Rand Paul is Filibustering John Brennan

I always knew Rand was an obstructionist.

So, he should sit back and allow the government to kill whoever they want with no questions asked?

Regardless of how you feel about republican obstructionism, try looking at this issue at face value and on its own. Don't look at it as just another republican filibuster.

By your statement, you support the killing of unarmed US citizens without due process?

I did not support the patriot act not the detention without trial when Bush was president, nor do I support it now.
NOt moving to close Gitmo was on reason why I gave up totally on Obama real fast.
However Rand is a suckass Republican not a Libertarian and does not deserve your support.

An old school filibuster. Shows you how serious Rand Paul is about this issue.

Can our government kill unarmed citizens, on US soil, with no due process?

Depends on the situation, of course. If Lincoln had drones, do you think he wouldn't have used them?

There is no situation where I would support that. I find it disgusting that people can even begin to support this, especially when these are some of the same people that scream "foul" over the Patriot Act.

If they are a US citizen, on US soil, and they are unarmed, you arrest them. You don't just send in a drone strike.

I don't think you'll find anyone who would support any president being given the power to kill unarmed citizens just because he feels like it.

Good for Rand Paul, any American regardless of ideology should be scared shitless about the reluctance to simply say "no, the president does not have the authority to simply drop a bomb on an American without due process".

Kevin is falling for the dynastical thing.
Rand is NOT Ron.
Rand is a Republican not a Libertarian.

I've criticized Rand numerous times. I'm well aware of his failings, and that he is not his father or a libertarian.

Good for Rand. Glad he is standing strong here. Im also glad they are doing an ACTUAL fillibuster. I am so tired of these pansy fillibusters.

You do realize don't you that due process is complied with when federal (or state or local) cops shoot someone dead while in the commission of a felony ... without any warrant or hearing?

Police are only allowed to kill a suspect when their life, or the life of someone else, is in danger. They are not allowed to kill someone just because they're committing a felony.

Depends on the situation, of course. If Lincoln had drones, do you think he wouldn't have used them?

There is no situation where I would support that. I find it disgusting that people can even begin to support this, especially when these are some of the same people that scream "foul" over the Patriot Act.

If they are a US citizen, on US soil, and they are unarmed, you arrest them. You don't just send in a drone strike.

I don't think you'll find anyone who would support any president being given the power to kill unarmed citizens just because he feels like it.

I would hope not. But after hopping over to HuffPo to read some comments regarding this story, it seems like some liberals are more than happy to allow it just because its a democrat president doing it and some republicans are against it.

I always knew Rand was an obstructionist.

So, he should sit back and allow the government to kill whoever they want with no questions asked?

Regardless of how you feel about republican obstructionism, try looking at this issue at face value and on its own. Don't look at it as just another republican filibuster.

By your statement, you support the killing of unarmed US citizens without due process?

I did not support the patriot act not the detention without trial when Bush was president, nor do I support it now.
NOt moving to close Gitmo was on reason why I gave up totally on Obama real fast.
However Rand is a suckass Republican not a Libertarian and does not deserve your support.

That's fine, don't support him. Support (D)Ron Wyden, support Marco Rubio, support someone who is actually trying to stop this. But don't be against the filibuster just because you don't like who's leading it.

An old school filibuster. Shows you how serious Rand Paul is about this issue.

Can our government kill unarmed citizens, on US soil, with no due process?

That's a straw man complaint. I don't see where it's been said that the president would authorize them to go after unarmed citizens. That's something you made up. The response was very general and presumed that the situation would be very unusual.

You do realize don't you that due process is complied with when federal (or state or local) cops shoot someone dead while in the commission of a felony ... without any warrant or hearing?

Police are only allowed to kill a suspect when their life, or the life of someone else, is in danger. They are not allowed to kill someone just because they're committing a felony.

You are wrong. If a person has demonstrated proclivity for continuing violence in the community and refuses to surrender, the LEO is empowered to use violence as necessary.

That's a straw man complaint. I don't see where it's been said that the president would authorize them to go after unarmed citizens. That's something you made up. The response was very general and presumed that the situation would be very unusual.

The problem is that the scenario hasn't been denied. They won't say that they don't have that power, which implies that they think that they do.

Rand Paul with the help of Ted Cruz is filibustering drone strike murderer John Brennan.

Live on C-SPAN now!

Rand Paul intends to speak as long as it takes to stop Obama from drone bombing you so every American should express gratitude to Senator Paul.

Paul said during his filibuster that his opposition was not about Brennan himself, but the constitutional issues involved. "We really just want [Obama] to say he won't" attack noncombatants on U.S. soil.

Rand Paul filibustering Brennan nomination to lead CIA

Of course the filibuster has nothing to do with whether the nominee is qualified or not; rather, we have yet another case of partisan grandstanding by an ignorant and incompetent politician from the right.

Otherwise, it's not the role of Congress, and Rand Paul in particular, to determine the constitutionality of policies of the Executive, that’s the responsibility of the Judiciary. And the courts are not allowed to weigh in on the issue per separation of powers doctrine, in addition to the fact that Congress, and again Rand Paul in particular, lacks standing to bring suit.

The courts have wisely and correctly determined this to be a political matter, subject to the democratic process, where the people decide the appropriateness of the Administration’s actions.

The people made their determination last November.

If Rand Paul wants the left to take him seriously, he needs to filibuster with a vuvuzela while marching in a vagina costume.

Rand Paul is grandstanding for his anti-American militia type cult following and practicing for his next career as a permanent unsuccessful candidate for President.

Rand Paul is grandstanding for his anti-American militia type cult following and practicing for his next career as a permanent unsuccessful candidate for President.

Your comment is a perfect example of why this country is falling apart.

Forum List

Back