sad and sick individual probably only got a slap on the wrist.

Probably did only get a slap on the wrist, but... If you killed someone for killing a cat... Who do you think the government, and media would portray as the psychopath?

Probably did only get a slap on the wrist, but... If you killed someone for killing a cat... Who do you think the government, and media would portray as the psychopath?

Well you obviously, but why? Isn't a life a life regardless if it has two legs and skin or four legs and fur?

I agree. But unfortunately, law was created by humans, not puppers, so legally puppers are relegated to basically slave (I.E. property) status. Cruelty to animals is all we get. :dunno: Anyone trying to murder any person or pet has screws loose to begin with.

Forum List

Back