Rational and logical observations why there can be NO god....

If you believe, I’m smarter than you. Forgot the comma
Your understanding of the nature of existence is nonexistent. You aren't qualified to have that opinion because you have never made any attempt at understanding any of it.

You'd learn a lot from reading Maimonides.
How come the churches don’t push Maimonides if it’s so enlightening? Ho come it’s the first time I’m hearing about it?

How many book ps did it take to convince you that you were right about god?

What sect of Christianity are you again?

What Maimonides gave the Jewish world (and modernists in general) was basically a way not to accept every word of the Torah as literal truth, when demonstrated truth contradicted it.

Never tried. Why would I want to do that? But I did make one guy leave the board after a bull ring discussion.
You sure seem like you’re trying.

If I had to pick one guy who’s the main guy of the religious section of Usmb, itd be you. You’re like the king of this section. Like Jesus. You’re always here. More than anyone else. I’m almost bored with you. It’s like, oh god him again? You run me out of here too. Boring.

How come the churches don’t push Maimonides if it’s so enlightening? Ho come it’s the first time I’m hearing about it?

How many book ps did it take to convince you that you were right about god?

What sect of Christianity are you again?
I don't know that they don't. Do you know everything every church "pushes?"

You want me to list everything I have read over a twenty year period while earnestly seeking the meaning of life? It doesn't work that way. A better question for you is why haven't you spent any tome searching for the meaning of life.

I'm a Catholic. Are you going to try to tell me my beliefs aren't Catholic beliefs?

Over the last 100 years?
Yep.
Anyone who studies Talmud, which means "To learn", understands all realms of knowledge.
You don't realize that many appliances today can be used on Shabbos because the Rabbis tell them how to do it.
Who do think runs the kosher organizations? Rabbis.
They know everything about farming and animals.
You want astronomy? We got it.
Maimonides calculated the orbit of the moon from the Talmud and NASA got it wrong until a Rabbi made them admit that Maimonides got it right and they didn't.
Pi? Yep...in the Talmud.

What Maimonides gave the Jewish world (and modernists in general) was basically a way not to accept every word of the Torah as literal truth, when demonstrated truth contradicted it.
Correction... What Maimonides gave the world.

But I believe you are misstating that... it's not so much truth contradicted the Torah as much as it is what is the truth that was trying to be conveyed by the author which often times cannot be discerned from a literal reading.

You sure seem like you’re trying.

If I had to pick one guy who’s the main guy of the religious section of Usmb, itd be you. You’re like the king of this section. Like Jesus. You’re always here. More than anyone else. I’m almost bored with you. It’s like, oh god him again? You run me out of here too. Boring.
No. I'm opposing you. I don't care what you do. I'm here to repair the damage you create with your intellectually inferior militant atheism.

Correction... What Maimonides gave the world.
Agreed, definitely. See: modernists

it's not so much truth contradicted the Torah as much as it is what is the truth that was trying to be conveyed by the author which often times cannot be discerned from a literal reading.
i.e., contradicted literal reading of the Torah. Like when I said:

"What Maimonides gave the Jewish world (and modernists in general) was basically a way not to accept every word of the Torah as literal truth, when demonstrated truth contradicted it."

So we agree again.

My shit is locked down. Sue me.

Agreed, definitely. See: modernists

i.e., contradicted literal reading of the Torah. Like when I said:

"What Maimonides gave the Jewish world (and modernists in general) was basically a way not to accept every word of the Torah as literal truth, when demonstrated truth contradicted it."

So we agree again.
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading his work. He was one of the great thinkers in history.

You think you’re the smartest guy in the room. Usually that guys wrong.
Nope. Nothing special about me. Anyone can do it. You just have to die to self to see reality. If I argued against the truth there is nothing I could argue that would defeat the truth. That's how the conflict and confusion process works. Error cannot stand. Eventually it fails. Truth is discovered.

Okay, everyone, show of hands -- who's given up their faith over this thread?

Hmmm...

I count zero.
It's not about a show of hands.
It's about facts that the godbotherers will not accept.
In a democratic society, all people have to be catered for. It's coincidental that those who believe that rubbish are
Usually low IQ.
They have a right to believe it but they don't have evidence.

Forum List

Back