How should Syria/Iran react to Western attack?

Hoffstra

Rookie
Aug 20, 2013
Without a mandate from the UN security council or an attack upon an ally, any Western attack upon Syria would be illegal under international law.

How should Syria and its allies respond to such a blatant violation of international law?

I suggest Syria/Iran fire its missiles at American warships & bases in the region.

They should also launch missiles against Israeli military sites.

If there are at least 100 civilian deaths due to the Western strikes, they have the right to respond by attacking Western embassies and Israeli civilian areas.

Illegal? What books are you reading?

And they'd react like anyone else would. They'd catch on fire and run around screaming.

Last edited:
Without a mandate from the UN security council or an attack upon an ally, any Western attack upon Syria would be illegal under international law.

How should Syria and its allies respond to such a blatant violation of international law?

I suggest Syria/Iran fire its missiles at American warships & bases in the region.

If there are at least 100 civilian deaths due to the Western strikes, they have the right to respond by attacking Western embassies and Israeli civilian areas.

We can sure tell whose side you're on. So if they fire on American ships, you're ok with American deaths? My son serves on a ship, asswipe.

We can sure tell whose side you're on. So if they fire on American ships, you're ok with American deaths? My son serves on a ship, asswipe.

Syria has a right to defend itself and respond against illegal military actions.

Your son is a military target. I hope he gets off the ship if he is in the Mediteranean.

Syria has a right to defend itself and respond against illegal military actions.

Your son is a military target. I hope he gets off the ship if he is in the Mediteranean.

Hope you grow some gonads and head to the Mediteranean.

Hope you grow some gonads and head to the Mediteranean.

I don't want the USA to attack Syria.

We don't need another war and the evidence isn't conclusive enough.

But if we do attack, Syria has a right to respond.

Duck!

After seeing B.O.'s MO, I'd give the guy whatever he wants and ask if they can be friends again.

You talk about an illegal U.S strike, but you omit the fact that what Assad is doing to his own people is highly illegal.

If Syria doesn't want to be attacked, they should have thought twice before slaughtering their civilians. Too little too late now.

You talk about an illegal U.S strike, but you omit the fact that what Assad is doing to his own people is highly illegal.

If Syria doesn't want to be attacked, they should have thought twice before slaughtering their civilians. Too little too late now.

Syria's war against non-Syrian Islamists is illegal?

Its illegal for them to defend their country against Islamists from Iraq, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia?

Hardly.

But you know what WOULD be illegal? A nation such as the USA punishing another state for it's intra-state actions to stop terrorists and extremists from taking over the country, without approval from the UN security council or at least approval from the General Assembly.

Contrary to your beliefs, the United States is not the world's self-appointed policeman.

Syria's war against non-Syrian Islamists is illegal?

Its illegal for them to defend their country against Islamists from Iraq, Turkey, and Saudi Arabia?

Hardly.

But you know what WOULD be illegal? A nation such as the USA punishing another state for it's intra-state actions to stop terrorists and extremists from taking over the country, without approval from the UN security council or at least approval from the General Assembly.

Contrary to your beliefs, the United States is not the world's self-appointed policeman.
Uncle Sam is just like Judge Roy Bean.

Whereas Syria is attacking civilians with chemical weapons, if the US decide to bomb Syria you can be sure they would not target civilians but infrastructure or launching sites etc that would limit or stop the Syrian army's ability to target the civilians.

There is a video on the BBC website posted on there that shows what Syria's military has done to civilians. You can read about the chemical attack here. You can also watch the video that the BBC has posted. In case the video is pulled from the BBC website it is widely available on Youtube and I have saved a copy.

BBC News - Syria crisis: Incendiary bomb victims 'like the walking dead'

Whereas Syria is attacking civilians with chemical weapons, if the US decide to bomb Syria you can be sure they would not target civilians but infrastructure or launching sites etc that would limit or stop the Syrian army's ability to target the civilians.

There is a video on the BBC website posted on there that shows what Syria's military has done to civilians. You can read about the chemical attack here. You can also watch the video that the BBC has posted. In case the video is pulled from the BBC website it is widely available on Youtube and I have saved a copy.

listen Glick, if the USA kills Syrian civilians, Syria has the right to respond by killing Israeli civilians.

what's fair is fair.

listen Glick, if the USA kills Syrian civilians, Syria has the right to respond by killing Israeli civilians.

what's fair is fair.

Ah any excuse for cowardly and bullying buddies to attack Israel eh?

Forum List

Back