Rational and logical observations why there can be NO god....

How so?

Because I can tell you that dude is intentionally evasive about the sources of his beliefs. I'm not.
the desert, christian "religion" is a terrorist organization.

- you are just afraid the communist will kick your ass again for commanding them how they should live their lives.

Yes, this is always when you go into broken parrot mode. Now ask for my credentials. Or i could just write your posts for you.
And he wants me to waste my time and debate him. I'm sorry but isn't that what we've been doing for years? I think he gets off on debating the existence of god.

And to be honest, I don't think he really believes the shit he's saying. I can at least tell you this. We're not buying it. So if he's not being very convincing, how can he himself be buying the bad arguments he's making?

I would settle for you reciting the evidence for the universe being created from nothing. ;)
What creates a new bubble in a lava lamp? The entire universe is much bigger than our little individual universe.

Now don't go off on a tangent about alternate universes and there being another me somewhere out there in another universe. I think that's ridiculous. Each universe, just like each solar system in our single universe, are all different. No reason to think there are infinite other versions of me in other universes. That's just stupid.

There can be other universes without other you's. Get over yourself. Just like you can't imagine this universe without you. You have to believe that you will continue long after your animal body is dead. Such a joke. It's so obviously stupid I can't believe we're even having this conversation in the year 2021. Maybe 1800 when people were dumb but for fuck sakes would you please evolve?

By the way like BTK I volunteered at my church this weekend. We have an annual Greek Festival and my church makes over $200,000 in 3 days. Hopefully the 90 degree weather didn't hurt sales. The priest needs a new car. LOL

What creates a new bubble in a lava lamp? The entire universe is much bigger than our little individual universe.

Now don't go off on a tangent about alternate universes and there being another me somewhere out there in another universe. I think that's ridiculous. Each universe, just like each solar system in our single universe, are all different. No reason to think there are infinite other versions of me in other universes. That's just stupid.

There can be other universes without other you's. Get over yourself. Just like you can't imagine this universe without you. You have to believe that you will continue long after your animal body is dead. Such a joke. It's so obviously stupid I can't believe we're even having this conversation in the year 2021. Maybe 1800 when people were dumb but for fuck sakes would you please evolve?

By the way like BTK I volunteered at my church this weekend. We have an annual Greek Festival and my church makes over $200,000 in 3 days. Hopefully the 90 degree weather didn't hurt sales. The priest needs a new car. LOL
Dude, seriously? A lava lamp. You could just study the science, right?

That the universe was created from nothing freaks atheists out.

No idea who that is or what you are trying to get at.
Bind Torture Kill. One of the most famous cereal killers in US history. You don't know who BTK is?

What I found interesting is that he was the president of a church. I love that. That sort of tells me the mindset of people who go to church. Like you, a lot of them are evil pricks who just want to believe they are going to go to heaven some day. I get it.

I don't think BTK believed in god. I think he was a member to blend in. Too fool everyone. And to become President means he likes to be in control.

Dude, seriously? A lava lamp. You could just study the science, right?

That the universe was created from nothing freaks atheists out.
You can't study multiverse with science can you? It's unprovable and unknowable. Too much for a human brain to prove.

If you can't explain how something comes from nothing, yes, it freaks us out. Since everything has an explanation. And you can't explain it. So we reject your notion that it was "created from nothing".

I mean, where was god before he created our universe? No where?

Bind Torture Kill. One of the most famous cereal killers in US history. You don't know who BTK is?

What I found interesting is that he was the president of a church. I love that. That sort of tells me the mindset of people who go to church. Like you, a lot of them are evil pricks who just want to believe they are going to go to heaven some day. I get it.

I don't think BTK believed in god. I think he was a member to blend in. Too fool everyone. And to become President means he likes to be in control.
Nope. Never heard of him.

You can't study multiverse with science can you? It's unprovable and unknowable. Too much for a human brain to prove.

If you can't explain how something comes from nothing, yes, it freaks us out. Since everything has an explanation. And you can't explain it. So we reject your notion that it was "created from nothing".

I mean, where was god before he created our universe? No where?
The theory of multiverses is based upon what I have been arguing. If you accept that multiverses exist then you must accept that each universe created was created from nothing. That's the basis for multiverses.

I have explained how something comes from nothing. Many times. It seems you won't accept it unless you discover it for yourself. Do your own research into the origin of the cosmic background radiation and get back to me. The key things to research is what created that massive amount of radiation and just how massive is that radiation.

Anyone who is serious about understanding the origin of the universe would look this up on their own.

While you are at it you might research the universe being created with nearly equal amounts of matter and anti-matter. And you might want to research paired particle production and how that relates to the quantum mechanics of false vacuums. Because all of this relates to the origin of the universe.

As for why you can't fathom where God was before the universe was created, I submit that it's your perception of God that makes you ask silly questions like this.

