[red line] would change my calculus

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009
"That [red line] would change my calculus. That would change my equation." ~ President Obama August 20, 2012

THE PRESIDENT: We have been very clear to the Assad regime, but also to other players on the ground, that a red line for us is we start seeing a whole bunch of chemical weapons moving around or being utilized. That would change my calculus. That would change my equation.

Q So you're confident it’s somehow under -- it's safe?

THE PRESIDENT: In a situation this volatile, I wouldn’t say that I am absolutely confident. What I’m saying is we’re monitoring that situation very carefully. We have put together a range of contingency plans. We have communicated in no uncertain terms with every player in the region that that’s a red line for us and that there would be enormous consequences if we start seeing movement on the chemical weapons front or the use of chemical weapons. That would change my calculations significantly.

All right, thank you, everybody.

Why does Obama want to topple Assad so badly? Why does Obama want to give Syria to AQ?

n May, Carla Del Ponte, a member of the UN’s human rights commission on Syria, told Swiss TV that she had ‘strong, concrete suspicions’ that rebel forces had been using sarin, on a small scale, during the conflict.

Soon afterwards, Turkish security forces were reported to have found the nerve agent in the possession of fighters for the al-Nusra front, a rebel group linked to Al Qaeda, who were detained while heading across the border into Syria.

Syria's nerve gas massacre: Revenge of tyrant's one-legged brother or monstrous trick by rebels? | Mail Online

Dumbass MSM claims the definition of; "That [red line] would change my calculus. That would change my equation" is crossed some sort of imaginary red line.

The use of chemical weapons, the way these were used is so classically AQ that the only wonder is how anyone would think it was anyone else.

Assad knows how killing childrenn is viewed in the west. So does AQ. The only side to get the benefit is AQ. It is exactly what the palestinians have been doing to Israel for years. Does anyone remember Mohammed Dura? He was supposedly shot by Isralie soldiers, in his father's arms as they were hiding. It just so happened to be caught on a handy camera. Then it was discovered that the boy was shot by palestinians and his father was in on it from the beginning.

These are the same Syrian terrorists that shot a 14 year old boy in front of his parents for the crime of insulting the prophet. They use dead children to theiir best advantage. There's no advantage to Assad.

You can try to polish that turd until you fingers wear away...it's still going to be a turd.

Obama stepped in it.

He bluffed with a pair of twos and everyone at the table called him on it.

Obama looks weak, and makes America look weak...and it's a self inflicted wound.

But keep trying to spin it...the liberal base is predisposed to believe in change.

Forum List

Back