The theory of multiverses is based upon what I have been arguing. If you accept that multiverses exist then you must accept that each universe created was created from nothing. That's the basis for multiverses.

I have explained how something comes from nothing. Many times. It seems you won't accept it unless you discover it for yourself. Do your own research into the origin of the cosmic background radiation and get back to me. The key things to research is what created that massive amount of radiation and just how massive is that radiation.

Anyone who is serious about understanding the origin of the universe would look this up on their own.

While you are at it you might research the universe being created with nearly equal amounts of matter and anti-matter. And you might want to research paired particle production and how that relates to the quantum mechanics of false vacuums. Because all of this relates to the origin of the universe.

As for why you can't fathom where God was before the universe was created, I submit that it's your perception of God that makes you ask silly questions like this.
Sorry Ding but on my site that gives like 50 reasons why there is no god, explains this "something comes from nothing" thing

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

So your Something from Nothing argument has already been debunked

Here is the entire number 8

God created/caused the universe.​

The First Cause Argument, or Cosmological Argument [2], is internally contradictory and raises the following questions: Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations?

It is fundamentally a ‘god of the gaps’ approach. Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not automatically mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Metaphysical and theistic speculation are not immediately justified or correct simply because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

The argument ignores the fact that our everyday understanding of causality has been arrived at via a posteriori inductive reasoning – which means it might not apply to everything. Time, for instance, appears to have begun with the Big Bang, so there might not have been any ’cause’ for the Universe to be an ‘effect’ of since there was probably no time for a ’cause’ to exist in. Applying concepts like time and causality to the Big Bang might be comparable to asking “What is north of the North Pole?” – ultimately nonsensical and incoherent. Furthermore, even if causality could be established it would not immediately imply the existence of a god, much less any particular one, as the properties and nature of the ’cause’ could forever remain a mystery or be naturalistic.

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure [2][3]. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

Note 1: Theists often state “God is outside of time”. This claim does not actually make their speculation correct. Instead, it brings with it a whole host of problemsand may be immediately dismissed as being without basis and a type fallacy known as special pleading.

Note 2: Cosmogony is the scientific study of the origins of the universe.

See also: Carl Sagan on the topic (a must watch), Hitchens, Hawking – Did God Create the Universe? (a must watch), BBC Horizon – What happened before the big bang?, BBC Nothing (a must watch) and ‘A Universe From Nothing’ by Lawrence Krauss (a must watch).

Sorry Ding but on my site that gives like 50 reasons why there is no god, explains this "something comes from nothing" thing

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

So your Something from Nothing argument has already been debunked

Here is the entire number 8

God created/caused the universe.​

The First Cause Argument, or Cosmological Argument [2], is internally contradictory and raises the following questions: Who or what created god?, Why should a hypothetical ‘cause’ have any of the common attributes of a god?, Why is the ‘cause’ a specific god?, Why can’t the universe be causeless too? and, most importantly, Why rule out all other possible explanations?

It is fundamentally a ‘god of the gaps’ approach. Our current lack of understanding concerning the Universe’s origins does not automatically mean ‘god’ holds any explanatory value. Metaphysical and theistic speculation are not immediately justified or correct simply because we lack a comprehensive scientific model. Uncertainty is the most valid position and one can honestly say “We just don’t know yet”.

The argument ignores the fact that our everyday understanding of causality has been arrived at via a posteriori inductive reasoning – which means it might not apply to everything. Time, for instance, appears to have begun with the Big Bang, so there might not have been any ’cause’ for the Universe to be an ‘effect’ of since there was probably no time for a ’cause’ to exist in. Applying concepts like time and causality to the Big Bang might be comparable to asking “What is north of the North Pole?” – ultimately nonsensical and incoherent. Furthermore, even if causality could be established it would not immediately imply the existence of a god, much less any particular one, as the properties and nature of the ’cause’ could forever remain a mystery or be naturalistic.

In fact, something can come from nothing and we are able to observe it in the form of virtual particles and quantum vacuum fluctuations. They explain why the early universe lacked uniformity and provided the seeds for the emergence of structure [2][3]. These quantum phenomena are also causeless in the sense that they are objectively and irreducibly random, a fact confirmed by tests of non-local realism and Bell’s Theorem.

Note 1: Theists often state “God is outside of time”. This claim does not actually make their speculation correct. Instead, it brings with it a whole host of problemsand may be immediately dismissed as being without basis and a type fallacy known as special pleading.

Note 2: Cosmogony is the scientific study of the origins of the universe.

See also: Carl Sagan on the topic (a must watch), Hitchens, Hawking – Did God Create the Universe? (a must watch), BBC Horizon – What happened before the big bang?, BBC Nothing (a must watch) and ‘A Universe From Nothing’ by Lawrence Krauss (a must watch).
So now you are on board with the universe being created from nothing? That's good. You are only 6,000 years late.

Forum List

Back